• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Tread On Me.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh I saw this earlier online. I don’t know whether to be saddened for her relatives or smug at the self owning irony

upload_2021-1-10_16-43-30.gif

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There is something timelessly human about her and her fate.

Perhaps if we cannot see even a little of ourselves in her, it's time to take a wee break from our polarized media and internet echo-chambers. They tend to dehumanize people.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Irony meter protection warning!

One of the rioters that died was trampled to death. She was carrying a flag:

Pro-Trump Terrorist Trampled To Death In U.S. Capitol Was Carrying ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ Flag

"Irony: Rosanne Boyland, one of the pro-Trump terrorists who stormed the U.S. Capitol was trampled to death while carrying the iconic “Don’t Tread On Me” Gadsden flag."
My neighbor claims it is a prophecy for how successful Trumps attempted coup will end...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Before, I never understood the 'Don't Tread On Me' slogan. I thought it was a small creature being like 'I'm tiny, watch! Please don't tread on me!' Then I realised it's meant to be some kind of threat, possibly linked to the Biblical story where G-d says man will crush the serpent's head - why would you align with the serpent? Why would you pick that symbol?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Before, I never understood the 'Don't Tread On Me' slogan. I thought it was a small creature being like 'I'm tiny, watch! Please don't tread on me!' Then I realised it's meant to be some kind of threat, possibly linked to the Biblical story where G-d says man will crush the serpent's head - why would you align with the serpent? Why would you pick that symbol?

Good question. I'm not sure I fully understand the symbol either since I've never actually studied it. But I've heard that rattlesnakes reflexively and inevitablely strike when stepped on. So I think part of the symbol's meaning might be something along the lines of "attack me, and you're sure to get counter-attacked."

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Makes sense your analogy with the Bible, and strange why someone aligns with the serpent and would pick that symbol
Serpent stands for Satan. I always said Trump is Anti Christ, so it makes sense to me that a Trump groopy picks that symbol

On the other hand, snake in Hinduism, is around the neck of Shiva (as cobras)
I once prayed for Shiva to show Himself to me, after 21 minutes a cobra appeared for real:eek::eek::eek:
Now it's more than 10 years ago, next time I will specify the Form I prefer Him to appear to me though;)

So, maybe this Trump supporter was not so much into the usual Christianity devotion

Audie

Veteran Member
Makes sense your analogy with the Bible, and strange why someone aligns with the serpent and would pick that symbol
Serpent stands for Satan. I always said Trump is Anti Christ, so it makes sense to me that a Trump groopy picks that symbol

On the other hand, snake in Hinduism, is around the neck of Shiva (as cobras)
I once prayed for Shiva to show Himself to me, after 21 minutes a cobra appeared for real:eek::eek::eek:
Now it's more than 10 years ago, next time I will specify the Form I prefer Him to appear to me though;)

So, maybe this Trump supporter was not so much into the usual Christianity devotion

Where were you that a cobra would
appear.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

stvdv

Where were you that a cobra would
appear.
:D

I was in India, in Puttaparthi, the Ashram of Sai Baba. Sitting in a garden, luckily on a stone, so there was still ca. 1 meter in between us

And I agree, IF I would have been in Holland, locked up in my room, THEN it would have been a more freaking out miracle

Audie

Veteran Member
:D

I was in India, in Puttaparthi, the Ashram of Sai Baba. Sitting in a garden, luckily on a stone, so there was still ca. 1 meter in between us

And I agree, IF I would have been in Holland, locked up in my room, THEN it would have been a more freaking out miracle

Did it arrive after you? Please describe!

How did you know it was a cobra?

stvdv

Did it arrive after you? Please describe!
"arrive after" do you mean if the snake "came after" me? Like it was slithering around my body moving it's way upwards?

When I heard a sound and opened my eyes, first I froze and freaked out (inside only), and then slowly moved away out of it's reach, as quick as I could. I am not a snake charmer. I love animals, but snakes I find creepy, and I have fear they might bite me. I was very happy, I heard the sound. Imagine if it had been already halfway around my neck. But probably the snake discovered that I was not Shiva:D (I can laugh now, not when it happened).

How did you know it was a cobra?
It "looked like a cobra", it "moved like a cobra", but I did not wait to check if it "bites like a cobra":)

The man working in the garden confirmed it was a cobra; usually I like to "feel it myself", but in this case I took him on his word. I don't have a spider or snake phobia, but I must admit that these 2 animals, when poisonous, are not on my "To Do List (as in kissing them goodbye)"

The girl in this link is much braver than I am:oops:; she has no snake fear
My neighbor (also girl) used to take a shower with her pet alligator:eek::eek::eek:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

It is surpringly not a Biblical reference. It's uniquely American.

Don't Tread On Me.

Audie

Veteran Member
"arrive after" do you mean if the snake "came after" me? Like it was slithering around my body moving it's way upwards?

When I heard a sound and opened my eyes, first I froze and freaked out (inside only), and then slowly moved away out of it's reach, as quick as I could. I am not a snake charmer. I love animals, but snakes I find creepy, and I have fear they might bite me. I was very happy, I heard the sound. Imagine if it had been already halfway around my neck. But probably the snake discovered that I was not Shiva:D (I can laugh now, not when it happened).

It "looked like a cobra", it "moved like a cobra", but I did not wait to check if it "bites like a cobra":)

The man working in the garden confirmed it was a cobra; usually I like to "feel it myself", but in this case I took him on his word. I don't have a spider or snake phobia, but I must admit that these 2 animals, when poisonous, are not on my "To Do List (as in kissing them goodbye)"

The girl in this link is much braver than I am:oops:; she has no snake fear
My neighbor (also girl) used to take a shower with her pet alligator:eek::eek::eek:

So you heard it and a wise instinct told you,
look and leap!
I have kind of a 'thing" for snakes.

My up close like yours was at a little shtine on
a nature trail in Sai Kung. I did not see the snake at first, but found i had been sitting not metercaway from a large brown cobra,

I'd seen cobras many times before so no otob knowing what it was!

Snakey was very peaceful, so I was in no hurry to leave. If a person is not confident though!

For me it was magical.

I went back after a while, worried someone might kill it, but it was gone.

ecco

Veteran Member
Perhaps if we cannot see even a little of ourselves in her

I see nothing in her that resembles me in any way.
I don't believe in conspiracies.
I don't follow cult leaders with massive egos.
I am not prone to violence.​

it's time to take a wee break from our polarized media and internet echo-chambers. They tend to dehumanize people.

Trump dehumanizes people he dislikes or disrespects.
Remember his comments about his fellow candidates in 2016.
Remember him making fun of the autistic reporter.
Remember him bragging about grabbing pussies.
Remember him mocking John Mcain and the Gold Star family.
The only thing the media did was show his own actions. If that polarized his cultish followers, well, OK.

Audie

Veteran Member
I see nothing in her that resembles me in any way.
I don't believe in conspiracies.
I don't follow cult leaders with massive egos.
I am not prone to violence.​

Trump dehumanizes people he dislikes or disrespects.
Remember his comments about his fellow candidates in 2016.
Remember him making fun of the autistic reporter.
Remember him bragging about grabbing pussies.
Remember him mocking John Mcain and the Gold Star family.
The only thing the media did was show his own actions. If that polarized his cultish followers, well, OK.

Don't forget how he called Hillary supporters
" deplorables "