• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't settle for happiness?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
0538f80d632039a480865e303f557430.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/96194142022128750/

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A search for happiness challenge ...

https://www.purposefairy.com/66804/how-to-be-happy-the-10-day-happiness-challenge/

Includes -

Let go of anger, bitterness, hate or resentment as much as you can. Allow love to govern your mind, your heart and your life and allow peace to come to the surface once again.

I love the feeling I get every time I start to acknowledge the good that is already present in my life. We get so busy with our problems and so preoccupied with the many things that are missing from our lives that we forget to express our gratitude and appreciation for the many wonderful, people and things that we already present in our lives.

If you ask me, not too many people know how to be their own best friend. We are pretty good at being our own worst enemy but not so good at being our own best friend. The most important relationship you will ever have is the one with your beautiful and magnificent self and that is why you need to learn how to love and accept yourself fully.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
15 Things you should give up to be Happy

There are so many of us who can’t stand the idea of being wrong – wanting to always be right – even at the risk of ending great relationships or causing a great deal of stress and pain, for us and for others. It’s just not worth it. Whenever you feel the ‘urgent’ need to jump into a fight over who is right and who is wrong, ask yourself this question: “Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?” Wayne Dyer. What difference will that make? Is your ego really that big?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness is something nearly everyone wants more of. Perhaps we don’t feel it often enough or strongly enough, or it seems to slip through our fingers far too easily.

Many happiness seekers have read dozens of articles, yet they don’t feel much closer to creating the happiness they desire in their lives. If this sounds like you, don’t worry. Reading about the practices that increase happiness is a great first step. But the key that you may not have heard yet is this: To increase your happiness, you need a strategic plan for action.

Making a plan for optimizing happiness is more important than most people realize. But think about it: Would you bake a cake without a recipe? Would you fix your transmission without the car manual? Would you go on a journey into the wilderness without a map? We know, intuitively, that a plan or guide or map—some kind of tool—makes it much easier to effectively navigate new territory.

If long-term happiness is new territory for you, then you need some kind of plan that maps out a strategy for reaching your happiness goals.

Tchiki Davis

More at this location -

What Are Your Happiness Strengths and Weaknesses?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness depends to some extent upon external conditions, but chiefly upon conditions of the inner mind. If you have made up your mind to find joy within yourself, sooner or later you will find it. If you want to be sad, no one in the world can make you happy. But if you make up your mind to be happy, no one and nothing on earth can take that happiness from you.

Happiness comes, not by helplessly wishing for it, but by dreaming, thinking, and living it in all circumstances. Persons of strong character are usually the happiest. They do not blame others for troubles that can be traced to their own actions and lack of understanding. They know that no one has the power to add to their happiness or to take away from it, unless they themselves allow the adverse thoughts or wicked actions of others to affect them.

From this site -

https://www.ananda.org/heart-of-yogananda/yogananda-and-happiness/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From Surya Das -

Recently I was asked how I became involved in the happiness field, and what motivates me to help others. Although my memory can be taxing at times, I had no difficulty digging deeply into the beginnings of it all. Here is my answer:

Like most people, especially Baby Boomers–moi grew up to the tune of a song I call “What About Me?” by the Inner Voices. I probably got involved in the happiness field when my mother’s water broke, or even before, to begin my journey into the floating dewdrop sphere of this oh so sweet yet dream-like world. When my umbilicus was cut, it severed forever- or shouldn’t I say, more truthfully, severed temporarily– the oneness I no doubt experienced in the warm oceanly bliss of my mother’s amniotic fluid. And I entered squalling and squirming, a feeling I can still relate to– though I definitely feel less afflicted by such basic angst today.

More at his site -

How I Got Started In The Happiness Biz ‹ Lama Surya Das

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
No matter how happy someone may seem, they have moments when they question if they can go on. No matter how confident someone may look, there are times when they feel unsure and insecure. And no matter how strong someone may appear, they have days when they feel like they’re falling apart. Never think for a moment you’re alone with your struggles. You’re not a mess. You’re human.

Lori Deschene -

You’re not a mess. You’re human. - Tiny Buddha

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Realizing our potential, seeking balance and harmony in our deeds and being content in the most little things are the factors that prove to be an asset in order to be happy. If one person intensifies everything he is going through in his life, he might not be successful in achieving true happiness. We must believe in the fact that life offers us tough challenges and shortcomings, real difficult situations but what exactly is needed to be done at that moment is face these with a smile and take the challenge in the tenderest manner.

Articles on Happiness | BeAnInspirer.com

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
At each moment of the day, you make a decision, whether you realize it or not. It’s the result of your attitude towards life. And whatever it is—positive or negative—it affects all the events, people, relationships, and basically whatever it is that you encounter in your life.

So, if you’re living a complicated life with so many things to do and no time for yourself, it’s your fault.
If you have exactly what you’ve wanted and are thankful for it every day, you’re the one to blame.

