• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump on Afghanistan

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
you heard it here first!

E83hTCtXMAEHwUc

Lyndon

Premium Member
As long as you admit it was Trump's idea, not Biden's

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
We should never have invaded
Difficult problem. I am glad the Americans helped us in World War 2, because living under Hitler might be close to Hell

but once you've been there supporting their government for 20 years they should have stayed IMHO
I am grateful if others help me, but I do not expect/demand of them to help me. But if I help someone then I would feel horrible stepping out, knowing all Hell breaks lose. Also a good lesson that we can't control everything, even if "we" is a superpower like the USA, totally impotent in this case

As long as you admit it was Trump's idea, not Biden's

Trump made an agreement and Biden followed through on it.

Both deserve credit/blame (depending on your view of whether the withdrawal is a good thing).

The buck stops with Biden though so he deserves more credit/blame than Trump.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
And the 'Deal Man' (His Trumpiness) has been proven a fraud, just as he was with his promises over North Korea. Unfortunately, Biden was caught in a trap, losing political support if he continued or escalated action in Afghanistan, or looking bad because of what we now have - and gosh, who anticipated this? And why would any people choose their religion (and culture perhaps) over something else, particularly when bribery and/or corruption might be involved?

Will the Taliban take Afghanistan back to the past?

Directly after the US, British and other Western troops began pulling out, the Taliban fighters across Afghanistan made their play for power. Reports of prisoners being executed brought an atmosphere of blind panic in one town after another, until Kabul itself succumbed and officials and soldiers were battling their way to the airport to get out.

Perhaps we need to look towards Iran, Pakistan, and Russia for the answers. :oops:

Lyndon

Premium Member
So what?

Big deal.

Trump isn't president, Biden is.

So what is the point here?

Blame Trump?

because Trump is blaming Biden as if Trump had nothing to do with it, and it seems you are falling for it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm sure you wanted the complete withdrawal of American troops too, until it became Biden's idea

No. I Wanted troops to stay. Look in the archives.

I'm just commenting/critiquing on the whiners who bemoan American intervention in foreign countries endlessly.

They just got their wish.

So I offer congratulations on their astute and direct wisdom on the matter. Life obviously is so much better there now.

Like the middle east ought to be.