• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doritos to launch Gay Pride flag chips

Will you continue to buy Doritos

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Norman

Defender of Truth
What doesn't match reality? Homosexuality is not normal, it does not produce life. That is the ultimate goal of procreation

Norman: Hi Robert, just a thought, same-gender attraction did not exist in the pre-earth life and neither will it exist in the next life. It is a circumstance that for whatever reason or reasons seems to apply right now in mortality, in this nano-second of our eternal existence. You are correct, the whole purpose of a husband and wife is to procreate, simple as that. Adam and Eve = Children. If there is divorce, or a couple for some reason cannot have a baby (s) than there is an option to adopt. Whatever it is, it is a bundle of legal rights that belong and only belongs to traditional marriage. I believe that families are forever and the grave will not prevent that.

Norman

Defender of Truth
This is flat out false.
The overwhelming majority of AIDS victims are poor people in the 3rd world. Most are in Africa or of African descent. The huge majority are heterosexual.

This is all very well evidenced and the information is easily accessible to anybody with the internet.
Tom

Norman: Here are some facts for you in the country that you live in, read and digest.
HIV severely affects gay and bisexual men—more than any other group in the United States. Gay and bisexual men make up about 2% of the overall population, but account for approximately two-thirds of all new HIV infections each year. Data included in CDC’s 2013
National HIV Prevention Progress Report show that there was a 12% increase in new infections among gay and bisexual men overall between 2008 and 2010, and a 22% increase among young gay and bisexual men aged 13-24. Gay and bisexual men also account for over half of the 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States. A 2011 study in 20 U.S. cities found that 18% of gay or bisexual men had HIV. That’s about 1 in 6 men. Of these men, 33% did not know they had HIV. Those who are unaware that they have HIV may infect others without knowing it. Also, those who do not know they are HIV-positive are not able to get HIV treatment that can protect their health and reduce the chance of transmitting HIV to their partners.

Reference:

http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/HIV.htm

Norman

Defender of Truth
But there are consequences from it...is it not 'decent' to mention that it might not be a safe way of life...not natural?

Norman: Hi Robert, just more information to share with you.

While recognizing that the scientific understanding is incomplete and often distorted because of societal stigma, the American Psychiatric Association holds the following positions regarding same-sex attraction and associated issues. It is the American Psychiatric Association’s position that same-sex attraction, whether expressed in action, fantasy, or identity, implies no impairment per se in judgment, stability, reliability, or general social or vocational capabilities. The American Psychiatric Association believes That the causes of sexual orientation (whether homosexual or heterosexual) are not known at this time and likely are Multifactorial including biological and behavioral roots which may vary between different individuals and may even vary over time. The American Psychiatric Association does not believe that same-sex orientation should or needs to be changed, and efforts to do so represent a significant risk of harm by subjecting individuals to forms of treatment which have not been scientifically validated…

www.psychiatry.org/

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Why you can't look for the information yourself I don't know. Perhaps you are worried you will find it.
I'm sorry, but, not even understanding what you guys are debating here, this might be the most annoying comment ever. Can't you just answer the questions?

Norman

Defender of Truth
I bet he can't.
He acts as though this forum is his choir and we are simply to take all his bold empty claims on his word.

Norman: It is called debating, yes, his information should include references, citations and source.

Norman

Defender of Truth
Except you have not shown it to be not natural.

Norman: Except you have not proved that same sex attraction is natural? I have yet to see any conversation from you of research or mentioning both sides of an argument. You just piggy back on other peoples comments so you can stay in your safe zone of which I have seen this pattern of yours many times.

Norman

Defender of Truth
It's easy.
The human family would be better off if we shrank a bit, rather than continuing to grow. People having gay sex leads to that outcome.

Norman: So, maybe your Mother should have aborted you? You exist because your Mother and Father had a baby (s). I have heard this Cliché by a lot of gay people; wipe out the population so there are only more gay people on the earth. Since I see know source of your comment I would have to conclude that this is your mute opinion.

Unlike war, abortion, or starvation/ disease, homosex reduces population in a way that is voluntary and doesn't cause the suffering that normal population control does. It fulfills some basic human needs,

Norman: So, same sex attraction is the cure all social medicine of all society's ill's?

like intimacy and orgasm and family. It doesn't cause people to pop out babies that they can't really care for.

Norman: What is your resources or statistics on your comment? What proof do you have of couples having baby's that they can't care for? For once Tom can you
put some substance into your comments?

