• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your belief / religion ect offer a better deal ?

Dogknox20

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified,

Yup right on... "LOVE"!
Barry Johnson Love is an action of "The Heart"!
To love you can't sit on your hands... To love someone you MUST let go of self put yourself out for another person or God! Jesus loved us by taking our place in death!
The Sheep loved by GIVING to others!
The Goats refused to love they had faith ALONE no actions!

1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Do you see it....??? "DOING RIGHT makes a person righteous!" The Sheep were righteous.. 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
The Goats did nothing.... Faith is ACTION-LESS! No one can have faith ALONE to be saved!
20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

For it is with your heart (BY YOUR LOVE) that you believe and are justified!!!

Dogknox20

Why do believe that ?
I believe it simply because; your rejecting Jesus' words just as the Jews did! "How can this man give us his flesh to eat"!?
Barry Johnson God can give us his flesh to eat by taking the form of Bread! Faith tells us: God can do all things even take the form of bread!

Your god is NOT almighty.. Your god has limits placed on what he can and what he can't do! The Christians God.. The God of the Catholic is almighty! The Apostles were the first Catholics.. Judas was the first man to protest (protestant) against Jesus! Judas was a hypocrite pretending to be a Christians, he rejected the words of Jesus!
"My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink!"

John1.12

Free gift
Yup right on... "LOVE"!
To love you can't sit on your hands... To love someone you MUST let go of self put yourself out for another person or God! Jesus loved us by taking our place in death!

1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Do you see it....??? "DOING RIGHT makes a person righteous!" The Sheep were righteous.. 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
The Goats did nothing.... Faith is ACTION-LESS! No one can have faith ALONE to be saved!
20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Your going to far forward. Rom 10 ,9 is appealing to lost people to believe . Then if you read Eph 1.13 this happens immediately after the believing from the heart .

John1.12

Free gift
Yup right on... "LOVE"!

I believe it simply because; your rejecting Jesus' words just as the Jews did! "How can this man give us his flesh to eat"!?
Barry Johnson God can give us his flesh to eat by taking the form of Bread! Faith tells us: God can do all things even take the form of bread!

Your god is NOT almighty.. Your god has limits placed on what he can and what he can't do! The Christians God.. The God of the Catholic is almighty! The Apostles were the first Catholics.. Judas was the first man to protest (protestant) against Jesus! Judas was a hypocrite pretending to be a Christians, he rejected the words of Jesus!
"My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink!"
//
Dogknox20 said:
The point is simple... The words of Jesus are Gospel MORE SO then the words of Paul!//
I meant ,why do you believe this?

Dogknox20

Your going to far forward. Rom 10 ,9 is appealing to lost people to believe . Then if you read Eph 1.13 this happens immediately after the believing from the heart .
Eph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
Barry Johnson When you believed???? Past Tense... Paul is addressing BELIEVERS people who have accepted the message!
Acts 2 comes before Eph 13....

LOOK..... marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit
Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”

41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Barry Johnson 3000 believed (3000 accepted "the Message of truth") and were ADDED to the body of Jesus by baptism!
Paul is talking to Christians those people that believed the MESSAGE.. "Be baptized and
receive the GIFT of God.. "The Holy Spirit!

Barry Johnson Believing from the heart is believing with LOVE!

Believing from the heart is believing with ACTIONS! There is no two ways around it!! Actions of DOING RIGHT; Just as the Sheep DO RIGHT!

Barry Johnson You can't "DO RIGHT" doing nothing! The Faith ALONE Goats "Do nothing" they are Satan's Children because they don't believe from the heart!
Eph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth! Barry Johnson What is the MESSAGE?
Barry Johnson The MESSAGE IS "Be Baptized be saved"!
Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized,

Dogknox20

//
Dogknox20 said:
The point is simple... The words of Jesus are Gospel MORE SO then the words of Paul!//
I meant ,why do you believe this?
WHY????
I believe it because I KNOW beyond all doubt.. "God cannot lie"!
Lets look at it.... "My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink"! Christians have always believed this because they are the words of "The WORD made flesh"!
Barry Johnson "I believe in Jesus"! Do you believes "My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink"!? NO YOU DON'T! Just like the Jews you also say.. "How can this man give us his flesh to eat"?! You say.. "Cannibalism"!
There is a difference between you and me!
I believe in Jesus.. I am a believer! .... whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. &
32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. &
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?

I received the GIFT when I was baptized I BELIEVE in Jesus I will have eternal life!
These also are words of Jesus.. 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? etc
40 The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

I believe DOING RIGHT is believing from the heart.. It is in hearing the message of truth; "The Gospel of salvation" is believing the words of Jesus ALL OF THEM!! Again I point out....The teaching of saved by ONLY Faith is NOT gospel it is a man made TRADITION first appearing 1700 years AFTER Jesus!

John1.12

Free gift
Eph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
Barry Johnson When you believed???? Past Tense... Paul is addressing BELIEVERS people who have accepted the message!
Acts 2 comes before Eph 13....

LOOK..... marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit
Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”

41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Barry Johnson 3000 believed (3000 accepted "the Message of truth") and were ADDED to the body of Jesus by baptism!
Paul is talking to Christians those people that believed the MESSAGE.. "Be baptized and
receive the GIFT of God.. "The Holy Spirit!

Barry Johnson Believing from the heart is believing with LOVE!

Believing from the heart is believing with ACTIONS! There is no two ways around it!! Actions of DOING RIGHT; Just as the Sheep DO RIGHT!

