• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dream destination for a vacation

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What is your dream destination for a vacation? Why do you want to go there?
I don't really have one as where is live is so spectacular that there really is no place like home. :)

I don't do hot temperatures well but would love to see Australia and Egypt, but know it would be unwise for me to do so. Israel would also be wonderful, but sadly, this frost giant must stay in reasonably cool places lest I melt.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Israel would also be wonderful, but sadly, this frost giant must stay in reasonably cool places lest I melt.
The last time I was there we had 114 F three days in a row while down in Eilat. Beautiful place though. Jerusalem isn't bad even during the summer as even though it may be 90+, the humidity is usually around 10% during that time of the year.

metis

I really loved Quebec and would like to go back and spend some more time there. And Paris is very high on my list.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I really loved Quebec and would like to go back and spend some more time there. And Paris is very high on my list.
Quebec has it's own charm, for sure, but have you visited the west coast? The BBQ at Chez Ymir is always on standby lest you decide to make the trip. :)

It's 85F here right now, so I'm hiding under my rock.

metis

Quebec has it's own charm, for sure, but have you visited the west coast? The BBQ at Chez Ymir is always on standby lest you decide to make the trip. :)

It's 85F here right now, so I'm hiding under my rock.
No I haven't, but I hear that Vancouver especially is very nice. To damn many Canucks, though.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I love Italy, central and southern for me. Was considering moving there around the Naples area for the history, art and vitality of life.

But decided on another favourite, south west france for the same reasons plus he country side which is stunning.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
New Zealand is spectacular, Lord of the rings scenery and lots of it but I love Sainte Marie de La mer in the south of France, ticks all the boxes for me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
New Zealand is spectacular, Lord of the rings scenery and lots of it but I love Sainte Marie de La mer in the south of France, ticks all the boxes for me.

Im not a beach person but was staying in Montpelier, if its the same place (couple of extra silent s's) we visited for a day.

Sanzbir

What is your dream destination for a vacation? Why do you want to go there?

I keep having dreams where I am vacationing in specifically Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

I know that's not what you meant by "dream destination for a vacation", but the literal interpretation of "dream destination" is more fun for an answer, especially since I keep having these weird Ulaanbaatar dreams.

Audie

Veteran Member
All sensible people know Hong Kong is number one.

Been there. A lot.

I'd like to visit Finland.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I really want to go to Prague. If things go as planned, it will be part of a 50th wedding anniversary trip my husband and I have planned for the summer of 2020. I really love old, old cities with a lot of character and I hear Prague is incredible.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm a cultural tourist/Hindu pilgrim. I'd like to go to Kedranath, Amarnath Cave, and Batu Caves. The Irish countryside also is appealing, as are Norwegian fjiords. Norway even has some expatriate Tamil temples. The northernmost Hindu temple on the planet is in Klondheim. The southernmost is in Punta Arenas, Chile.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's thrifty, & I already have everything....
Bacon, chocolate, Tools, my landscaping, food, Mr Van, machinery,
Menards, my favorite restaurants, good internet, etc, etc.
Well, then, I guess you are living your dream. Lucky you!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really have one as where is live is so spectacular that there really is no place like home. :)

I don't do hot temperatures well but would love to see Australia and Egypt, but know it would be unwise for me to do so. Israel would also be wonderful, but sadly, this frost giant must stay in reasonably cool places lest I melt.

Dude...travel to Tasmania, then flip up to Melbourne. Steer clear of summer, and you won't melt. Promise.