• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don`t over do it

RestlessSoul

If I’m obsessive about something - a behaviour, an interest, another person, work, sport, money, anything at all - then there’s almost certainly something else I’m avoiding; something I’m afraid of.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Pushing the limits of your own being may not be a good idea. This line come from a friend of mine :)

It was something he said during a discussion we had, and it stuck in my mind. Watching my own spiritual journey. To me, it means that as a practitioner of Sufism, it is a fine line between practicing correctly and safely and going into the extreme both ways. Not too lazy and not too much force into the extreme and very difficult part of seclusion, only being alone and so on.
Admittingly I have been a bit too much on the path toward an extreme side of me again :oops: But this time I cathed myself before it went wrong. And still am in a very good place in life right now.

In your life, is there something you do that you thinking of as being too extreme? and you wish to change it, but maybe don't know how to do it alone?

Our teachings say ‘moderation in all things’ and ‘to walk the spiritual path with practical feet’.

Clara Tea

Pushing the limits of your own being may not be a good idea. This line come from a friend of mine :)

It was something he said during a discussion we had, and it stuck in my mind. Watching my own spiritual journey. To me, it means that as a practitioner of Sufism, it is a fine line between practicing correctly and safely and going into the extreme both ways. Not too lazy and not too much force into the extreme and very difficult part of seclusion, only being alone and so on.
Admittingly I have been a bit too much on the path toward an extreme side of me again :oops: But this time I cathed myself before it went wrong. And still am in a very good place in life right now.

In your life, is there something you do that you thinking of as being too extreme? and you wish to change it, but maybe don't know how to do it alone?

The bible says that we should not be tepid. We should either be hot or cold.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, feeding all these wild animals who have now taken over my property. :eek:

That's not all, but that is what is most problematic right now. I love all animals so I am in between a rock and a hard place. :( When one starts to hate what one loved it is time to take a step back.
You would love racoon whisperer.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You would love racoon whisperer.
What's a racoon whisperer?
I looked it up on Google and found this video. It looks like my deck except that my deck is a lot bigger and there are a lot more raccoons! It would not be so bad if there were only a few. I cannot count them anymore. :eek:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What's a racoon whisperer?
I looked it up on Google and found this video. It looks like my deck except that my deck is a lot bigger and there are a lot more raccoons! It would not be so bad if there were only a few. I cannot count them anymore. :eek:

Yep. I came across him as he fed raccoons hotdogs much to the ire of his neighbor apparently.

I think he's rather cool and just a guy supporting his love for the animals. A bit risky I think givin a coon can be quite vicious, but I think he dispels some misconceptions about raccoons.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yep. I came across him as he fed raccoons hotdogs much to the ire of his neighbor apparently.

I think he's rather cool and just a guy supporting his love for the animals. A bit risky I think givin a coon can be quite vicious, but I think he dispels some misconceptions about raccoons.
They are vicious when they fight with each other, that is what scares me. :eek:
I also worry if my cats ever got outside so I am very careful whenever I open the doors.