• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Worry. We've Got Your Back Donny. The 38% Speak

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The republican party has been pandering to racists, misogynists, and bigots of all sorts for decades because they can't win elections pandering solely to the wealthy elite that they actually represent. And this core group of bigots has become what's called the "republican base". They are not the totality of republican voters, but they are the block that the republicans must pander to, to win elections. (Even then, they still have gerrymander, slander, lie, and cheat any way they can, to win.) This bigot-block of voters like Trump because he talks and behaves like them. He is their bigot mascot. And because the republican party needs them to win elections, the republican party then has to support Trump even though he's an embarrassment to the party, to the nation, and to reasonable humans everywhere.

That would make
Chairman Mao shed a tear .

PureX

Veteran Member
Yeah....about that....if you dialed back the venom, &
made it more about the issues than the people you hate,
it would come across as less fanatically partisan,
There was no "venom". Life is what it is. People are what they are. I don't hate anyone. It'd be like hating the weather.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There was no "venom". Life is what it is. People are what they are. I don't hate anyone. It'd be like hating the weather.
I recall my father saying extreme & hurtful things to others.
He justified by saying, "Well, it's true."
Many things are believed.
We needn't say everything we believe.
Some are facts, & some are opinion.
He didn't know the difference.
And he never thought of how he came across
or the effect he had in exclaiming his 'truth'.
This is worth considering.

PureX

Veteran Member
I recall my father saying extreme & hurtful things to others.
He justified by saying, "Well, it's true."
Many things are believed.
We needn't say everything we believe.
Some are facts, & some are opinion.
He didn't know the difference.
And he never thought of how he came across
or the effect he had in exclaiming his 'truth'.
This is worth considering.
A lot of people are WILLFULLY ignorant. And because they have adopted this practice, they have become agents of chaos, and pain, within the society of humans in which they live. So I am not particularly concerned about their feelings getting hurt because I told them how it is, as opposed to how they are choosing to pretend it is. I am not TRYING to hurt anyone. But I AM trying to present the facts of reality as they are, because we can't change them until we can acknowledge them and we can't acknowledge them while practicing willful ignorance. This practice of willful ignorance is the single greatest problem facing humanity, and especially this country, today. It's going to destroy us as a nation if we don't get it under control. And especially if we don't STOP pandering to it in politics, in the media, in the churches, and in ourselves.

If someone has a reasonable objection to my view of reality, then they should be able to articulate it clearly and reasonably. But pouting and name-calling and saying, "Nut-huh, YOU are!" isn't going to illuminate anyone. Least of all, me.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
A lot of people are WILLFULLY ignorant. And because they have adopted this practice, they have become agents of chaos, and pain, within the society of humans in which they live. So I am not particularly concerned about their feelings getting hurt because I told them how it is, as opposed to how they are choosing to pretend it is. I am not TRYING to hurt anyone. But I AM trying to present the facts of reality as they are, because we can't change them until we can acknowledge them and we can't acknowledge them while practicing willful ignorance. This practice of willful ignorance is the single greatest problem facing humanity, and especially this country, today. It's going to destroy us as a nation if we don't get it under control. And especially if we don't STOP pandering to it in politics, in the media, in the churches, and in ourselves.

If someone has a reasonable objection to my view of reality, then they should be able to articulate it clearly and reasonably. But pouting and name-calling and saying, "Nut-huh, YOU did!" isn't going to illuminate anyone. Least of all, me.

Kind of hard to articulate a counter point to anyone's
opinion.
https://www.google.com/search?q=tha..._AUICigB&biw=851&bih=481#imgrc=Pe3Cfy67WlqKcM:

Audie

Veteran Member
It's only hard when you've convinced yourself that reality is just another "opinion".

You are so close!! Just reverse a couple of words.
You are convinced that your opinion is reality.
Dont deny it; it is in your post.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If someone has a reasonable objection to my view of reality, then they should be able to articulate it clearly and reasonably. But pouting and name-calling and saying, "Nut-huh, YOU are!" isn't going to illuminate anyone. Least of all, me.
Too bad my irony meter picture won't appear.

tytlyf

Not Religious
What is your point? The pure one said something
that led me to ask if me meant all republican voters.
He said no, tho it was deeply embedded in a bit of a
rant.

"Proof", of what?
Proof that the republican elitists target their evangelical conservative base with dog whistles and southern strategy techniques. Russia targeted these same people.

Audie

Veteran Member
Proof that the republican elitists target their evangelical conservative base with dog whistles and southern strategy techniques. Russia targeted these same people.

Nothing new about base and ignoble means used to get
votes. Sometimes maybe some parties get ahead
of the other by sinking lower, but an equilibrium always
gets established.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Nothing new about base and ignoble means used to get
votes. Sometimes maybe some parties get ahead
of the other by sinking lower, but an equilibrium always
gets established.
People voting based on lies and conspiracy theories is dangerous