• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't settle for happiness?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
1b1df190cab163800dc0d0a1106eb5de.jpg

Plenty more here -

The 12 Steps to Happiness That You Create (Infographic)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Our monthly Happiness Calendar is a day-by-day guide to well-being. It can help inject a bit of happiness into your everyday life with videos, articles, practices, podcasts, and other content from the Greater Good Science Center and beyond.

This April, we’re celebrating Earth Day and World Creativity and Innovation Day, along with offering tips to help you find connection, get creative, raise a strong girl, and take a break from your hectic life.

Your Happiness Calendar for April 2019

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For more than a decade, I've been exploring the best ways that people can live happily. And over the last year, I even wrote a book on happiness: Outsmart Your Smartphone: Conscious Tech Habits for Finding Happiness, Balance, and Connection IRL. Even though there are tons of things you can do to live a happier life, I've narrowed our focus down to the 10 skills you can build that I believe are the most important to increase happiness. By building these skills, you can start to live a happy life.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/int...ess/201901/10-skills-you-need-live-happy-life

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From Christine Carter -

I've blogged a lot about why parents' happiness is critical for children's happiness. But that raises the question of why we should even make happiness such a priority for kids in the first place. Any reader of this blog knows that, by the way I define happiness, I think it is critical for a meaningful life. But I realize that there are plenty of parents out there who see a meaningful life defined by accomplishments and success, not happiness and other positive emotions.

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/is_happiness_actually_important

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/happiness_greatest_hits

Many scientists use happiness interchangeably with “subjective well-being,” which they measure by simply asking people to report how satisfied they feel with their own lives and how much positive and negative emotion they’re experiencing. Leading researcher Sonja Lyubomirsky describes happiness more precisely as “the experience of joy, contentment, or positive well-being, combined with a sense that one’s life is good, meaningful, and worthwhile.” Here are some pieces that explore the nuances of happiness.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Nataly immigrated to the U.S. with her family when she was 13 years old and learned first hand that it’s possible to find small happy moments in even the most difficult of circumstances. Instead of chasing “The Big Happy” of future goals and achievements, Nataly wants to inspire people to stop saying “I’ll be happy when…” and start saying “I’m happier now because...”

Prior to Happier, Nataly held top positions at Manhattan-based firms McKinsey and Co. and Hudson Ventures; launched her own publishing company; wrote a book (The Daring Female’s Guide to Ecstatic Living, published by Hyperion in 2006); founded an online community for working mothers (Workitmom.com); worked at Microsoft’s state-of-the-art Future of Social Experiences Lab (FUSE), and became the Vice President of Consumer Experience at WHERE (which she helped sell to PayPal in 2011).

In addition to being a sought-after speaker, Nataly’s expert articles on gratitude, work-life balance, positive thinking, how to be happier at work, creativity, and stress relief have been published by Time.com, Inc.com, The Huffington Post, and many others.

Full article -

Nataly Kogan

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It feels great to receive a compliment. Research shows getting a sincere compliment gives us the same positive boost as receiving cash. The health and happiness benefits of the compliment giver are also well-documented. Compliments really are one of the easiest two-way streets available in terms of spreading happiness around you and increasing your own. The more you compliment, the better you feel. Here are a hundred ready-made compliments to try out for yourself.

Rest of the article -

100 Positivity-Boosting Compliments

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In honor of Earth Month and our new Social Good vertical, we’re celebrating 10 women who are changing our world for the better. These environmental activists work all over the globe, their offices spanning deep ocean trenches and arctic ice sheets. We hope that their accomplishments, their passion, and their fight for a better future for all of us inspires you to take some sort of action to help out the planet today.

10 Women Saving The Planet, In Honor Of Earth Month

Enjoy!