• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doses of reality by Deidre

Deidre

Do you know why you get them?
Usually if I'm dehydrated after a workout. And yesterday, was a really hot sunny day, so maybe that? I thought I drank a lot of water though. Hardly get them, but that's usually the reason when I do. It's going away now, FINALLY. :)

Did you have a good day?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Usually if I'm dehydrated after a workout. And yesterday, was a really hot sunny day, so maybe that? I thought I drank a lot of water though. Hardly get them, but that's usually the reason when I do. It's going away now, FINALLY. :)

Did you have a good day?

Yeah it was Eid. It was good, brothers came over, was an awesome day. I was about to say drink a lot of water, because I use to get them. And it stopped when I payed attention to hydration but you already know what's up!

Deidre

Yeah it was Eid. It was good, brothers came over, was an awesome day. I was about to say drink a lot of water, because I use to get them. And it stopped when I payed attention to hydration but you already know what's up!

YqVTYZi.jpg

Deidre

I think it's day seven?

Worked a bit today (I wasn't working but now working part time), and spent time with friends. Rain is hanging in the air, but never falling. Reading about all the people over the long weekend refusing to wear masks or social distance. Trump is right there supporting them. Doesn't he realize that there are many Americans who lack health insurance? Idk, I'm so tired of anti-safety people, anymore. And they're so filled with hate, it's really strange.

Going to read a little, and get some sleep. Had friends over yesterday and while it was fun, I'm feeling hung over. :sleepy:

Deidre

I really need to get better at keeping up with my journal. Lol

So much to share - from returning to work after a brief hiatus, to reading new books, to deepening my faith to falling more in love with Jesus. Covid revealed so much to me, and I’m hopeful that people haven’t wasted their quarantines - quiet solitude can bring a lot more answers than constant busy-ness and noise. :heart:

Deidre

Ah, one month later, and here I am again. Better late than never as they say.

I've been really busy these days. Work bounced back after a brief lay off due to Covid, and things are going great. Better than I'd have expected. My heart goes out to anyone who is still laid off, or has had a dramatic cut in pay due to this pandemic. What a whirlwind of a year, eh? I had such a different plan for 2020 but my faith has deepened, and for that, I'm eternally grateful to God. The curve balls are what make us stronger. But, there were so many curve balls this year, weren't there. I don't know why, but I pray that if you're reading this, you're doing fine. You're venturing out with your mask, and feeling the breeze on most of your face. The world is still a beautiful place, despite all that has transpired.

But, it still has a lot of ugliness, and we can all do our part to make it a better place to live.

I'll try not to let another month pass by without posting in here. If you're reading this, you're the best. No really, you are...because it makes me happy to connect even in this small way with a stranger somewhere far away (or close, we could be neighbors for all we know lol) :heart:

Deidre

Another Monday. Not really my favorite day of the week. It stings coming off the weekend, I guess. But, I work from home now, which is pretty great. Mondays aren't that awful when you don't have to bother with a long commute. I used to listen to podcasts and such, when I commuted to work a couple of years ago. The time flew by, and I felt more at peace when stepping into the office.

It rained a lot today. Like all day, and it's been this way for days, now. I like the rain, though. It makes me feel comforted for some reason. Like this shield around my house is forming, and I'm not forced to go anywhere. I can stay inside and not feel guilty about it.

Bought some African shea butter today, and wow...it's so soothing and moisturizing. I like moisturizers after my shower, and this one was not only inexpensive, but really drenches your skin. After shaving one's legs, a good moisturizer is a must. Probably too much information, so we'll leave my journal at that.

Hope you had a great Monday. :sunflower:

Deidre

My husband suggested the other day, that we volunteer at a homeless shelter or food bank. I would love to do something like this. Has anyone here ever volunteered with their significant other, in terms of non-profit work?

If so, I'd like to hear how you both planned it, did you always go together?

Deidre

Wednesday. The day that feels like you're sitting stagnated at the top of a roller coaster track, and you know what is to come is thrilling. Thursday...then Friday. And then a long three day weekend. This is coming from someone who doesn't really like roller coasters too much, but they work well for metaphors.

I've been avoiding the news lately. I've been busy with work and life, but I don't know what to believe anymore. Who to believe. I tend to watch news anchors that resonate with me, and that can mean many things. Shallow things. Like maybe I like someone's make up or hairstyle...so I'll listen in. Or a guy with a certain voice. This is pathetic, isn't it? But, I'm just being honest. Words coming out of mouths, just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps, I need to like how someone looks...not aesthetically speaking, but that they appear trustworthy or modest. Female anchors on CNN resonate by far more with me, than those on Fox News. I'm not into bright colored dresses, and dressing up women as Barbie dolls to give the news. That station seems sexist, I don't know.

h1LmTVJ.jpg

Isn't that so fitting for us all here at RF?

