• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't trust Trumps COVID-19 disease stats

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The liar and honorless Trump has demanded that all COVID-19 reports don't go to the agency that deals with them the CDC but to his office. Given his lying and dishonor, I no longer will trust the reports because I'm sure he will have them diddled just like dictators do to reflect the party line. Dictators and dictator-wannabes like Trump hate the truth.

Coronavirus hospital data will now be sent to Trump administration instead of CDC - CNNPolitics
i saw this and its extremely disconcerting. i think it's time congress and the senate stepped in.

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
You mean like, "It's a miracle!! It's a miracle and only I could do it. I told you Covid-19 would disappear!"

Daemon Sophic

The liar and honorless Trump has demanded that all COVID-19 reports don't go to the agency that deals with them the CDC but to his office. Given his lying and dishonor, I no longer will trust the reports because I'm sure he will have them diddled just like dictators do to reflect the party line. Dictators and dictator-wannabes like Trump hate the truth.

Coronavirus hospital data will now be sent to Trump administration instead of CDC - CNNPolitics
Oh good lord! People’s lives depend upon good/accurate statistics presented in a timely fashion. His involvement is an obvious and direct conflict of interest, like so many other things, and it serves zero purpose other than to allow him to alter the data.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Got to be fake news. How's the Fed going to be telling local hospitals what to do?

OIC, the CDC is part of the FED. Seems a bit elaborate since they could tell the CDC what to do anyway. I suppose the WH doesn't trust the leadership of the CDC. They ought to just change the leadership/management if they are that worried about it.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Franklin Veaux's answer to How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down the United States? - Quora

By the way recently encountered this. This writer has put together a lot of info about what kinds of problems you can get from the virus even if you don't die. It can do things like make holes in your lungs and weaken your nervous system.

I have not checked all of the facts, but it got a list of resources for more info.
Hence why I still stay home and will not be rejoining the workforce in public. I have enough **** wrong with me as it is, I'm already holding off on filing for disabilities (I have a letter for it from my doctor), if I'm not willing to die for it I'm not going out for it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
i think it's time congress and the senate stepped in.
McConnell will still support Trump, so going through the Senate is a dead-end approach I'm afraid. The Trump administration obviously took good notes in their Fascism 101 course.

The states keep their own records, so it will be hard for the Trump administration to bury all the stats that they don't like.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Worse than Trump lying are the people (rich elite) in the USA who "want" to have Trump to be President, so that they can continue with their lies also.

ecco

Veteran Member
The liar and honorless Trump has demanded that all COVID-19 reports don't go to the agency that deals with them the CDC but to his office.

I was really upset about this, but not surprised. First, he got rid of Fauci. In this case, Trump is taking guidence from Florida Gov DeSantis.

7,000 Floridians hospitalized with COVID-19; state finally releases data by county
Up to now, Florida has been one of only three states to withhold current COVID-19 hospitalization data from the public. Experts have criticized the state for not releasing the data, which is a valuable metric for epidemiologists and researchers in assessing the spread of the disease. Hospitalizations provide a glimpse of what was happening two weeks ago when people were being exposed to the virus.​
I am also of the opinion that the Trump administration is fudging economic and employment numbers.

It makes no sense that, with the immense impact COVID has had on the entertainment, travel, and retail industries, that the DOW is only down 3000 points from ~ 29,000 to ~26,000 (~10%).

ETA: It also scares me that when Biden's people take over, the fraud will come to light. Then the economic s... will really hit the fan. Even if Trump stays in office, he won't be able to hide the truth much longer.

Daemon Sophic

I was really upset about this, but not surprised. First, he got rid of Fauci. In this case, Trump is taking guidence from Florida Gov DeSantis.

7,000 Floridians hospitalized with COVID-19; state finally releases data by county
Up to now, Florida has been one of only three states to withhold current COVID-19 hospitalization data from the public. Experts have criticized the state for not releasing the data, which is a valuable metric for epidemiologists and researchers in assessing the spread of the disease. Hospitalizations provide a glimpse of what was happening two weeks ago when people were being exposed to the virus.​
I am also of the opinion that the Trump administration is fudging economic and employment numbers.

It makes no sense that, with the immense impact COVID has had on the entertainment, travel, and retail industries, that the DOW is only down 3000 points from ~ 29,000 to ~26,000 (~10%).

