• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Know What To Classify Myself As.

July05, Ya'll are being wonderful, this turned into an excellent brain storm session and forced me to look up references I might not otherwise have done so. Much appreciated and keep it up! Thanks!

Don't know where I fit in. I'm old, 65 years old, semi-retired, married. A full European white male DNA according to Ancestry.com. Was married to an African_American woman who died from lung cancer and now married to a women of Puerto Rican Ancestry. Was raised, I believe, Secular. No mention of religion by my mother. When I was 31 years old she died from cancer and I read Huston Smith's book at which time I was struck by what seemed everyone believed in a single source of creation. But due to isolation of time and geography evolved religious material that included community bias and culture. And today they seem to recognize they all believe in the single source of creation, but are firm in that their religion is the only way to God. I see creation and source of creation through; Quantum Physics. I believe we were already conscious and come to this artificial universe for maybe a vacation from boring Eternity or to gain some form of elevation and personal growth. The source of creation could be our collection of consciousness or elder collective of consciousness's. I don't accept Christianity as Jesus was another failed Mashiach of the Abraham tradition. I don't accept Judaism as it seems to be a tribal faith which see's itself as special people of God. As well as it focus's too much on this artificial Universe and not on a true base existence in and of the Quantum Physics level. I don't agree with Islam final seal ideology. I used to be a member of the Baha'i faith and see it as the best course for the average person to get to the next level of religions. But left due to too much conflicting laws. Undoubtedly all religions have altered from their original conception. I firmly see we need to acknowledge we all come from the same and are actually apart of that now. And come together as one humanity working together to solve the issue of survival while here before the consciousness returns. PS: I recently posted this on FB; "
God For Dummies ( God = Source of Creation. )
God doesn't see your; religion's, nation's, cities, culture's, money, gender, sexual preference. God only sees your consciousness. As soon as you think your better than anyone in anyway. You immediately place distance between yourself and God.

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

Welcome to the forum @MichaelWillsey !
You sound like some form of deist. As you believe in God, but don’t adhere to any particular named religion, or left-hand path.

Meanwhile, as part of welcome to the forum, and as answer to any/all questions....have some chocolate.
Raw-Vegan-Chocolate-Truffles_663px-3.jpg

original.jpg

danieldemol

Premium Member
Don't know where I fit in. I'm old, 65 years old, semi-retired, married. A full European white male DNA according to Ancestry.com. Was married to an African_American woman who died from lung cancer and now married to a women of Puerto Rican Ancestry. Was raised, I believe, Secular. No mention of religion by my mother. When I was 31 years old she died from cancer and I read Huston Smith's book at which time I was struck by what seemed everyone believed in a single source of creation. But due to isolation of time and geography evolved religious material that included community bias and culture. And today they seem to recognize they all believe in the single source of creation, but are firm in that their religion is the only way to God. I see creation and source of creation through; Quantum Physics. I believe we were already conscious and come to this artificial universe for maybe a vacation from boring Eternity or to gain some form of elevation and personal growth. The source of creation could be our collection of consciousness or elder collective of consciousness's. I don't accept Christianity as Jesus was another failed Mashiach of the Abraham tradition. I don't accept Judaism as it seems to be a tribal faith which see's itself as special people of God. As well as it focus's too much on this artificial Universe and not on a true base existence in and of the Quantum Physics level. I don't agree with Islam final seal ideology. I used to be a member of the Baha'i faith and see it as the best course for the average person to get to the next level of religions. But left due to too much conflicting laws. Undoubtedly all religions have altered from their original conception. I firmly see we need to acknowledge we all come from the same and are actually apart of that now. And come together as one humanity working together to solve the issue of survival while here before the consciousness returns. PS: I recently posted this on FB; "
God doesn't see your; religion's, nation's, cities, culture's, money, gender, sexual preference. God only sees your consciousness. As soon as you think your better than anyone in anyway. You immediately place distance between yourself and God.
Welcome to RF :)
I don’t share all of your beliefs, but liberalism has no orthodoxy, so I just consider myself an Abrahamic liberal.

You are free to use the term Abrahamic liberal if you feel it suits your purposes.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

New Age.

-A bit of eastern thought but no connection to any traditional eastern religion.
-Quantum physics as part of your religion.
-Doesn't identify with any particular religious group.

Totally New Age.

Welcome to the forum @MichaelWillsey !
You sound like some form of deist. As you believe in God, but don’t adhere to any particular named religion, or left-hand path.

Meanwhile, as part of welcome to the forum, and as answer to any/all questions....have some chocolate.
Hi, thanks for reply, I don't believe in a God, not in any of the historical traditions of God. Here's what I wrote; "The source of creation could be our collection of consciousness or elder collective of consciousness's." This is based on Quantum Physics and what it is showing we are, and what we are transcends this holographic of nature Universe, we are here and there all at once, like particles which are entangled. Like the base quantum condition which seems to show an absolute unity. I once half halfheartedly mentioned we are a collection of consciousness's which through the power of our observation, concocted this Universe as a sort of participatory TV show. Where we connect to it for a vacation from eternity. The emotions of fear are as real as being caused from TV shows as fear from an oncoming car wreck.

Welcome to RF :)
I don’t share all of your beliefs, but liberalism has no orthodoxy, so I just consider myself an Abrahamic liberal.

