• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

don't judge lest you be judged

chuck010342

the story also shows a lesson in logic

I went to the store today, and there was a woman in front of me who was scolding her kid for wanting to buy candy. The mother had bought a big box of Milk Duds, and the kid had wanted something for himself.

The mother yelled, "You can't have that! Have you even looked at yourself lately?!"

Her accusation was shocking considering she appeared to struggle with weight issues herself. She and the child were both rather bulky and bulbous, and the mother alone had to weigh at least 400 lbs.*

I wanted to say to the mother in response, “That is quite interesting, Ma'am… have you?” The Mother was judging the child for being overweight, yet she was overweight herself. Not to mention, the four-dollars’ worth of Milk Duds she ended up buying for herself that no one scolded her for.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
the story also shows a lesson in logic

I went to the store today, and there was a woman in front of me who was scolding her kid for wanting to buy candy. The mother had bought a big box of Milk Duds, and the kid had wanted something for himself.

The mother yelled, "You can't have that! Have you even looked at yourself lately?!"

Her accusation was shocking considering she appeared to struggle with weight issues herself. She and the child were both rather bulky and bulbous, and the mother alone had to weigh at least 400 lbs.*

I wanted to say to the mother in response, “That is quite interesting, Ma'am… have you?” The Mother was judging the child for being overweight, yet she was overweight herself. Not to mention, the four-dollars’ worth of Milk Duds she ended up buying for herself that no one scolded her for.
The story also shows the observer making a judgment.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In my judgment, this story simply extols the virtues of using extremely poor judgment. Highlighting the story, as a reason to not judge others, is itself another example of poor judgment. Where are critical thinking skills when they are most needed?

Beta

The Bible does say we should JUDGE OURSELVES !

So obviously if a person does not know scripture they will make human judgements based on human nature (which btw has been perverted and polluted by satan).

christallen

Cynical Optimist
The Bible does say we should JUDGE OURSELVES !

So obviously if a person does not know scripture they will make human judgements based on human nature (which btw has been perverted and polluted by satan).

The bible being the word of G-d represents bare human nature and therefore is a guide to the way we are built. On that note, this woman and the observer were both disregarding their nature. To say that human nature has been perverted and polluted by satan gives him a bit too much credit.

Beta

The bible being the word of G-d represents bare human nature and therefore is a guide to the way we are built. On that note, this woman and the observer were both disregarding their nature. To say that human nature has been perverted and polluted by satan gives him a bit too much credit.
Satan either exists or he does not.
The Bible (God) describes him as the god of this world. That gives him some power whether we like it , agree with it or deny it. It's just a fact.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Satan either exists or he does not.
The Bible (God) describes him as the god of this world. That gives him some power whether we like it , agree with it or deny it. It's just a fact.
Satan has no more power over you than you give him.
Same applies to God.