• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump gets IgNobel Prize

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
This year's IgNobel prizes have been announced.

I won't go through all of them, but Trump (along with other world leaders) was one of those cited for 'Medical Education' "for using the COVID-19 viral pandemic to teach the world that politicians can have a more immediate effect on life and death than scientists and doctors can."

Another IgNobel prize was given for showing that frozen human feces don't make good knives.

Here are the winners of the 2020 Ig Nobel Prizes to make you laugh, then think

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I liked this one

Citation: "Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas Rule, for devising a method to identify narcissists by examining their eyebrows."

Among psychologists, grandiose narcissism is a "dark" personality trait, marked by selfishness, egotism, entitlement, and vanity. Although such individuals are often superficially charming, some people can spot a narcissist almost at first glance—a valuable social skill that enables them to avoid getting snared in a narcissist's toxic web. Giacomin and Rule wanted to pinpoint the mechanism behind this skill. Prior research showed that a person's face is one of the first things we notice when meeting someone new, so they recruited 39 undergraduates to pose for photographs with neutral expressions and then had them fill out the Narcissistic Personality Inventory.

Giacomin and Rule then used those photographs for a series of studies in which participants were asked to rate each of the faces in terms of how narcissistic they thought they were. Eyebrows are among the most expressive features of the face, and the researchers found that people rely on eyebrows to accurately pick out grandiose narcissists—specifically, based on the distinctiveness of their eyebrows. I guess the lesson here is to beware of people with distinctive, well-groomed eyebrows.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I won't go through all of them, but Trump (along with other world leaders) was one of those cited for 'Medical Education' "for using the COVID-19 viral pandemic to teach the world that politicians can have a more immediate effect on life and death than scientists and doctors can."

Another IgNobel prize was given for showing that frozen human feces don't make good knives.

And let's not forget all the other stellar examples of leading by honoring knowledge:
Citation: "Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil, Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom, Narendra Modi of India, Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico, Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus, Donald Trump of the USA, Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, Vladimir Putin of Russia, and Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow of Turkmenistan,

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I liked this one

Citation: "Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas Rule, for devising a method to identify narcissists by examining their eyebrows."

Among psychologists, grandiose narcissism is a "dark" personality trait, marked by selfishness, egotism, entitlement, and vanity. Although such individuals are often superficially charming, some people can spot a narcissist almost at first glance—a valuable social skill that enables them to avoid getting snared in a narcissist's toxic web. Giacomin and Rule wanted to pinpoint the mechanism behind this skill. Prior research showed that a person's face is one of the first things we notice when meeting someone new, so they recruited 39 undergraduates to pose for photographs with neutral expressions and then had them fill out the Narcissistic Personality Inventory.

Giacomin and Rule then used those photographs for a series of studies in which participants were asked to rate each of the faces in terms of how narcissistic they thought they were. Eyebrows are among the most expressive features of the face, and the researchers found that people rely on eyebrows to accurately pick out grandiose narcissists—specifically, based on the distinctiveness of their eyebrows. I guess the lesson here is to beware of people with distinctive, well-groomed eyebrows.
I just trimmed mine. They were long enough that I was braiding them.

In the middle.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Eyebrows are among the most expressive features of the face, and the researchers found that people rely on eyebrows to accurately pick out grandiose narcissists

Frank Zappa was talking about composing digitally on his Synclavier, and said that composing that way was fantastic, but the one thing digital systems lacked was eyebrows.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Given that one of the main goals of Trump during his reign is to delete or, if that isn't possible, match the accomplishments of his predecessor in the office, I call this a win for Trump.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I see it was a shared prize along with buffoon BoJo and other leaders with no regard for the lives of those who gave them power

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

The Economics prize is the best in my opinion, correlating the poverty of nations with how much people like to kiss. Awesome!