• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doing kind gestures

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think I've found my calling: doing good things for people, things that don't involve interacting with them much or letting them see my world or them mine. Though it limits what you can do for people, I was thinking I should be working at designing that next great technology, or study to be a lawyer, one who is for individual's rights.

I'm not a people person directly and I'm learning to be okay with that. I allow few people into my world and the ones who dare enter, I expect their world and views not to clash too much with mine if I am to let them enter / be there. I've let my guard down before, but pretty soon I find myself doing or acting in some of the same ways as my friends or new acquaintances, and not all of those ways is me, I feel. My thoughts tend to consist less about how to get to know people and more about things like CPU processing, liquid cooling, Graphics Processing Unit architectures, and stuffy stuff I've learned from books. Not everyone who has ever tried to help me in a direct way, whether trying to help me improve my social skills etc, has given me positive memories or experiences from it, and I don't want to be the same way to someone else. So I think something like kind gestures instead, is a more universal, less problematic, way of communication with most people. Maybe some day I can perfect that much.