• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your god deserve to be called god?

pandamonk

Fluffy said:
Its too much for one thread and I didn't really intend this thread for discussion of that site at all, I was just using it to exemplify my point. I would like to debate the points as well but another thread is best I think.
What should we name the new thread?:D

ch'ang

artist in training
I tend to agree with nutshell on this. It is relating to Man's knowledge and limitations, Not taking into account that we, man, are not the greatest thing there is. I was disappointed into the lack of thought that actually went into their answers.
I
personally am disappointed in the lack of thought in your refutation of their points, just saying god can't be understood by man in itself proves that your view of god is inconsistent (sorry if I am being presumptuous but I assume that your is the god described in the bible . When you say that god can not be understood by man you obviously say that god is illogical because if he wasn't then man could in time come to understand him. So if god is illogical and can not be understood why do you claim to know that he wants you to believe in him and his son. Also why do you think he wants anything, wanting something is a human emotion and it seems a bit egotistical to say god thinks the same way you do.

pandamonk

ch'ang said:
I
personally am disappointed in the lack of thought in your refutation of their points, just saying god can't be understood by man in itself proves that your view of god is inconsistent (sorry if I am being presumptuous but I assume that your is the god described in the bible . When you say that god can not be understood by man you obviously say that god is illogical because if he wasn't then man could in time come to understand him. So if god is illogical and can not be understood why do you claim to know that he wants you to believe in him and his son. Also why do you think he wants anything, wanting something is a human emotion and it seems a bit egotistical to say god thinks the same way you do.
Exactly, frubals to you good sir

Fluffy

A fool
I think I feel at my most distant from other theists when it comes to even simply considering ideas and arguments that might call a belief's plausibility into question.

pandamonk, Ill start another debate thread which discusses one of the errors this site came up with but has not already been done to death. I have a feeling it will just get very wild and wooly, however :(.

Aqualung, you did indeed take a different test although the one you took is also a very good one and you got the same score as me on it :). A very good score I might add, if you compare it to the standard of some of the sites other visitors :).

The one I was referring to can be found here: http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/whatisgod.htm