• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dreams about nuclear war in my youth

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As recent events have been making me think about back during the Cold War, I occasionally had dreams about nuclear war. I don't remember all of them, but there were a few that somehow stayed with me.

One was kind of weird. I was in high school, and we heard that a nuclear attack was coming, but everyone was so nonchalant about it. It was almost like nobody cared. I looked to the northern horizon and saw missiles in the air heading towards us, and I said to my friend "Well, it's been nice knowing ya," and he said "Same here," and that was that.

In another dream, I was in an airplane while the nuclear war was going on, but somehow, we were able to escape any damage or injury, and landed in a place which was unaffected.

Then another time, I was standing in my neighborhood and saw everything flattened. The whole place had been wiped out in a nuclear attack...except for my house. It was still standing. So, I went in and turned on the TV. President Carter was on. He was discussing the Soviet nuclear attack and said that it could have a very serious effect on US-Soviet relations.

I don't know what these dreams mean; I never tried to interpret them.

Anyone have any nuclear war dreams?

Eyes to See

My son was just asking me if I thought there would be a nuclear war, and what the Bible says about it. I think Bible visions and dreams from Jehovah God about the matter are very interesting indeed.

Did you know that in the vision John had he saw the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

"Then I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon. It exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed.  And it performs great signs, even making fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind."-Revelation 13:11-13.

Now the book of Revelation was never intended for the world of mankind in general, especially people who do not believe in Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, or obey the good news. But once in awhile you will get a servant of Jehovah who it does apply to and who it was written for to explain some things in the book to you.

Wild beasts in the book of Revelation are political entities or governments, just as they were in the book of Daniel. Now in this vision it says a wild beast ascended out of the earth. The earth is the stable elements of human society. Now it exercises all the authority of the first wild beast. We don't read about it here, but that wild beast had 7 heads and 10 horns and represents the 7 world powers of Bible history that have had a direct influence on God's people. Now this wild beast is the 7th head. It is depicted as having two horns. Well, it has people worship the image of the wild beast (this image is scarlet colored and does not have diadems on its heads as the first 7 headed wild beast does. It represents the United Nations). The wild beast with the two horns represents the Anglo-American world power. It is also called the "false prophet." Notice that it performs great signs, "even making fire come down out of heaven to the earth." This is when it used the nuclear weapons on Japan.

There are a couple of other visions in Daniel that talk about the United States and Russia. In one of them in Daniel 11 we read about a march of world powers known as the "kings of the north and south." In our day the king of the south is the United States and Great Britain, and the king of the north is Russia. During the cold war it was the U. S. S. R. We are told that in the time of the end the king of the north and the king of the south would engage in a pushing of each other:

“In the time of the end the king of the south will engage with him in a pushing..."-Daniel 11:40.

What we see right now going on between Putin and Bidin is a part of this pushing between the kings of the north and south, fulfillment of Bible prophecy. But nowhere are we told that it ends in nuclear annihilation. I reassured by son that Bible prophecy reveals that humankind is not wiped out by nuclear war. That will not happen.

There are a lot more things that are about to happen on the world stage. And there are going to be things that when they start to happen Jesus said that when the people see it they will become faint out of fear, and in Revelation we are told that everyone is going to be wanting to hide themselves in caves:

"Then the kings of the earth, the high officials, the military commanders, the rich, the strong, every slave, and every free person hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rocks: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb,  because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”-Revelation 6:15-17.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
My son was just asking me if I thought there would be a nuclear war, and what the Bible says about it. I think Bible visions and dreams from Jehovah God about the matter are very interesting indeed.

Did you know that in the vision John had he saw the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

"Then I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon. It exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed.  And it performs great signs, even making fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind."-Revelation 13:11-13.

Now the book of Revelation was never intended for the world of mankind in general, especially people who do not believe in Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, or obey the good news. But once in awhile you will get a servant of Jehovah who it does apply to and who it was written for to explain some things in the book to you.