If you’re surrounded by negative people, have a job you hate and can’t even sleep at night because of the many thoughts that pop up in your head constantly, no one else is responsible for that but you.

If you’re doing what you love, work hard but still find time for yourself and those you love, it’s due to a choice you’ve made at some point.

But there’s good news. Whatever your situation is, you can change it.

Comes from here =

If You're Looking for The Formula for Happiness, Read This.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
1. LEARN TO screw the “system.” The world tries to tell us to be sane and orderly. So, be vigorous and set a new norm, completely authentic to your inner self.

2. MASTER the ability to take any sadness in your heart and put that intense energy into helping others who may be struggling more than you – you’d be surprised, this helps! You are taking negative energy and exchanging it in for positively pure energy (PERK: it gets your mind off of things and your helping another soul)

More at this site -

15 Tips For Mastering Happiness

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We are lucky to live in a time when our brain is increasingly well understood. You can learn how to feel good by turning on your happy chemicals in new ways. No one can do this for you and you cannot do it for someone else. This chapter outlines specific suggestions for new roads to dopamine happiness, endorphin happiness, oxytocin happiness, and serotonin happiness.

The abundance of choices will help you find a path you can believe in. Then you can wire it into your brain by repeating it for forty-five days without fail. Once you’ve built a new habit based around ways to feel happier, you will be so pleased with your power over your brain that you will want to build another.

New Dopamine Habits

Here’s how to feel happier by increasing dopamine. Implementing the following habits are small ways to feel good on a short term and long term basis when practiced regularly.

Hacking Happiness: 13 Science Backed Ways to Feel Good Virtually All The Time

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
New thread?? -

Hope you're all enjoying your day!

Does anyone else have difficulty with self-acceptance?

Here's a quote I found just recently ...

"One of the reasons it's important to accept all aspects of yourself is that it allows you to be easier on yourself, more compassionate. When you act or feel insecure, rather than pretending to be "together," you can open to the truth and say to yourself, "I'm feeling a little frightened and that's okay."

If you're feeling a little jealous, greedy, or angry, rather than deny or bury your feelings, you can open up to them, which helps you move through them quickly and grow beyond them. When you no longer think of your negative feelings as a big deal, or as something to fear, you will no longer be as frightened by them. When you open to the totality of your being you no longer have to pretend that your life is perfect, or even hope that it will be. Instead you can accept yourself as you are, right now."

~ Richard Carlson

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

More on that theme -

quotes, quotations and passages on acceptance

There are at least 3 pages worth of advice - so that ought to keep you out-of-mischief for a little while. :)

All the best

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Enjoy the little things with children.

If you have children of your own, nieces and nephews, or friends’ kids to spend time with, take note of how children play.

They epitomize living in the moment and enjoying the small things. Young children engage fully in what they are doing.

Plus, they can be as happy playing with a newfangled electronic toy as they are playing with a box or some kitchen utensils. They can certainly teach us adults a thing or two.

https://liveboldandbloom.com/09/self-improvement/enjoying-the-small-things

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Emotional intelligence is a way of recognizing, understanding, and choosing how we think, feel, and act. It shapes our interactions with others and our understanding of ourselves. It defines how and what we learn; it allows us to set priorities; it determines the majority of our daily actions. — J. Freedman

Among all relationships, the best relationship is the one you have with yourself. No relationship can be healthy if you have a toxic relationship with yourself.

The Ultimate Guide To Emotional Intelligence To Be Happy And Successful In A Brain-Dead World

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness is one of the pillars of Emotional Intelligence. It’s really about being aware of oneself and one’s emotions, reflexively acting in harmony with those around you. We understand ourselves and in turn respect and understand others, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have the right to defend our needs. We act according to our feelings and our values.

To be happy, you don’t have to gather “things” or knowledge. The happiest people aren’t the ones who know or own the most, but rather the ones who have the most understanding and humility and who, in turn, know themselves best. If you don’t know your own limits, you’ll always try to surpass them. If you don’t know what you want, you’ll always be looking for something. If you don’t know how to appreciate what you have and who you are, you’ll always be frustrated. Is it worth it? Definitely not.

Self-awareness is a daily exercise that everyone should practice to better handle this complex world that presents us new challenges and tests us every day.

From the exploring your mind site -

Self Awareness: The Key to Happiness - Exploring your mind

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From a recent site -

Sylvia once said that she practices metta by just looking at a person and silently saying, "I love you." That's her well-wishing phrase! When she told this story, I thought "I can't do that." But I've tried it and I can. I've done it in the car. I've done it in the waiting room at the doctor's office. When I do, I feel genuine love for utter strangers. I see that we share this life with its joys and its sorrows, and we share this planet with its beauty and its troubles. The essence of metta practice is to engage all people regardless of whether we share the same world view. Of course, I have my "edges" (certain politicians), but that's why we practice. Sylvia says the best way to cultivate metta for someone with whom we vehemently disagree is to recognize that all beings, including that person, want to be happy.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...d/201107/4-qualities-mind-alleviate-suffering