• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dogs 'Catch' Feelings

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Yes, dogs can 'catch' their owners' emotions

Dogs emotional depth goes beyond just a simple feeling animal, they are cognizant of their owners emotions and intentions as well. Picking up on biochemical cues that let them know how we feel.

"Dog-owners often feel that their pooches are good at picking up on their emotions. This isn’t a figment of their imaginations. New studies show how behavioral and chemical cues from humans can affect dogs in ways that enable them to not only discriminate between their owners’ fear, excitement, or anger, but also to “catch” these feelings from their human companions.

Just as human toddlers look to their parents for cues about how to react to the people and world around them, dogs often look to humans for similar signs. When their people project feelings of calm and confidence, dogs tend to view their surroundings as safe and secure."

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Cats too, I know, because our neighbor cat proved it to me yesterday.

Animals have their inner senses much better developed than most humans, who only trust their outer senses, and even those they hardly trust, and some demand even "triple blind, peer reviewed" proof before they trust stuff. Animals have way more self confidence than those it seems

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes, dogs can 'catch' their owners' emotions

Dogs emotional depth goes beyond just a simple feeling animal, they are cognizant of their owners emotions and intentions as well. Picking up on biochemical cues that let them know how we feel.

"Dog-owners often feel that their pooches are good at picking up on their emotions. This isn’t a figment of their imaginations. New studies show how behavioral and chemical cues from humans can affect dogs in ways that enable them to not only discriminate between their owners’ fear, excitement, or anger, but also to “catch” these feelings from their human companions.

Just as human toddlers look to their parents for cues about how to react to the people and world around them, dogs often look to humans for similar signs. When their people project feelings of calm and confidence, dogs tend to view their surroundings as safe and secure."
Cats do that, too. They just don't care or tell you to "just snap out of it".