• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dramatic weight loss?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Also, weight gain is a side-effect of my meds

That's a tough one.

The #1 advice I ever heard was to start eating the way I would when I was maintaining my goal weight and then cut back.

Some people have trigger foods that they need to avoid. Groups like "Food addicts in recovery" are for people like that.

But also you did not mention consulting a dietician. It might be that personal feedback would be helpful.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes I have. Carbs, simple carbs are the culprit to building fat. Protein based diets work well because the body simply discards unused proteins. Plus, high carb intake stimulates insulin to balance sugar which gives the effect of being hungry when you aren't.

I've done Atkins which was no more than 30 grams of carbs a day. That was hard, didn't feel well for the first couple weeks. Lost 45 pounds.

Fasting 16-8 for 5 days. Example, last HEALTHY meal at 6:00PM, NOTHING but water, BLACK coffee if you drink it until 10:00 AM the next day. Do your eating within the next 8 hours until 6:00 PM. Repeat!. 5 days on, 2 day normal HEALTHY eating, not sugar/carb crap!

I've also done the "boiled egg diet" if you like eggs. It works!!! and I didn't feel as hungry at all.

14 Day Boiled Egg Diet: Will It Yield Any Long-Term Results?

I lost a lot of weight on a carb free diet. The trick is maintenance aftewards which includes getting on a scale EVERY DAY.

Colt

I lost a lot of weight on a carb free diet. The trick is maintenance aftewards which includes getting on a scale EVERY DAY.
yep! And theres no way around the fact that we have to be willing to change our diet going forward or else carb eating creeps back in. Americas diet in general is just horrible!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
In the past, has anyone here achieved dramatic weight loss?

If so, please share your story!
When I was around 21 years old I went from 300 pounds to 160 pounds!
When 28, I went from 134 pounds to 96 pounds (6feet 3inches = 1m86) tall. I haven't been able to get the pounds back

But still alive after so many years:D, so I need not worry

@Eddi I wish you all the best with your goals

I also have those trackers, nice gadgets, showing heartbeat and even spO2

I have Huawei, so probably I get double tracked

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...some girls do not mind belly in a man.
I think you should take it easy. Be more serene. :)

Poisonshady313

I lost 100 lbs in 5 months. From May 2020 to October 2020. I've been very successfully maintaining my results since then.

I went from a size 44 pair of jeans down to a 32.

It was all about nutrition. I found a program that works. While I was losing weight, I was learning healthy habits and developing a healthier relationship to food. And while I was far from sedentary during this time, I wasn't working out. After I hit my weight goal, I started working out, and each time I do it feels more satisfying than it ever did before.