ETA: It also scares me that when Biden's people take over, the fraud will come to light. Then the economic s... will really hit the fan. Even if Trump stays in office, he won't be able to hide the truth much longer.
That would not entirely suprise me. For years the GOP and their propoganda outlets have claimed the Dems did this in 2007, and through the Obama years. :rolleyes:
One thing about Hannity, Fox, Limbaugh, etc....is that whatever their latest claim is that the Dems are doing X....Its a given that the only people doing X are Repubs.:confused:
tRump has always been their bullhorn schill, mainly because he actually believes their crap. So he likely thinks it is normal and fair for a POTUS to change, alter, tweak the data to make the POTUS look better. :(:mad::(

I wonder how many years it will take to repair the damage done to our once-great nation after tRump is ousted. :oops:

Mitty

Should the incoherent Grumpy Trumpy be removed using the 25th amendment or just wait to see how many of the 538 voters decide to vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell?
The 45 most incoherent lines from Donald Trump's rambling Rose Garden speech - CNNPolitics

exchemist

Veteran Member
Franklin Veaux's answer to How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down the United States? - Quora

By the way recently encountered this. This writer has put together a lot of info about what kinds of problems you can get from the virus even if you don't die. It can do things like make holes in your lungs and weaken your nervous system.

I have not checked all of the facts, but it got a list of resources for more info.
Yup it certainly has a side effects that last a good while. I had it very mildly and yet I still have a metallic tase in my mouth and off-days when I fell really tired and unable to concentrate. It goes for the nerves, no question. And a lot of other things too, by all accounts.

Shaul

Premium Member

The data won’t go to Trump’s office. It will go the the Department of Health and Human Services. That is the Department that runs the CDC and other agencies. The change will streamline data collection. It will improve the accuracy and timeliness of the data or the CDC and many other agencies that need the data.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The data won’t go to Trump’s office. It will go the the Department of Health and Human Services. That is the Department that runs the CDC and other agencies. The change will streamline data collection. It will improve the accuracy and timeliness of the data or the CDC and many other agencies that need the data.
And if you believe that 'streamlining and improving the data collection' is the reason the decision was made then I have a bridge to sell you.

This is a clear case of Trump decreasing the degree of separation between himself and his appointed staff and the data collection. Trump wants to control the data, and has been undermining and politicizing the science from the get go. Something no other president has done. He doesn't care about accuracy. He cares about what makes him look good, and has not made it a secret.

ecco

Veteran Member

It's so sad that you really believe what you are saying. You must know by now that Trump is a pathological liar, yet you continue to believe his equine feces.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This is a clear case of Trump decreasing the degree of separation between himself and his appointed staff and the data collection. Trump wants to control the data, and has been undermining and politicizing the science from the get go. Something no other president has done. He doesn't care about accuracy. He cares about what makes him look good, and has not made it a secret.
Logically correct, as the CDC has long handled this as an independent agency that partisan politics has not historically welcomed in.

Trump & Co are doing what autocratic governments historically did, and one important area is to try and control the media and "the message" as much as possible. Remember Goebbel's comment about the "big lie", as an example.

I was talking with a friend of mine who lives in a settlement in the W.B. in Israel a couple of hours ago, and she cites much the same complaint about Netanyahu and the Likud. I offered to send her Trump to "solve the problem";), but for some reason she turned me down.:D

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't believe it because I know what Trump does. You've repeated the Trump party line and I know he's without honor and lies all the time.

I'm glad that Johns Hopkins data won't be subject to the current regime's distortions from what I've read.

We need honest reporting and the one thing for sure is that Trump and everything he touches is all about lying for political purposes and his ego.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
McConnell will still support Trump, so going through the Senate is a dead-end approach I'm afraid. The Trump administration obviously took good notes in their Fascism 101 course.

The states keep their own records, so it will be hard for the Trump administration to bury all the stats that they don't like.
The one very good thing about Trump's presidency is we have seen were it really is especially difficult to just take over here. The way Trump has been balked and challenged, it hasn't always ended favorably but we know even a determined dictator will run into many obstacles and barriers Trump has. Such, if he doesnt win this election we know he is out. If he does win, he is out in 2024 regardless. Legal and Constitutional experts have looked at it, come January 2021/25, Trump doesn't have to go home but he cant stay in the White House.