• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doubt and why it can blind to the right path.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Love can make you see many worlds beyond this one, it's not overrated, when it sees by eyes of truth, whole new dimensions open up. Light of God starts as a star in the dark night of the soul, but must believed in, it won't stay dim though, if you focus on it. It will be brighter then the sun one day if you focus on the light in your soul.
Love can mislead too.
And instill unwarranted certainty.
Doesn't look reliable to me.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a conclusion reached from premises using logic.
The problem....
It's only as true as the premises....a priori, eh.

You do a bring a good point. Without objective value, by definition though, God would be an illusion and unreal since he is defined to be the most valuable being.

So properly basic knowledge is going to come down to some of the premises. You can't ever keep going in a chain of proving things, at one point, you have to stop. It has to stop at an axiom at the end.

I believe objective value is an axiom we know though. I can only remind of how much we rely on it being something we know, but can't prove it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Love can mislead too.
And instill unwarranted certainty.
Doesn't look reliable to me.

Maybe, to you. To me love has two ways and two paths. One from the vision of the Guide and righthand companion of the journey of the soul, the other from the misleading companion who is an idiot thinking he is your guardian angel and thinks they are guided while they misguide you. It maybe you caught between this and that, and hence, it has not lead you to certainty.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You do a bring a good point. Without objective value, by definition though, God would be an illusion and unreal since he is defined to be the most valuable being.

So properly basic knowledge is going to come down to some of the premises. You can't ever keep going in a chain of proving things, at one point, you have to stop. It has to stop at an axiom at the end.

I believe objective value is an axiom we know though. I can only remind of how much we rely on it being something we know, but can't prove it.
I'm comfortable not knowing anything from
which the existence of gods can be reasoned.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm comfortable not knowing anything from
which the existence of gods can be reasoned.

But do you not know there is objective worth/value to human beings? Is this really true? Deep down inside, what do you really know?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How do you see reliable?
I don't. I think/feel it.
Feelings can lead an individual to any belief, eg, different numbers
of gods, different values of gods, different prescriptions, different
proscriptions. It might feel cromulent, but to an outside objective
observer, one sees vastly disparate results which cannot be
simultaneously true.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe, to you. To me love has two ways and two paths. One from the vision of the Guide and righthand companion of the journey of the soul, the other from the misleading companion who is an idiot thinking he is your guardian angel and thinks they are guided while they misguide you. It maybe you caught between this and that, and hence, it has not lead you to certainty.
OK.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Feelings can lead an individual to any belief, eg, different numbers
of gods, different values of gods, different prescriptions, different
proscriptions. It might feel cromulent, but to an outside objective
observer, one sees vastly disparate results which cannot be
simultaneously true.

There are no true objective observer for all of the world. Objective in some cases is nothing but a belief just like god.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know any such thing.
I have values, but they're not "true".

I'm not saying otherwise, but can it be possible, it's because vision of love you have can be from the misleading companion which is based on illusion? If you saw the value/light from God's leader eyes in you, perhaps you would not doubt?

If this is the case, what do you think should be done? Just give up and let it be?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not saying otherwise, but can it be possible, it's because vision of love you have can be from the misleading companion which is based on illusion? If you saw the value/light from God's leader eyes in you, perhaps you would not doubt?

If this is the case, what do you think should be done? Just give up and let it be?
What should be done?
I continue to ponder things without certainty.