You are free to use the term Abrahamic liberal if you feel it suits your purposes.

I've gotten to a point where I have indeed learned good things from all religions of the Abrahamic tradition and Eastern. But only see them as attempts by the many tribes around the Earth seeking comfort in death and as a sort of legal system to ease living with a broad range of mature and immature people. Scattered by time and geography. They all have evolved into something other than originally intended. In fact I feel we all have guilt and a conscious at birth to know right and wrong, which has been incorporated into religious text. Even if we don't follow our conscious. Primarily I've gotten more comfort regarding mortal death from reading layman quantum physics to show we a eternal always. I've also gotten much from reading Anita Moorjhani and Eben Alexander's books. What is difficult, yet I comprehend, that nothing that done or not done in this hologram is of any concern. As in all the dead actors getting up after the filming to continue their real lives.

New Age.

-A bit of eastern thought but no connection to any traditional eastern religion.
-Quantum physics as part of your religion.
-Doesn't identify with any particular religious group.

Totally New Age.

I looked it up, New Age; "Despite its highly eclectic nature, a number of beliefs commonly found within the New Age have been identified. Theologically, the New Age typically adopts a belief in a holistic form of divinity that imbues all of the universe, including human beings themselves. There is thus a strong emphasis on the spiritual authority of the self. This is accompanied by a common belief in a wide variety of semi-divine non-human entities, such as angels and masters, with whom humans can communicate, particularly through the form of channeling. Typically viewing human history as being divided into a series of distinct ages, a common New Age belief is that whereas once humanity lived in an age of great technological advancement and spiritual wisdom, it has entered a period of spiritual degeneracy, which will be remedied through the establishment of a coming Age of Aquarius, from which the milieu gets its name. There is also a strong focus on healing, particularly using forms of alternative medicine, and an emphasis on the notion that spirituality and science can be unified."

Wellll, I don't accept Spiritual, I do accept science, I don't put any emphasis on the Universe. Seeing it as a holographic invention, many seem Universe-centric and biological-centric but these to me are not real. the only thing real is the energy/waves that form them. I do appreciate the attempt though!! Especially don't envision angles nor masters. A rough analogy is the ocean water is one and the humidity/vapor of the atmosphere is a creation of the ocean water. The universe is a concoction of and from the quantum reality.

Eyes to See

Hello Michael. I'm not around much. But happened to be here tonight. So welcome! I'm pretty new myself to these forums. It's a pretty laid-back place.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I looked it up, New Age; "Despite its highly eclectic nature, a number of beliefs commonly found within the New Age have been identified. Theologically, the New Age typically adopts a belief in a holistic form of divinity that imbues all of the universe, including human beings themselves. There is thus a strong emphasis on the spiritual authority of the self. This is accompanied by a common belief in a wide variety of semi-divine non-human entities, such as angels and masters, with whom humans can communicate, particularly through the form of channeling. Typically viewing human history as being divided into a series of distinct ages, a common New Age belief is that whereas once humanity lived in an age of great technological advancement and spiritual wisdom, it has entered a period of spiritual degeneracy, which will be remedied through the establishment of a coming Age of Aquarius, from which the milieu gets its name. There is also a strong focus on healing, particularly using forms of alternative medicine, and an emphasis on the notion that spirituality and science can be unified."

Wellll, I don't accept Spiritual, I do accept science, I don't put any emphasis on the Universe. Seeing it as a holographic invention, many seem Universe-centric and biological-centric but these to me are not real. the only thing real is the energy/waves that form them. I do appreciate the attempt though!! Especially don't envision angles nor masters. A rough analogy is the ocean water is one and the humidity/vapor of the atmosphere is a creation of the ocean water. The universe is a concoction of and from the quantum reality.

You seem to be describing quantum mysticism to me. Which has been widely adopted by New Age thought.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Hi, thanks for reply, I don't believe in a God, not in any of the historical traditions of God. Here's what I wrote; "The source of creation could be our collection of consciousness or elder collective of consciousness's." This is based on Quantum Physics and what it is showing we are, and what we are transcends this holographic of nature Universe, we are here and there all at once, like particles which are entangled. Like the base quantum condition which seems to show an absolute unity. I once half halfheartedly mentioned we are a collection of consciousness's which through the power of our observation, concocted this Universe as a sort of participatory TV show. Where we connect to it for a vacation from eternity. The emotions of fear are as real as being caused from TV shows as fear from an oncoming car wreck.

Perhaps this (Quantum Entanglement) is why I have some (small) agnosticism concerning some creative force or God - but also down to my lack of any appropriate knowledge concerning physics - although nothing really persuades me towards any particular religious belief.

Anyway, welcome to RF.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
download.jpeg
Welcome to RF. Hope you enjoy the ride.

May i offer you a welcoming petite gateaux.

You seem to be describing quantum mysticism to me. Which has been widely adopted by New Age thought.
I had to wiki much, and would on first look say that's getting close. Although I don't agree with, 'Philosophy', the power of the mind to over pure science to determine matter. I've always felt that was a critical flaw of most human males. Philosophy can be beneficial for Brain Storming, but must be followed up with scientific study to show an ideas validity. But this is close, I look strictly at what QP is saying we and everything is.