• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downgrading my cellphone

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For some time i been thinking of downgrading my use of cellphone, and now I think I found the one I could think of getting :) So going from a Samsung Galaxy A20e I am now thinking of a Nokia 2720 flip cellphone.

nokia-2720-flip-mobiltelefon-sort.jpg

Because I want to spend time actually looking around when I am outdoor instead of having my eyes pointed at the screen of the phone (internet) when I am away from home. And yes it also has to do with my minimalistic lifestyle.

The thought of, "I do not need the big expensive gadgets" has become very strong within me.

Any thoughts?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's crazy talk.
Imagine that you're outdoors in a verdant glen
in a mountain valley with the sun on your shoulder,
a whiff of flowers in bloom, & various woodland
creatures skittering about.
Suppose you wanted to argue on RF....you couldn't!
You'd be stuck trying to amuse yourself there.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
For some time i been thinking of downgrading my use of cellphone, and now I think I found the one I could think of getting :) So going from a Samsung Galaxy A20e I am now thinking of a Nokia 2720 flip cellphone.

Because I want to spend time actually looking around when I am outdoor instead of having my eyes pointed at the screen of the phone (internet) when I am away from home. And yes it also has to do with my minimalistic lifestyle.

The thought of, "I do not need the big expensive gadgets" has become very strong within me.

Any thoughts?

The trick is not a downgrade phone but self control. Turn off mobile internet, put phone in pocket, problem solved..

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My wife & I have stayed with our flip-phones minus texting largely because if you want to talk with us, talk with us, and then we'll do the same back with you. How novel, eh! :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The trick is not a downgrade phone but self control. Turn off mobile internet, put phone in pocket, problem solved..
Hehe tried it, I turn the internet on automatically when I am at a train or other places with wifi. So for me (not say it is for others) it work better to downgrade my digital imprint and useaged

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I think downgrading to whatever is a good idea. Mobile phones are getting costlier and costlier (I think, I do not have one and do not know how to operate them, although there are plenty of them in the house-hold, my son is employed with a Japanese firm which sells them) with many facilities which we never use including a trillion GB disk.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's crazy talk.
Imagine that you're outdoors in a verdant glen
in a mountain valley with the sun on your shoulder,
a whiff of flowers in bloom, & various woodland
creatures skittering about.
Suppose you wanted to argue on RF....you couldn't!
You'd be stuck trying to amuse yourself there.
I would love to be able to enjoy the nature without the pip pip from the phone (you got a new message) or to be so addicted to Rf that I must check the phone a million times a day....

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I think downgrading to whatever is a good idea. Mobile phones are getting costlier and costlier (I think, I do not have one and do not know how to operate them, although there are plenty of them in the house-hold, my son is employed with a Japanese firm which sells them) with many facilities which we never use.
Yeah, they are like most computers. Have a lot of stuff on them that you really don't want and probably never use.

anna.

but mostly it's the same

Any thoughts?

3G is going away next year. Make sure your phone operates at 4G or better.

Nimos

Any thoughts?
Nature... pfff.. :)

Weren't one of the reasons for the internet so we could look at this... Green stuff.. without getting near it and without any effort? :D

Honestly I hardly use mine, most of the time I forget it. Remember back when people have to call you when you were actually home?

Or when you choose to meet with someone in person and the moment the phone rings, they pick it up and spend time on some random smuck, that didn't bother to meet up? :)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Any thoughts?
I never use my phone for internet. When I'm out, I'm out to enjoy the world around me. I can live without the internet for comfortably long stretches.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I never use my phone for internet. When I'm out, I'm out to enjoy the world around me. I can live without the internet for comfortably long stretches.
I am thinking of making a project for my self and I will call it.

"What can I live without when it comes to daily life"

The project will hopefully show me what I can remove from my life in form of digital gadgets, unused objects I still own. And see If i am able to safely live with a minimum of objects in my life.

What I will be needing is of course food, some money, and clothes. But what else would I be able to remove myself away from.

If i realize after a short time, i can not remove it from my life, i will take it back so i can live safely and still be a minimalist :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Any thoughts?
That's a great idea. Many people are doing the same. Definitely better for your health. There's really no reason to be on a computer at all times, as that's what smartphones are - computers.