• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dream Meaning

Shaneomac1

Im not a religious man nor am I a hater by any stretch . I had a dream Saturday night that I was talking to satan. Here is how it went.

When I saw him ( Two smallish horns ,assuming it was him red flesh with holes in the flesh) I asked what was going on and he said.

“Im not ready for you yet” I said “yet” and he gave the most awesome evil grin and said “ not yet”..

I woke up screaming so loud that it hurt my stomach… Thoughts?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Im not a religious man nor am I a hater by any stretch . I had a dream Saturday night that I was talking to satan. Here is how it went.

When I saw him ( Two smallish horns ,assuming it was him red flesh with holes in the flesh) I asked what was going on and he said.

“Im not ready for you yet” I said “yet” and he gave the most awesome evil grin and said “ not yet”..

To me sound like it could have been a form of test from a spiritual realm, But it could also maybe reflect a form of fear within you?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Were you thinking of Satan or of death-related issues that day?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Nothing i can recall. But honestly almost all the movies today has some death in it..
Yeah i suppose so. Anyway, what I was getting at is that most dreams are somehow based on what we've thought about during the day or in recent days coupled in with a lot of nonsense.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Is there anything you anticipate to fundamentally change in your life in the near future? Graduating, change of job, retiring, getting married?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have a background in psychology and what I would do is to ask you to explore the meaning using various therapeutic approaches. There are too many possibilities to be conclusive at this point. But that it affected you so strongly is a marker for something very important psychologically in the dream.

Another avenue of approach is to ask if you've done something that you consider to be a bad mistake. Or to ask if there's anything in your background when you were growing up that including satanic negativity such as some church teachings.

Shaneomac1

Ive made several mistake i wish i could take back absolutely.As a kid i was forced to go to church with my parents until i got old enough where they would ask if i wanted to go or not. i almost always said no i didnt want to go.

Shaneomac1

NOT exactly sure but i would like to make a greater impression on the world. Its not that i feel like i dont matter bc everyone matters. Just not sure it is what i want to achieve before i go!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

My guess is that you had a dream / nightmare. Nothing more to it

And welcome to RF

Nimos

Could be a form of sleep paralysis, maybe?

Sleep paralysis is when, during waking up or falling asleep, a person is aware but unable to move or speak.[1][2] During an episode, one may hallucinate (hear, feel, or see things that are not there), which often results in fear.[1] Episodes generally last less than a couple of minutes.[2] It may occur as a single episode or be recurrent.[1]

The condition may occur in those who are otherwise healthy or those with narcolepsy, or it may run in families as a result of specific genetic changes.[2] The condition can be triggered by sleep deprivation, psychological stress, or abnormal sleep cycles.[2] The underlying mechanism is believed to involve a dysfunction in REM sleep.[2] Diagnosis is based on a person's description.[2] Other conditions that can present similarly include narcolepsy, atonic seizure, and hypokalemic periodic paralysis.[2]

Treatment options for sleep paralysis have been poorly studied.[1] It is recommended that people be reassured that the condition is common and generally not serious.[1] Other efforts that may be tried include sleep hygiene, cognitive behavioral therapy, and antidepressants.[1]

Between 8% and 50% of people experience sleep paralysis at some time.[2][3] About 5% of people have regular episodes.[2] Males and females are affected equally.[2] Sleep paralysis has been described throughout history.[1] It is believed to have played a role in the creation of stories about alien abduction and other paranormal events.[1]

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Does anyone really know why we dream and where dreams come from? Seems like I have a whole other life in my dreams with people who are familiar to me there, that I don't even know in real life. Some experts suggest that our dreams are just our brains getting rid of accumulated rubbish....and I can't argue with that since many of the dreams I remember are often rubbish. Sometimes they are hilarious!

Dreams don't have to have meaning unless we want to read something into them.....IMO.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

Sounds to me like you're not yet ready for something.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Belated greetings!
We're just now starting the free evening snack in the staff cafeteria.
Join us!
roman_feast_table.jpg