Barry Johnson You can't "DO RIGHT" doing nothing! The Faith ALONE Goats "Do nothing" they are Satan's Children because they don't believe from the heart!
Eph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth! Barry Johnson What is the MESSAGE?
Barry Johnson The MESSAGE IS "Be Baptized be saved"!
Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized,
Yes ,in Eph 1.13 it is addressing already saved people who did Romans 10.9 . Paul is telling them what happened when they believed . That they are sealed unto the day of redemption. They have the permanent indwelling of the Holy spirit . They cannot be lost . They cannot lose salvation, because the Holy Spirit permanently indwells until Glorification.

John1.12

Free gift
WHY????
I believe it because I KNOW beyond all doubt.. "God cannot lie"!
Lets look at it.... "My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink"! Christians have always believed this because they are the words of "The WORD made flesh"!
Barry Johnson "I believe in Jesus"! Do you believes "My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink"!? NO YOU DON'T! Just like the Jews you also say.. "How can this man give us his flesh to eat"?! You say.. "Cannibalism"!
There is a difference between you and me!
I believe in Jesus.. I am a believer! .... whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. &
32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. &
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?

I received the GIFT when I was baptized I BELIEVE in Jesus I will have eternal life!
These also are words of Jesus.. 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? etc
40 The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

I believe DOING RIGHT is believing from the heart.. It is in hearing the message of truth; "The Gospel of salvation" is believing the words of Jesus ALL OF THEM!! Again I point out....The teaching of saved by ONLY Faith is NOT gospel it is a man made TRADITION first appearing 1700 years AFTER Jesus!
No , I meant why do you think the words in the Gospels are more important than the words in Paul's letters ? They are both God breathed ect .

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
A Christian is not under the law . Love of God and Neighbour was given to Israel.
Absolutely false, and it seems you believe that there's a "shortcut" in order to get through the "narrow gate". Each reference and quote I made was from the NT, not the OT.

IOW, what you've done is to basically endorse "rocking-chair religion"-- just sit back and have nice thoughts with nothing else being needed. Maybe it's time to find a denomination that teaches that there are no shortcuts to salvation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Christian Science church was started by Mary Baker Eddy.

The Foursquare church was started by Aimee Semple McPherson.
:facepalm:

Context much? In the post that I wrote "men" obviously means the same as "people". It was not a claim that no women started various religions or sects.

metis

They cannot lose salvation, because the Holy Spirit permanently indwells until Glorification.
That's not what the Parable of the Seed & the Sower says:
Matt.13
[1]That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea.
[2] And great crowds gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat there; and the whole crowd stood on the beach.
[3] And he told them many things in parables, saying: "A sower went out to sow.
[4] And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them.
[5] Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they had not much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil,
[6] but when the sun rose they were scorched; and since they had no root they withered away.
[7] Other seeds fell upon thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them.
[8] Other seeds fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
[9] He who has ears, let him hear."

IOW, faith is not an either/or thingy but is more like the Parable of the Mustard Seed-- it grows. But it also could shrivel and be lost.

metis

Yes I don't follow ' theologians ' .
That's quite obvious.

Are you an expert in ancient Hebrew and/or Koine Greek? How about early Jewish history and culture?

Which verse would you like to discuss where Paul says there will be popes like we see in Roman Catholicism?
Again, I said previously that the word "pope" wasn't used until later in Christian history.

The term ' appoint ' . Ok which verse says anything remotely what we see in Roman Catholicism? This is not biblical . Its ' tradition ' created by Rome .
There was "tradition" that Paul refers to that the Church used and referred to:
1Cor.11[2] I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you.

2Thes.2[15] So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.

2Thes.3[6] Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us

Also, Jesus said this to Peter and the others:
Matthew16[18] And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.
[19] I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

[note the underlined part] So, logically speaking, why would Jesus give this authority to the Apostles if it all of what Jesus commanded was to end after the Apostles were gone?

John1.12

Free gift
Absolutely false, and it seems you believe that there's a "shortcut" in order to get through the "narrow gate". Each reference and quote I made was from the NT, not the OT.

IOW, what you've done is to basically endorse "rocking-chair religion"-- just sit back and have nice thoughts with nothing else being needed. Maybe it's time to find a denomination that teaches that there are no shortcuts to salvation.
//
just sit back and have nice thoughts with nothing else being needed.// what does that even mean ? //shortcuts to salvation// This assumes there is a LONG route. ? Where does it say to the Church that salvation is long winded .

John1.12

Free gift
That's quite obvious.

Are you an expert in ancient Hebrew and/or Koine Greek? How about early Jewish history and culture?

Again, I said previously that the word "pope" wasn't used until later in Christian history.

There was "tradition" that Paul refers to that the Church used and referred to:
1Cor.11[2] I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you.

2Thes.2[15] So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.

2Thes.3[6] Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us

Also, Jesus said this to Peter and the others:
Matthew16[18] And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.
[19] I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

[note the underlined part] So, logically speaking, why would Jesus give this authority to the Apostles if it all of what Jesus commanded was to end after the Apostles were gone?
Authority , miracles, healings , casting out demons ect are given to confirm the message to the Jews ( Jews require a sign ) After wards the Holy Spirit is given , then later the transition shifts to the gentiles. We don't see these same gifts given to the Church in any epistles .

metis

This assumes there is a LONG route. ? Where does it say to the Church that salvation is long winded .
Who said anything about "long winded"?

Authority , miracles, healings , casting out demons ect are given to confirm the message to the Jews ( Jews require a sign ) After wards the Holy Spirit is given , then later the transition shifts to the gentiles. We don't see these same gifts given to the Church in any epistles .
Now you've stepped right into anti-Semitism.

After Jesus was crucified, Jesus appeared unto Thomas as a sign that he was resurrected. Also, here's a link dealing with "signs", and note that some of these signs not only occurred after Jesus death but also were done with Gentiles [click on this link]: Bible, Revised Standard Version

What you are repeatedly showing us here is that you really need to do some serious studying as it seems you're making up your own "bible".