• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doesn't WW2 Show Christiany is Wrong?

Ronald

I faintly remember a saying, "The only thing to fear, is fear itself."

The God of the Hebrew, gave blessings in full measure to the inhabitants of his creation.
He made many positive declarations, only one negative.
This pattern continues to this day, full measure of blessings, few negitave rules.
The purpose is to replenish the earth with people who are made in his image, pure silver and gold, they ring true, drop a real silver dollar, listen to the ring.
From those called and chosen, will come those pure gold and silver, made in his image, inhabitants of the new Earth. No one wants to drag you, kicking and screaming protests, into His Kingdom. There's someone here, that will promise you gold and silver, if you bow down to him.
Hear the word of God, accept it or reject it, your choice.
I am commisioned to tell you about him. He will do the chosing. Come on in the water is fine.

Curtis

A person is not born by nature a child of God.
The Bible says that by nature we are children of wrath(Ephesians 2:3)
(Galatians 3:26 says, "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:12-13).
Jesus said, "Truly, Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of heaven."

dan

We are spiritual children of God by birth. In order to receive the saving graces of Christ's atonement we must become His spiritual children (through faith, repentence, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost). Almost all of the important words in the bible have dualistic meanings. "The Law" refers to both the law of Moses and the law of the Gospel. "Death" refers to spiritual death and physical. "Son of man" refers to any human and it refers to Christ. "Children of God" refers to our spiritual relationship to Him having been born on this earth and it refers to someone who has been spiritually reborn of Christ ("God" also refers to either the Father or the Son).

Ronald

dan said:
We are spiritual children of God by birth. In order to receive the saving graces of Christ's atonement we must become His spiritual children (through faith, repentence, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost). Almost all of the important words in the bible have dualistic meanings. "The Law" refers to both the law of Moses and the law of the Gospel. "Death" refers to spiritual death and physical. "Son of man" refers to any human and it refers to Christ. "Children of God" refers to our spiritual relationship to Him having been born on this earth and it refers to someone who has been spiritually reborn of Christ ("God" also refers to either the Father or the Son).

Would you share the chapter and verse, or whose commentary?
It seems Curtis is closer.

(Q)

Almost all of the important words in the bible have dualistic meanings.

Hence, it is impossible to pin down any correct interpretation of the Bible, so its meaning will only be relative to the person who reads it.

Some will not question the contents, interpret it as they see fit, and believe what they have interpreted. Others will merely follow blindly anothers interpretation.

Ceridwen018

It's not a matter of how hard you work, Ronald. If two people interpret something two different ways, who is to say who is right and who is wrong? It is impossible to determine the correct interpretation of the bible because there are so many and because no one has the slightest clue as to what the 'truth' really is.

(Q)

Difficult, not imposible. Don't be lazy.

No, impossible. And that is based on the premise that no one, including yourself, has a correct interpretation of the Bible. In fact, we can't even judge whether or not the interpretations from the authors of the Bible were correct, and it is safe to say those interpretations are not relevant to you or me.

Any interpretation of the Bible will ONLY be relevant to that individual and no one else.

If you think there exists the absolute correct interpretation of the Bible, please share it with us.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
everyone has thier *correct interpretation* its called a point of view. as humans and readers with opinions, we must read with a point of view. if we dont, then we cannot interpret the document fully. afterall, who else was supposed to read it? animals?

"Any interpretation of the Bible will ONLY be relevant to that individual and no one else."

i agree

may

Romans 2:28, 29)

For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God

Later, in a vision, the apostle John saw the faithful anointed Christians depicted as a spiritual nation of 144,000, "sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel." After these, John caught sight of "a great crowd . . . out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands." (Revelation 7:4, 9) Thus, no ethnic group or language is excluded from the modern-day Christian congregation. Individuals from all backgrounds have the prospect of surviving the coming "great tribulation" and drinking from "fountains of waters of life" in the new world.—Revelation 7:14-17

robtex

Veteran Member
The catholic church had an intimate connection with the Nazi party
see pah's thread ( www.religiousforums.com/showthread.php?t=64588page=1&pp=10)
twisted cross the german movement in the third reich

It was kinda swept under the rug. When I took high school history intragration of church and state by the third reich, the catholic involement, espcially by cardinal pacelli (later pope piux xll) and Bishop alois hudal (who helped infamous klaus barbie and others escape from ally capture to stand trial) were never mentioned.
(good link) http://hist.academic.claremontmckenna.edu/jpetropoulos/holocost/aftermathintro.htm

I was speaking to a dear friend of mine who is a teacher and has been for years. He is in his early 60's and I asked him about WW1 cause I know so little about it. He natually tied it to ww2 and when I mentined that Hitler was a big fan of Martin Luther's work "the jews and their lies" and that the nazi's got strong support from the catholic church before and during ww2 he looked at me stunnded for a moment. I am sure by now he has verified what I have said..but dispite the fact that 6 million Jews were killed the notion that WW2 had any religous impact to it is commonly glossed over.

I don't think it makes the Christian religion evil but it does set the pace for religion to deny or reject responsiblity for crimes against humnaity that it partipates in. To me the catholic's church's distancing themselves from the nazi movement set the stage for their more current acts that of evil by the church including the catholic involvement in the 1994 rwanda war and the ongoing war between catholic priest sex crimes and the people who are challenging them.

Most religions are established with good intentions in mind but can at times stray and with horrible consquences upon humanity. I think it is important for religions to take responsiblty for their churches actions as a group in light that moraity is a major concept of most religions.

christians make-up almost a third of the world's population and if one thought that christianty was evil one would have to think that almost a 1/3 of the world at a minimum is evil. I personally do not contend this to be so but I do see times where members in the chruch who are in power do evil things on behalf of the church while members of that religion or church either deny it is happening or go along with the plan with minor dissention involved.

I think it is more of a senerio where I personaly know a lot of Christians and almost all of them are very good at heart but still know enough about history to know that the Christian religion has a lot of skeletons in their closet.

I think a better way to phrase it would be ww2 showed that religions need to take responsiblity and ownership of their churchs actions as opposed to "ww2 shows that christianty is wrong"