Wild beasts in the book of Revelation are political entities or governments, just as they were in the book of Daniel. Now in this vision it says a wild beast ascended out of the earth. The earth is the stable elements of human society. Now it exercises all the authority of the first wild beast. We don't read about it here, but that wild beast had 7 heads and 10 horns and represents the 7 world powers of Bible history that have had a direct influence on God's people. Now this wild beast is the 7th head. It is depicted as having two horns. Well, it has people worship the image of the wild beast (this image is scarlet colored and does not have diadems on its heads as the first 7 headed wild beast does. It represents the United Nations). The wild beast with the two horns represents the Anglo-American world power. It is also called the "false prophet." Notice that it performs great signs, "even making fire come down out of heaven to the earth." This is when it used the nuclear weapons on Japan.

There are a couple of other visions in Daniel that talk about the United States and Russia. In one of them in Daniel 11 we read about a march of world powers known as the "kings of the north and south." In our day the king of the south is the United States and Great Britain, and the king of the north is Russia. During the cold war it was the U. S. S. R. We are told that in the time of the end the king of the north and the king of the south would engage in a pushing of each other:

“In the time of the end the king of the south will engage with him in a pushing..."-Daniel 11:40.

What we see right now going on between Putin and Bidin is a part of this pushing between the kings of the north and south, fulfillment of Bible prophecy. But nowhere are we told that it ends in nuclear annihilation. I reassured by son that Bible prophecy reveals that humankind is not wiped out by nuclear war. That will not happen.

There are a lot more things that are about to happen on the world stage. And there are going to be things that when they start to happen Jesus said that when the people see it they will become faint out of fear, and in Revelation we are told that everyone is going to be wanting to hide themselves in caves:

"Then the kings of the earth, the high officials, the military commanders, the rich, the strong, every slave, and every free person hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rocks: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb,  because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”-Revelation 6:15-17.

The Norse account of the end of the world in the Voluspa also mentions all consuming fire.

"The god Freyr fights the giant Surtr, who wields a fiery sword that shines brighter than the sun, and Freyr falls."

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
As recent events have been making me think about back during the Cold War, I occasionally had dreams about nuclear war. I don't remember all of them, but there were a few that somehow stayed with me.

One was kind of weird. I was in high school, and we heard that a nuclear attack was coming, but everyone was so nonchalant about it. It was almost like nobody cared. I looked to the northern horizon and saw missiles in the air heading towards us, and I said to my friend "Well, it's been nice knowing ya," and he said "Same here," and that was that.

In another dream, I was in an airplane while the nuclear war was going on, but somehow, we were able to escape any damage or injury, and landed in a place which was unaffected.

Then another time, I was standing in my neighborhood and saw everything flattened. The whole place had been wiped out in a nuclear attack...except for my house. It was still standing. So, I went in and turned on the TV. President Carter was on. He was discussing the Soviet nuclear attack and said that it could have a very serious effect on US-Soviet relations.

It's ironic that you've mentioned your dreams of nuclear war tonight, because I was researching Nostradamus' predictions online after I watched the first episode of a docuseries about him on Discovery plus this evening. It's believed that one of his predictions describe an upcoming nuclear war and World War III. I also read about his many predictions that have come true. His fulfilled and unfulfilled predictions are truly bone chilling, to be honest. I don't know if you're familiar with his predictions, or if you believe his predictions, but many of them are eerily similar to historic events that have happened, such as the death of Henry II of France and the rise of Adolf Hitler. Honestly, I wish I hadn't let my curiosity get the best of me tonight because I'm kind of freaked out now.

Eyes to See

The Norse account of the end of the world in the Voluspa also mentions all consuming fire.

"The god Freyr fights the giant Surtr, who wields a fiery sword that shines brighter than the sun, and Freyr falls."

The dream given to king Nebuchadnezzar depicts the United States government in the time of the end as well.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMoviesBibleTimes/pub-dlf_1_VIDEO

In the movie linked above you see it depicted in graphic detail I recommend you to take the time to watch it. Starting at 39:53.

