• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dove "Whitewashes" a Black Woman...

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I find it interesting you put cultural history on that list. How can one not identify with one's own culture? Do you consider yourself without a culture?
  • When I hear Christmas music right after Halloween.

• When all the pyros come out around the 4th of July.

• "Columbus Day."

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Which is why I doubt that the gigantic corporation that makes and markets Dove brand is as clueless as @Revoltingest thinks it is. A percent or two in monthly sales is millions of dollars to Unilever, and I am confident that some seriously sophisticated thought and planning resulted in that ad campaign. Unilever decided that the demographic likely to choose Dove brand aren't SJW snowflakes.
Tom

My guess is that most people probably don't care much about the ad itself. Those who regularly use Dove soap and buy it probably won't be swayed to not buy it due to the ad, except for maybe a few who might "boycott" it for a month or two. But the public has a short memory and this will be forgotten.