• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your belief / religion ect offer a better deal ?

John1.12

Free gift
I have a better religion. No one needs to be saved from an incompetent God that is so powerless that he cannot even forgive for his own screwup. Christianity is a hot mess when it comes to their redemption beliefs.
Yes I consistently also don't believe in the god as represented by false religions, Agnostcs or atheists.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I meant after the Death ,burial , resurrection and the giving of the Holy Spirit..That is the Gospel and believing 'it 'for our sins ( Believing what Jesus did on the cross for our sins ) secures salvation . No one can be saved otherwise TODAY .
That depends on whether one uses a literalistic approach with the Bible, which I don't.

Jesus taught that there are only Two Commandments, according to the Gospel, so do you believe that or not? If there are only Two, then all the rest within the Gospel are basically "side-bars", thus they can be debated without necessarily losing track of the Two.

Thus, imo, the crux of the Gospel is do we love God with all our will and heart and do we love our neighbor as ourselves-- all the rest is just commentary.

Dogknox20

I have a better religion. No one needs to be saved from an incompetent God that is so powerless that he cannot even forgive for his own screwup. Christianity is a hot mess when it comes to their redemption beliefs.
Subduction Zone you are mistaken... It was man that screwed up!!! God fixed the mess with the resurrection of Jesus! Until Jesus rose from the dead "ALL Men" died! NOW....

Subduction Zone now all men "Immersed (baptized) into the risen body of Jesus" rise to new life!

Dogknox20

That depends on whether one uses a literalistic approach with the Bible, which I don't.

Jesus taught that there are only Two Commandments, according to the Gospel, so do you believe that or not? If there are only Two, then all the rest within the Gospel are basically "side-bars", thus they can be debated without necessarily losing track of the Two.

Thus, imo, the crux of the Gospel is do we love God with all our will and heart and do we love our neighbor as ourselves-- all the rest is just commentary.
metis I agree... Right on!
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live
.”

Jesus cannot lie!! Verse #28 Do this and you will live.” (above ) The men in protest: the "De-Formers reject the words of God as lies! God said.. "MUST LOVE to be saved", they say; "NOPE just faith ALONE will get a soul into heaven"!
Barry Johnson Love is the actions of the heart... Faith has NO actions it is action-less! To make his point Jesus follows up with the "Good Samaritan" story! The Jews don't like Samaritans as people with NO FAITH! In the story; the Priest and the Levite people with FAITH pass by on the other side they don't have love; the Priest and the Levite have faith ALONE!
The Goats at the end time Judgement have "Faith ALONE!"

John1.12

Free gift

I believe the Gospel today ,is 1 cor 15 .1-4 .

John1.12

Free gift

//Jesus taught that there are only Two Commandments, according to the Gospel// Which verse says this is the good news today?

Dogknox20

At best you could say that a women is not 'saved ' from false doctrine by just faith alone .
14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
( Always ask 'saved 'from what ? )

The context is a women will be saved through childbearing FROM false doctrine. Why ' child bearing ' ? Because a women is at her most vulnerable at being deceived during this time..AGAIN this is another verse that is not a hill to die on . Timothy is about being deceived, not losing salvation. You have no verse that explicitly says the thing you believe. Don't you think such a critical subject would explicitly SAY . You would expect " saved from perishing/ fires of hell / the wrath of God / judgment ect . But no , again we have a obscure verse that does not undo the clear explicit verses . What I believe is explicitly SAID and taught . I trust that God speaks clear on critical matters . Like Eph 1.13-14
Barry Johnson hello hope all is well...
I reply... Adam did not LOVE God! LOOK!..
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
&
1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
Clearly Adam did not do as God commanded.. He did not love God!

God COMMANDED Adam "Don't eat of the tree!" Adam ate, he ignored God' command Adam did not love God! Eve did not love her husband! God did NOT tell Adam "Don't TOUCH the tree"!
Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Barry Johnson LOOK at the numbers of the verses Eve was not created yet 18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
next chapter
Genesis 3:3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
Adam Commanded Eve not to touch the tree.. Eve did not keep his command.. Adam did not love God; Eve did not love Adam! AND...
Barry Johnson Adam did not love his wife... 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
Adam did not protect Eve from the snake... All know it is the Man who is to protect the family!

If you don't have LOVE you cannot go to heaven; God is love!! Satan does NOT love he is NOT welcome in heaven.. Adam & Eve were removed because they also did not have love!!

John1.12

Free gift
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
&
1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

God COMMANDED Adam "Don't eat of the tree!" Adam ate, he ignored God' command Adam did not love God! Eve did not love her husband! God did NOT tell Adam "Don't TOUCH the tree"!
Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Barry Johnson LOOK at the numbers of the verses Eve was not created yet 18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
next chapter
Genesis 3:3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
Adam Commanded Eve not to touch the tree.. Eve did not keep his command.. Adam did not love God; Eve did not love Adam! AND...
Barry Johnson Adam did not love his wife... 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
Adam did not protect Eve from the snake... All know it is the Man who is to protect the family!

If you don't have LOVE you cannot go to heaven; God is love!! Satan does NOT love he is NOT welcome in heaven.. Adam & Eve were removed because they also did not have love!!
Which verse says Adam did not love God ?
Which verse says Adam told Eve not to 'touch '?Your completely confused about how it's possible to be in heaven . Its 'glorification ' and only believers who have recieved Jesus are predestined to it . Its like the whole book of Romans and Ephesians means nothing to you .

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18¶For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Rom 8.23 .

John1.12

Free gift
&

next chapter

Jesus did not die for Satan . Satan will not be glorified.

