• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog repeatedly returns to Church services of it's deceased owner!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I thought this was interesting, an article about a dog that kept showing up at Mass, where the funeral of it's owner was held.

Eventually the priest found out the dog was microchipped, found out where the home was , and some info about it's recently deceased owner, who rescued the dog , and gave it a home.

It would almost kind of appear like the dog still has some kind of supernatural connection with the deceased Spirit of it's owner, repeatedly attending the location where it's owner worshipped, prayed, and received Holy communion:
Loyal dog attends mass every day at church where owner's funeral was held | Daily Mail Online

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There was an old chap who lived just along the road from us died in. 2020. At the funeral his dog sat looking up at the coffin throughout there service, walked alongside it in the precession to the graveyard and watched his owner being interred.

I have never seen that dog behave so well. He is usually an out and out hooligan, always up to something.

Until the dog (along with the rest of the family) moved away it went to the graveyard every day.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I thought this was interesting, an article about a dog that kept showing up at Mass, where the funeral of it's owner was held.

Eventually the priest found out the dog was microchipped, found out where the home was , and some info about it's recently deceased owner, who rescued the dog , and gave it a home.

It would almost kind of appear like the dog still has some kind of supernatural connection with the deceased Spirit of it's owner, repeatedly attending the location where it's owner worshipped, prayed, and received Holy communion:
Loyal dog attends mass every day at church where owner's funeral was held | Daily Mail Online
Stories like this are quite commonly reported. It's almost as if they were intelligent!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Stories like this are quite commonly reported. It's almost as if they were intelligent!
I guess the reason the story had extra sentimental purposes for me, is there is someone I pray to, who died tragically, named Mary Elaine Shereika, who I nicknamed "mother Mary".

The dog in the articles owner is Maria (Mary), she adopted dogs, and right after reading the article, I went to a "find a grave" website page for Mary Elaine, the one I had been praying to, and it was created by "Dogmama08", and the coincidence was meaningful to me.

But I agree, dogs are very intelligent, in some ways they can even outdo humans.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would say the way trained German shepherds can detect enemy soldiers approaching, alert their comrades, has proved far greater than a humans abilities, which is why German shepherds are useful on the battlefield, even parachuting out of planes into the battlefield.

Dogs are incredible creatures, and police canines that can sniff out hidden drugs in a parking lot of vehicles, I have seen them doing their job, and it's simply incredible.

I've seen a police canine in a school gymnasium run to a completely concealed packaged bag of heroine, hidden beneath something, and the dog would not move from the location of the heroin, and even resist being dragged from the location by the police woman who had it by a leash.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I would say the way trained German shepherds can detect enemy soldiers approaching, alert their comrades, has proved far greater than a humans abilities, which is why German shepherds are useful on the battlefield, even parachuting out of planes into the battlefield.

Dogs are incredible creatures, and police canines that can sniff out hidden drugs in a parking lot of vehicles, I have seen them doing their job, and it's simply incredible.

I've seen a police canine in a school gymnasium run to a completely concealed packaged bag of heroine, hidden beneath something, and the dog would not move from the location of the heroin, and even resist being dragged from the location by the police woman who had it by a leash.
and cancer...

"Their powerful noses can also detect viruses, bacteria, and signs of cancer in a person’s body or bodily fluids."
- Can dogs smell cancer in humans? Research and diagnosis

ChristineM

Premium Member
A smidge of sarcasm. :)

Despite me worshipping at the altar of the cat I could see myself with a dog one day. Possibly a husky, seeing as you ask.

Me, sarcastic??? A am shocked at such a statement...

Despite my multitude of cat gods who rule my roost we used to have a border collie, thick as 2 short planks but a lovely, loving dog.

ChristineM

Premium Member
A border collie that was not intelligent??? I think your dog had your number and was playing you like a fish at the end of a line.

It's a long story involved trauma, fear and rejection, the poor dog was in a hell of a state when we adopted her.