• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downton Abbey: A New Era

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
OK, I confess: I am a big Dame Maggie Smith fan and, as such, a fan of Downton Abbey. To all those who share this bias, I think you'; find this new movie to be excellent.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I plan to see it.
Great show.

Alas, I can no longer find the cast of Downton Abbey
doing their version of Breaking Bad. So you must
settle for....

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
OK, I confess: I am a big Dame Maggie Smith fan and, as such, a fan of Downton Abbey. To all those who share this bias, I think you'; find this new movie to be excellent.
Dame Maggie Smith is awesome!
I probably should refresh myself on the series before watching the movie. But I plan on doing that this weekend

gnomon

I have to ask if you have seen Gosford Park and if so would you recommend it? This question to anyone, actually.

Hold

Model Member
Premium Member
Downton Abbey was very entertaining.....I've seen too many repeats of the show as my better half enjoys reruns....

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Downton Abbey was very entertaining.....I've seen too many repeats of the show as my better half enjoys reruns....
I'm somewhat of a Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) fan. She also does a good job in Godless and Anatomy of a Scandal - both rolls very different than the one she played in Downton Abbey.

Hold

Model Member
Premium Member
I'm somewhat of a Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) fan. She also does a good job in Godless and Anatomy of a Scandal - both rolls very different than the one she played in Downton Abbey.
She sure was a convincing "Lady Mary" and it doesn't hurt to be easy to look at...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Watched this last night.

What a great send off to a great series.

Nice to see happy endings all around (in spite of the fact that its set on the eve of the stock market crash, the Great Depression, and the first rumblings of World War II).