:sunflower:

Deidre

I had to go six pages back to find my journal. I really should get better at keeping a diary. lol

I've been so busy, working, getting ready for the holidays. My husband and I are just planning to stay home, with minimal visitors due to Covid.

I'm missing my grandmother. Every holiday, I miss her. I miss her outside of holidays, too, but she made the holidays very special for everyone. She was a light in a dark world...and brightened up everyone's day. But, she wasn't sappy...she could be hardcore, tell it like it is, too. I needed that at times. I wish she could have seen my married life...she wanted to be a part of that.

I just finished reading the New Testament. It took me nearly this entire year, with a few starts and stops, but I wanted to take it slow, and study it, as opposed to reading it like a novel. The Bible doesn't really read like a novel, but I've come away learning that the Apostles were some strong bad asses. lol They really paved the way for all believers to follow, and it's humbling to know that they cared that much about the future of Jesus' message.

Next up...the OT.

Deidre

Belated holiday wishes for all! :sunflower:

My poor little journal, left abandoned and neglected. It's been a busier vacation break than anticipated, which isn't bad, but today...I plan to just relax. The worst thing ever is going back to work, after a long holiday break...unrested.

Tomorrow is NY's Eve...what a crazy year, eh? I'm grateful for so much, and feel guilty in a way, when I hear horror stories of how Covid has affected so many lives. It definitely affected mine, as I was laid off for a brief time, but I've been back to work for the past few months, and feel thankful. My heart breaks for those who have lost loved ones to this virus. It's surreal, and sad...and I'm not sure if we'll really feel relief as a society, early on in 2021. We humans have this tendency to think that turning the page of a calendar means that all the bad things that happened in yesteryear, will be wiped away. A fresh slate will be had, and all will be well in the world. Unfortunately, I don't see us ever returning to ''normal''...whatever that even was. But, I hope that we can find peace and joy, despite the chaos. Our circumstances shouldn't dictate the quality of our lives, we have to find the beauty, even in a dark tunnel.

Planning to work out today, I've taken to my garage, and hubby and I have found workouts to do together. There are weird silver linings that have been revealed to me during this pandemic, so there's that.

Wherever you are, I'm throwing out good wishes your way! :heart:

Deidre

Can't believe the last time I've posted an entry was before the holidays last year?? I'm honestly not that busy. lol

Things have been good. Busy in some ways, I guess. I'm still married, which is a feat unto itself. I used to be a serial dater, ending relationships at the slightest slip. When I first joined this site, there was a chat box and some of us would lament about our dating woes. You know who you are, if you remember. But, I'm truly in love now with my hubby and we work through the slips when they arise. He's a pretty chill guy, and he has helped me to not be so anxious, and laugh at life's mishaps when they happen.

This past year has been surreal, right? It seems like I've been in a time capsule, because when we were all on lockdown here, life sort of stood still for a few months. Waiting for the next shoe to drop. I think we're coming out of this finally as a country, but it was a scary time for everyone. It saddens me though, all the division in the US. When Covid began, we all seemed to behave as though we were one family - a family of humans. We were all connected in some cosmic way. But, now it's back to corporate greed, making up for what they lost during Covid, and people arguing over parking spaces at grocery stores and being generally unkind. Of course, this isn't happening everywhere. There are a great many good people in this world, and I'm happy to know so many of them.

Anyway, it's nearing time for sleep, and I really need to keep up more with this journal. Drop me a note to let me know you're alive and well ...share with me what's been happening in your lives. :sunflower:

Deidre

Tomorrow, going to spend time helping a friend work on this homeless project. My heart goes out to the homeless. Any of us could be homeless, either by a series of unfortunate events all strung together, or just certain choices. I'm saddened when I hear people judge the homeless as if it's some far off disease...that they'll never catch. Or that they're better than them...as if somehow, the homeless deserve their lot in life. That's just not so.

Celebrated Father's day with my parents today. It was a really wonderful day...to think, there was a time not that long ago, when I stopped speaking to my dad. He's not an easy guy to love...but he has atoned for his mistakes from my childhood, and everyone deserves a second chance.

But, not a third one... :sob:

It was a good weekend, and I'm feel very blessed tonight. :sparkles:

Deidre

A tropical storm is approaching and hopefully, the lights and a/c won’t go out. I’m not near the beach so it shouldn’t be too bad inland. Always something to worry about. :persevere: