• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Double Minded

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hard to know without knowing the particular circumstances you are thinking of.
tribalism would be an instance of double mindedness. or the idea that one's religion is worse/better than another self's religion.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, mind is a hypocritical buddy :)
can be, when self has a rule and discriminately applies it to some and not others. in other words it's ok for self and self's but not for another as self.

this is double mindedness, hypocrisy

Brian2

Veteran Member
tribalism would be an instance of double mindedness. or the idea that one's religion is worse/better than another self's religion.

I don't know what you mean by "another self's religion". Other people are other people and are not me.
I have made up my mind about what is true when it comes to religion and so other "truths" are always wrong from that perspective.
I guess that means I am not double minded about these things. The double mindedness may be just you and may be caused by whatever beliefs/religion you see as being true..