There you will see the immense image in king Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Now if you will notice at the bottom of the image are feet of iron and clay. This depicts the United States and Great Britain. The prophecy itself tells you why the image's feet are partly of iron and partly of clay:

"And just as you saw the feet and the toes to be partly of clay of a potter and partly of iron, the kingdom will be divided, but some of the hardness of iron will be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with soft clay. And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile. Just as you saw iron mixed with soft clay, they will be mixed with the people; but they will not stick together, one to the other, just as iron does not mix with clay."-Daniel 2:41-43.

This is because the kingdom. or government, is partly strong, and partly weak. And this is because of the radical elements within it. We can see this mixture of strong and weak right now in the United States and Great Britain with its more stable elements and its more radicalized and unstable elements that are at war with each other right now on social media, in the streets, everywhere, just as foretold.

If you watch the movie depiction of the dream, or read the dream for yourself you will see that a hand, not a human hand, carves out a rock from the mountain and it hurls it at the feet of the statue and pulverizes it. This will be the battle of Armageddon, when Jesus' kingdom government, no human hand, will wage war with all wicked humankind including the United States and destroy them completely. So the United States will remain until the very end at the war of Armageddon when Jesus will do away along with his holy angels will do away with the Anglo-American world power along with the rest of this wicked world:

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever."-Daniel 2:44.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

There are older religions that predate Christianity and have similar stories to what's written in the Bible, such as a global flood, the virgin birth, and a savior/Christ-like figure. It's commonly believed that the writers of the Bible copied these stories from these older religions and Christianized them. As we know, there are popular Christian Christmas traditions that were once ancient pagan rituals that were plagiarized by early Christians and Christianized. It's reasonable to assume that some stories in the Bible were also taken from pagan religions. I'm including this article, Parallels between Christianity and ancient Pagan religions, to demonstrate my point.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's ironic that you've mentioned your dreams of nuclear war tonight, because I was researching Nostradamus' predictions online after I watched the first episode of a docuseries about him on Discovery plus this evening. It's believed that one of his predictions describe an upcoming nuclear war and World War III. I also read about his many predictions that have come true. His fulfilled and unfulfilled predictions are truly bone chilling, to be honest. I don't know if you're familiar with his predictions, or if you believe his predictions, but many of them are eerily similar to historic events that have happened, such as the death of Henry II of France and the rise of Adolf Hitler. Honestly, I wish I hadn't let my curiosity get the best of me tonight because I'm kind of freaked out now.

Nostradamus predicts: What's in store for 2022?

Most of this stuff is über vague. And could mean anything.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Nostradamus predicts: What's in store for 2022?

Most of this stuff is über vague. And could mean anything.

I'm not going to read this article tonight, because I've already read enough of his predictions that will probably cause me to have nightmares. As I said, I wish I hadn't let my curiosity get the best of me. I'm sure I would have been better off if I had paced myself with reading his predictions, rather than going gung ho on reading multiple articles about his many fulfilled/unfulfilled predictions.

Last edited:

Eyes to See

There are older religions that predate Christianity and have similar stories to what's written in the Bible, such as a global flood, the virgin birth, and a savior/Christ-like figure. It's commonly believed that the writers of the Bible copied these stories from these older religions and Christianized them. As we know, there are popular Christian Christmas traditions that were once ancient pagan rituals that were plagiarized by early Christians and Christianized. It's reasonable to assume that some stories in the Bible were also taken from ancient pagan religions. I thought I'd include this article to validate my point: Parallels between Christianity and ancient Pagan religions.

The depictions of a global flood are in hundreds of myths around the world in all cultures. That is because they all stem from one real event in the past. And that is the one described in the Bible account in Genesis, the deluge of Noah's day.

None of those the gods in the ancient religions have foretold what is to happen in the near future and then raised up witnesses for their name to declare what they are about to do and then do it.