So homosex, overall, is more moral than heterosex.

Norman: What is your proof of this?

That wasn't true a thousand years ago, but it is now.
Tom

Norman: What was true a thousand years ago? What evidence that as you put it "but it is now"? If your going to do a comparison, where is both sides of the issue that you are presenting?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Norman: What was true a thousand years ago? What evidence that as you put it "but it is now"? If your going to do a comparison, where is both sides of the issue that you are presenting?

"The human family would be better off if we shrank a bit, rather than continuing to grow. People having gay sex leads to that outcome.

Unlike war, abortion, or starvation/ disease, homosex reduces population in a way that is voluntary and doesn't cause the suffering that normal population control does. It fulfills some basic human needs, like intimacy and orgasm and family. It doesn't cause people to pop out babies that they can't really care for.
So homosex, overall, is more moral than heterosex. That wasn't true a thousand years ago, but it is now."

That is the rest of my post.

A thousand years ago the human race was a small fraction of the current numbers.
If you still have questions, let me know.
Tom

Norman

Defender of Truth
Fortunately, more and more people are taking a serious look at the sort of arguments that folks like you and @Norman are presenting. They are seeing through them to the truth.

Norman: That is good Tom that people are looking more and more into my post's and Robert's post's, because the truth is what they are seeing. Myself and Robert debate, that is something that you have not been able to do. You can go on-line and you can find tutorials to teach yourself on how to debate. So, who are the more and more people that you stated are seriously looking at our arguments, so I can thank them?

As a result the world is improving and you can't stop it.
Tom

Norman: What result? How is this result helping the world to improve? What am I trying to stop?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
@Norman:[quote So, maybe your Mother should have aborted you? You exist because your Mother and Father had a baby (s). I have heard this Cliché by a lot of gay people; wipe out the population so there are only more gay people on the earth. Since I see know source of your comment I would have to conclude that this is your mute opinion. [/quote]
My parents didn't have a baby, at least not me. Biomom and biodad threw me away. My parents wanted me enough to jump through hoops and write checks and stuff.

How about you read what I write instead of talking about my" mute opinion", whatever that is.

Tom

Norman

Defender of Truth
""The human family would be better off if we shrank a bit, rather than continuing to grow. People having gay sex leads to that outcome.

Unlike war, abortion, or starvation/ disease, homosex reduces population in a way that is voluntary and doesn't cause the suffering that normal population control does. It fulfills some basic human needs, like intimacy and orgasm and family. It doesn't cause people to pop out babies that they can't really care for.
So homosex, overall, is more moral than heterosex. That wasn't true a thousand years ago, but it is now."

That is the rest of my post.

A thousand years ago the human race was a small fraction of the current numbers.
If you still have questions, let me know.
Tom

Norman: Did you realize that you just copied and pasted your OP 169? Please respond to my responses in your OP 169?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Norman: Hi Robert, a lot of people in this thread are way off the OP, so I thought I would share just a little back ground of myself from me to you. I was a lawyer for years and am now retired from that. I was a Jew before I Joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. You may know this already that people call us "Mormons" because of the Book of Mormon that we believe is other holy writ that testifies of Jesus Christ. I have a beautiful wife who lost her right leg, six years into our marriage. We have a beautiful daughter who was born with Down's Syndrome, she is ours biologically. We have a very handsome and beautiful Son that we adopted when he was a day old. He was born with fragile-X-Syndrome. bipolar and autistic. I would not change all three for all the gold in the world. My family is the air that I breath. I have respect and will defend all religions and I hope to build bridges of understanding to continue to protect religious freedom and traditional marriage. I hope to have many conversations with you and to work with you on the great RF. This is an awesome forum, best on the web.
You speak well Sir! I hope you and your family do well. :)

Robert.Evans

I'm sorry, but, not even understanding what you guys are debating here, this might be the most annoying comment ever. Can't you just answer the questions?
haha.... he doesn't want answers. When you give them, which I have, he finds some other excuse. From him, and others, I have had the excuse that the dictionary I used was out of date, the link was to a blog (even though it wasn't, it was to a book with cited works) So what is the point? If he is interested he would find it. I answered it at the beginning and many times thus

Robert.Evans

Norman: Except you have not proved that same sex attraction is natural? I have yet to see any conversation from you of research or mentioning both sides of an argument. You just piggy back on other peoples comments so you can stay in your safe zone of which I have seen this pattern of yours many times.
Now you have put that far better than I !