John1.12

Free gift
&

next chapter

Rom 8
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37¶Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God , which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
*MOD POST*Reminder that, while you are welcome to present why you believe your position is better, trying to convert others or positing your view as absolute truth will be moderated under Rule 8.*MOD POST*

John1.12

Free gift
*MOD POST*Reminder that, while you are welcome to present why you believe your position is better, trying to convert others or positing your view as absolute truth will be moderated under Rule 8.*MOD POST*
1)I haven't tried to' convert' anyone . Thats not what the bible teaches a Christian can do . So thats not my position .
2) We probably are all positing our views as absolute truths.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1)I haven't tried to' convert' anyone . Thats not what the bible teaches a Christian can do . So thats not my position .
2) We probably are all positing our views as absolute truths.
1. MOD posts are general reminders to everyone, not targeted at individuals.
2. People might believe they have absolute truths, but not using 'I believe' style language is not what this forum is about.
Re: Rule 8:
. Preaching/Proselytizing
Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted. Similarly, attempting to convert others away from their religion, spiritual convictions, or sect/denomination will also be considered a form of preaching. Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching.

Dogknox20

Which verse says Adam did not love God ?
Which verse says Adam told Eve not to 'touch '?Your completely confused about how it's possible to be in heaven . Its 'glorification ' and only believers who have recieved Jesus are predestined to it . Its like the whole book of Romans and Ephesians means nothing to you .

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18¶For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Rom 8.23 .
You ask; What verse? The verse that says.. "To love God is to do what he COMMANDS!" < that verse! Adam was COMMANDED not to eat.. Adam ate! Can't get any more simple then that!
Barry Johnson It makes me wonder; Do you believe the words of God.. ? It is very obvious you can't comprehend what you read or you outright reject scriptures!

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.
John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.
1 John 2:4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.
1 John 3:24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
Barry Johnson Did you see it? Verse # 5:3 (above) this is love for God: to keep his commands!!!!
Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.

Verse 1 John 2:4 (above) tells you "Adam is also a
LIAR!"

Dogknox20

Jesus did not die for Satan . Satan will not be glorified.
And your point is? Jesus died and rose; all IMMERSED into the risen body of Jesus will also rise! Satan is not in the body of Jesus!
Barry Johnson Satan cannot love he hates you, he hates me, he hates all men, Satan Hates God he can't love! It is LOVE that saves.. God IS LOVE!
NOTE: A person with ONLY Faith is "God-less"!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Love is = works of the heart!
Love is = letting go of self for another person or God!
The Sheep love!
The Goats are love-less all the Goats have is faith because they also address Jesus as "Lord"! The Sheep have faith PLUS love.. The Sheep are Righteous because they "Do Right"!!
1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Subduction Zone you are mistaken... It was man that screwed up!!! God fixed the mess with the resurrection of Jesus! Until Jesus rose from the dead "ALL Men" died! NOW....

Subduction Zone now all men "Immersed (baptized) into the risen body of Jesus" rise to new life!
How did man screw up? How did God fix this? From what I have read God did screw up. It is in Genesis. You may not have understood it properly. Though you may base your opinion on something else. But if one takes Genesis at all literally the fault clearly lies upon God.

John1.12

Free gift
You ask; What verse? The verse that says.. "To love God is to do what he COMMANDS!" < that verse! Adam was COMMANDED not to eat.. Adam ate! Can't get any more simple then that!
Barry Johnson It makes me wonder; Do you believe the words of God.. ? It is very obvious you can't comprehend what you read or you outright reject scriptures!

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.
John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.
1 John 2:4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.
1 John 3:24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
Barry Johnson Did you see it? Verse # 5:3 (above) this is love for God: to keep his commands!!!!
Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.

Verse 1 John 2:4 (above) tells you "Adam is also a
LIAR!"
Rom 8
38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the LOVE of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
//Jesus taught that there are only Two Commandments, according to the Gospel// Which verse says this is the good news today?
I don't know what you're asking.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but:
Matthew 22[36-40]36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Dogknox20

Believing IN Jesus is; believing the words of Jesus!
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

The Good News is the Gospels! The words of Jesus save they are "Good News"! AS Jesus told Nicodemus... "God loved the world that whoever believes the Words of "The Word" will have eternal life!
John 3:16 ..... that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 3:31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.
32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony.
33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful.
34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit

John 5:37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent

Dogknox20

How did man screw up? How did God fix this? From what I have read God did screw up. It is in Genesis. You may not have understood it properly. Though you may base your opinion on something else. But if one takes Genesis at all literally the fault clearly lies upon God.
Subduction Zone I hope all is well with you... Good question....
The perfect man "Adam" made a free will choice... He choose to sin! NOW...
Subduction Zone
now God' perfect creation was corrupted... Man corrupted what God made perfect.. God does all things perfectly! All of Adams decedents (us) are born corrupted because you can't create perfection from corrupted material! All men have a leaning towards sin because all men are not perfect!
Jesus is the second perfect man... Only God is perfect, God took the form of man to correct the error of Adam! NOW....
Subduction Zone
now all peoples immersed into the risen resurrected body of Jesus will rise to new life!

Subduction Zone God made man in his image...God is LOVE!
Man was given the capability to LOVE! Cows, chicken, snails, frogs etc cannot love only MAN was made in God' image! BUT....
Subduction Zone but to love you need freewill! YES... God could have given Adam a pill to make him love BUT...
Subduction Zone
but then Adams love would not be true love! Adam needed the freedom to chose; Adam made a choice freely! You also have a choice... Love your children? Decide to reject your wife, divorce her!? Love is a CHOICE! The Sheep freely CHOOSE to help the needy the Goats freely made the choice not too!
Sheep... 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Goats..
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.

Sheep have Faith + Love!
Goats have Faith Alone!