• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your religion prevent you?

Nimos

Well I think the Bible says it better than I could:

"For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”  However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”-Romans 10:13-15.
I don't get the impression that you really get what im writing, sorry if I misunderstand that.

But as an atheist this means nothing to me, in fact for anyone that doesn't follow that religion it means nothing.

Again, I don't think it has been demonstrate that Jehova or any shape or form of a God exist. Its no different than a Muslim might cite stuff from the Quran to you, it doesn't "bite" on you, if you don't believe that the Quran is right about it. To you it would simply be a Muslim making claims which has not been demonstrated to be true and therefore you don't care what the Quran is saying or what some other religious text is for that matter.

Unless the debate/chat is specifically about bible verses, citing them is completely pointless, they are not going to convince anyone of anything and its not even an argument, because the person that made the claim is not here, and Im not having a chat with the bible, but with you. :)