• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

draft 2005

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think Jensa mentioned this, too, but this is the first link I've seen about it. I can say, in all honestly, that the worst threat to America would be the mere concept of me in a military position. I seem to have the same disposition to be led as a goat does, with none of the same tact of said animal. (It must be said that at least I could refrain from trying to eat a superior officers' yummy-looking medals. Well, okay, probably.) The only reason I didn't get myself drawn and quartered in the youth Civil Air Patrol is because I puzzled them too much.

I explored that site a bit, and as far as I can tell it's a haven for Bush bashing, sensationalism, conspiracy theories, and Native American herbal "cures" for cancer. If the article came from another news agency like CNN, the New York Times, or something, it would be more credible (though sadly, not much more credible).

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree with Mr_Spinkles,

I noticed on the top bar it said something tot he effect of "welcome to the website of the last true newspaper in the U.S."

This reminds me of the "If liberals are voted in, expect a banning of the Bible" propaganda that was going around.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It will sure be interesting if the draft is re-instated. I personally doubt it will, but the rumors have been flying. The question I have is this: IF (big "IF") the draft were re-instated, would you serve? Would you go to Canada? Would you vote for a politician who voted to re-instate the draft? What would you do?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Thanks for checking out the link, guys! I hadn't bothered, and am now reminded of the importance of researching these things. As for Sunstone's question... Is the hypothetical draft for the war we're currently in, or simply any in general? I might have different reactions, depending on the (again, hypothetical) need for the draft.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The war we're currently in. Let's suppose that the draft is re-instated in order to raise troop levels in Iraq. What then?

I would serve, if I could. In fact, I would have joined voluntarily quite some time ago. But I doubt I will ever be allowed the privelage of serving, as the military would have to be pretty desperate before it starts accepting hemophiliacs.

I'm too old too serve personally but if it were my son or daughter...I would send them packing to Canada.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones in Iraq and I mean no disrespect for their sacrifice but I believe this war is wrong, wrong wrong, I would not risk the life of my child for a war that we were led into under false pretentions and which, in imo, is unjustified.