• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dreams about the Other Side

Gargovic Malkav

Have you ever had a dream in which your dream logic told you you were in some kind of heaven/hell/afterlife/spirit-like place?

In this thread I'd like to hear people's stories if they're willing to share them.

This is one I remember:

In one dream I was in a place that felt so "foreign" to me that I felt lost and uncomfortable.
The environment looked like I was in some arid third world country.
When I walked down one of the unpaved streets with desolate buildings to the side, I saw several people standing in front of the buildings.
They looked more humanoid than human.
They somewhat resembled the kobolds from Harry Potter, except their huge noses were droopy and their ears looked human, although large.
They were dressed in a way that reminded me of Islamic, Central Asian cultures.
They had this funny, dreamy grin on their faces, revealing their pointy teeth and their absent-minded eyes were turned towards the sky, as though they were thinking about something pleasant or funny and are so lost in thoughts they forgot about the world around them.
I approached one of them and asked them a question (I don't remember what I asked, but I was probably asking for help).
He turned his eyes towards me and pulled his lips together as though he was swallowing or about to say something, but he didn't. He just returned to his daydreaming or whatever it was he was doing.
Realizing he wasn't of much help I moved on and entered one of the buildings.

There was a staircase leading downstairs.
When I went downstairs I entered a room where everything around me looked like white marble.
There was a young-looking man in the room who welcomed me.
His body was covered by a black cloak that was wrapped around his body. He had black, medium length hair and a handsome face with a very pale skin devoid of wrinkles and dark, piercing eyes.
Although his outward demeanor was calm and controlled, his eyes were full of hate.
He approached me and a conversation started.
He tried to persuade me into returning to my old habits;
The conviction that humans are disgusting creatures that deserve misery and destruction.
I felt he knew I've changed too much to be persuaded, but he didn't care. It was like a compulsive obsession of his.

I woke up soon after that(or during that conversation, I don't remember).

The gaze and the attitude of the man in black reminded me of someone who used to work here(Not RF, but in the place I live).
He got fired because he was extremely manipulative and didn't take crap from anyone. I used to like him for a while because we both felt like outcasts.
But in time I felt that many of the things he said was just to get a desired response out of me and he always acted like his own crap doesn't stink, and he was driven by spite.
He also had a habit of projecting his own bad traits on others.
I don't blame the staff for firing him.

I've had a few more dreams I interpreted to take place in a spiritual environment which I'm willing to share if people are interested.

Has anyone else had experiences of this nature?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The school.

I don't think it was an afterlife place, but it was so concrete and I returned to it so many times that it felt like a real place, at least. I dreamt of it so much that seeing I was there let me know I was dreaming, and I could at that point take full control while dreaming(lucid dreaming, I guess you'd say).

It started with a class schedule I couldn't read. It was always too blurry. Or wet and smeared. I'd spend so much time trying to find a way to get a new one, or find someone who could tell me where my next class was, but it never worked.

The first time the lucid part struck, I said to hell with the schedule, and threw it on the floor. Then I did what I wanted. The place had so much detail. There were other people there, and some were fun to talk to, but I remember them more as groups than individuals. The ones that stood by the back door(which was next to the cafeteria, and a big warehouse-like room where they kept the school supplies and curriculum) and smoked cigarettes were my favorite people, but the library was my favorite place. It was huge, double floored, and blue. Lots of shades of blue. It had soft sculptures hanging from the ceiling, and rows and rows of books. There was a computer area, too, but I avoided it mostly.

There was a pool, but it often malfunctioned... sometimes it was empty. I hope they got it fixed...

I told someone about the dreams and the schedule once. She said "perhaps the fact that you can't read it shows you're not supposed to have one. Maybe you're on a different path than what is conventional." I had one more dream of the school... and I could read the schedule. I laughed and threw it on the floor; I didn't care about it now. I went and did what I wanted... but that was the last time. I never dreamed of it again. And I really miss it now!

I will say, ever since then, I can read in dreams now.

Gargovic Malkav

The school.

I don't think it was an afterlife place, but it was so concrete and I returned to it so many times that it felt like a real place, at least. I dreamt of it so much that seeing I was there let me know I was dreaming, and I could at that point take full control while dreaming(lucid dreaming, I guess you'd say).

It started with a class schedule I couldn't read. It was always too blurry. Or wet and smeared. I'd spend so much time trying to find a way to get a new one, or find someone who could tell me where my next class was, but it never worked.

The first time the lucid part struck, I said to hell with the schedule, and threw it on the floor. Then I did what I wanted. The place had so much detail. There were other people there, and some were fun to talk to, but I remember them more as groups than individuals. The ones that stood by the back door(which was next to the cafeteria, and a big warehouse-like room where they kept the school supplies and curriculum) and smoked cigarettes were my favorite people, but the library was my favorite place. It was huge, double floored, and blue. Lots of shades of blue. It had soft sculptures hanging from the ceiling, and rows and rows of books. There was a computer area, too, but I avoided it mostly.

There was a pool, but it often malfunctioned... sometimes it was empty. I hope they got it fixed...

I told someone about the dreams and the schedule once. She said "perhaps the fact that you can't read it shows you're not supposed to have one. Maybe you're on a different path than what is conventional." I had one more dream of the school... and I could read the schedule. I laughed and threw it on the floor; I didn't care about it now. I went and did what I wanted... but that was the last time. I never dreamed of it again. And I really miss it now!

I will say, ever since then, I can read in dreams now.

Oh yeah I have the school dream every once in awhile where I'm having similar issues: Unable to read the schedule or tell the time, or when I can read the schedule or see what time it is but it keeps changing. Worries about homework and which class I'm supposed to be in.
And then there's this moment of clarity: "Dude, you're an an adult, you have no business in high school!"
A very liberating feeling.

I have similar recurring dreams about traveling by train with similar anxieties: Which train am I supposed to catch, where am I supposed to go, leaving my luggage in the train I just exited.