In fact Jehovah gives this challenge to all the gods of the world:

“Produce evidence and tell us the things that will happen.
Do tell us about the former things,
So that we may reflect on them and know their outcome.
Or declare to us the things that are coming.
Tell us what will happen in the future,
So that we may know that you are gods.
Yes, do something, good or bad,
So that we may be amazed when we see it.
Look! You are something nonexistent,
And your achievement is nothing.
Anyone who chooses you is detestable."

-Isaiah 41:22-24.

Jehovah on the other hand not only foretold he would raise witnesses for his name, he both foretold what he is going to do, has sent his witnesses into all the earth as he said he would do to tell everyone what he is going to do. And he then will also do it:

"Who told about this from the beginning, so that we could know,
Or from times past, so that we could say, ‘He is right’?
Indeed, no one announced it!
No one declared it!
No one heard anything from you!”
I was the first to say to Zion: “Look! Here they are!”
And to Jerusalem I will send a bearer of good news.
But I kept looking, and there was no one;
There was not one among them to give advice.
And I kept asking them to reply.
Look! All of them are a delusion.
Their works are nothing.
Their metal images are wind and unreality
."
-Isaiah 41:26-29.

You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me
And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none
."
-Isaiah 43:10-11.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The depictions of a global flood are in hundreds of myths around the world in all cultures. That is because they all stem from one real event in the past. And that is the one described in the Bible account in Genesis, the deluge of Noah's day.

None of those the gods in the ancient religions have foretold what is to happen in the near future and then raised up witnesses for their name to declare what they are about to do and then do it.

In fact Jehovah gives this challenge to all the gods of the world:

“Produce evidence and tell us the things that will happen.
Do tell us about the former things,
So that we may reflect on them and know their outcome.
Or declare to us the things that are coming.
Tell us what will happen in the future,
So that we may know that you are gods.
Yes, do something, good or bad,
So that we may be amazed when we see it.
Look! You are something nonexistent,
And your achievement is nothing.
Anyone who chooses you is detestable."

-Isaiah 41:22-24.

Jehovah on the other hand not only foretold he would raise witnesses for his name, he both foretold what he is going to do, has sent his witnesses into all the earth as he said he would do to tell everyone what he is going to do. And he then will also do it:

"Who told about this from the beginning, so that we could know,
Or from times past, so that we could say, ‘He is right’?
Indeed, no one announced it!
No one declared it!
No one heard anything from you!”
I was the first to say to Zion: “Look! Here they are!”
And to Jerusalem I will send a bearer of good news.
But I kept looking, and there was no one;
There was not one among them to give advice.
And I kept asking them to reply.
Look! All of them are a delusion.
Their works are nothing.
Their metal images are wind and unreality
."
-Isaiah 41:26-29.

You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me
And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none
."
-Isaiah 43:10-11.

Your God appears to talk too much.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Some dreams can foretell of the future, you may have very well seen a glimpse, yet they are nearly impossible to interpret.

Regards Tony

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

I've had some rather graphic mushroom cloud dreams in the past,

One (and I am not lying) a day or two before 9/11.

It doesn't help that I have some rather rare 35mm film reels from test explosions.
Don't ask, I won't say how. And I've never seen them in stock footage online.

Horrific.

Lately, I've had these less and less. They upset me less now that I think
humanity is doomed. IDK if it would be less or more destructive to the
planet's ecosystems than the slow death we're causing.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Given that I was born at the end of WWII, for the sake of symmetry I might expect to die just as WWIII begins, and hopefully I have a few years left yet - so you can all sleep peacefully, for the moment. :oops:

Never had any such dreams as I recall, and I had just started work when the Cuban Missile Crisis occurred. Such as it was, we got an announcement over the works Tannoy when the USSR climbed down - much to our relief - since it did seem as if we were headed for a nuclear war. And indeed it did come close - which didn't come out until later. A bit worried that Putin is perhaps not like Khrushchev, and might just push a little too hard. :eek:

PS If I stop posting start being worried. :p

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My son was just asking me if I thought there would be a nuclear war, and what the Bible says about it.
I suspect that ancient primitives didn't have a lot of knowledge, understanding, or insight regarding fission/fusion and the weaponization of such.

Last edited: