• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downgrading my cellphone

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I do have a laptop in my home, but I do not own the laptop :) And the laptop is not going with me when I leave the home. So my "goal" is to be internet free when I leave the home
I am internet free when I leave the home because I do not have a cell phone working right now and I have no tablet either, and even when I had a cell phone I was not paying extra for an internet connection. I have an internet connection as part of my new cell phone service but I am not going to bother with it for now because I don't travel anymore and I don't need to go on the internet when I am out for a walk or for short trips to the grocery store which is the only place I go anymore.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Because of how things are here in Norway when it come to how governmental offices should be able to contact me I can not let go of a phone fully, but I do wish I could :)
Don't lose the phone. You never know when you might be in an urgent situation and need to call for help, and there's nobody around. And the same is true for others who may need to reach you urgently (I'm sure there must be somebody).

So having that ability to reach out available at hand is good. Then your next choice is -- when will I use it? And I suggest that most people could get away with using their phones about 97.6% less frequently than they do. We don't need to be constantly reminded that little Jenny lost a tooth, or little Billy did his first potty.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Don't lose the phone. You never know when you might be in an urgent situation and need to call for help, and there's nobody around. And the same is true for others who may need to reach you urgently (I'm sure there must be somebody).

So having that ability to reach out available at hand is good. Then your next choice is -- when will I use it? And I suggest that most people could get away with using their phones about 97.6% less frequently than they do. We don't need to be constantly reminded that little Jenny lost a tooth, or little Billy did his first potty.
Yes, I do want to carry a phone, just don't need the internet on it the same way the Samsung have had it

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes, I do want to carry a phone, just don't need the internet on it the same way the Samsung have had it
By the way, I can only use my phone to reach the internet when I'm within reach of wifi. When I'm out of reach of wifi, I have only phone or text capability -- nothing else. The result is that my partner and I pay about one quarter (or less) of the cost for having our phones that most people do. That's another good thing.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
By the way, I can only use my phone to reach the internet when I'm within reach of wifi. When I'm out of reach of wifi, I have only phone or text capability -- nothing else. The result is that my partner and I pay about one quarter (or less) of the cost for having our phones that most people do. That's another good thing.
You are surprising me today :) I do also only use wifi on the phone when I am away from home. the sim card I have is a pre-payed card , and internet kind of not working well then hehe