• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Yajurveda mention word “Reincarnation”- many and continuous re-births after physical death?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Or, it is yet another Post-Vedic invention? Please
Please quote from Yajurveda Chapter/ Verse wise.
Thread open to all human beings religious or no-religious, please

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Historical Vedic religion

The religion of the Vedic period (also known as Vedism, ancient Hinduism, Brahmanism and Vedic Brahmanism[note 1]) was the religion of the Indo-Aryans of northern India.[5] It is a historical predecessor of modern Hinduism, though significantly different from it.[note 2]
The Vedic liturgy is conserved in the mantra portion of the four Vedas,[6] which are compiled in Sanskrit. The religious practices centered on a clergy administering rites.[7] The complex Vedic rituals of Śrauta continue in coastal Andhra.[8]
Scholars consider Vedic religion to have been a composite of the Indo-Aryan and Harappan cultures.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Vedic_religion#Post-Vedic_Hinduism
Please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Congratulations, you started another one. What took you so long?

Which scholars? What are there credentials? What is liturgy? What is Srauta? What is Andhra? Could you please provide definitions and context for these terms?

As for the topic, I remember my immediate past life, and don't need to know who said or when they said it to know about it. This is called experiential knowledge.

This is like saying snow is cold, and wondering which scripture said it was cold. If some ancient scripture said it was hot, would you believe that?
Snow is most likely not mentioned in the Koran. Does that mean there is no such thing as snow?

Here's a knowledge link: http://www.vedicpath.com/Articles/ReincarnationVedas.html

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The Inuit (Canadian First nations northerners) supposedly have about 20 words for snow.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
The Inuit (Canadian First nations northerners) supposedly have about 20 words for snow.

Dear VinayakaJi

After all those years with you on forums, I must say I respect you the same as if you are my father or teacher
But if you keep insisting that snow exists, I will have to call you a fool.
Because OBVIOUSLY, Ji, if it's not written in Koran or Yajur ved, it does not exist.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Or, it is yet another Post-Vedic invention? Please
Please quote from Yajurveda Chapter/ Verse wise.
Thread open to all human beings religious or no-religious, please

Regards
The Vedas doesn't mention the Internet and yet I believe it. The hell is your point?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Vedas doesn't mention the Internet and yet I believe it. The hell is your point?
Is it an acknowledgement from one that one of the core tenets of Hinduism is not mentioned in Yajurveda? Isn't it strange!?
Ahimsa is not mentioned in Yajurveda, now Reinkarnation is not mentioned in Yajurveda. Right? Please
This tenet seems to be also invented in Post-Vedic period. Was the Post-Vedic period very fertile for new ideas/discoveries/inventions? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Dear VinayakaJi
After all those years with you on forums, I must say I respect you the same as if you are my father or teacher
Because OBVIOUSLY, Ji, if it's not written in Koran or Yajur ved, it does not exist.

I was expecting some good picture from one, like one has been illustrating one's point of view with the picture of a dog or a cat. One must have forgotten. Right? Please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
One is very smart! Isn't one? Please
Regards
Jaya has a very good point, but you didn't understand it, did you?

Just because SNOW is not mentioned in the Koran does not mean that snow does not exist.
same as ... Just because Reincarnation may not (and besides that, it is mentioned) be mentioned on the Vedas does not mean REINCARNATION does not exist.

Maybe next lifetime you'll believe it.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it an acknowledgement from one that one of the core tenets of Hinduism is not mentioned in Yajurveda? Isn't it strange!?
Ahimsa is not mentioned in Yajurveda, now Reinkarnation is not mentioned in Yajurveda. Right? Please
This tenet seems to be also invented in Post-Vedic period. Was the Post-Vedic period very fertile for new ideas/discoveries/inventions? Please
Regards
First of all Samsara (endless cycle of death and rebirth) isn't a core tenet of Hinduism. And secondly Hindus don't live and die by scripture. We figure out our own ****. Not lazily rely on an ancient book to tell us how to think. Thirdly it does mention it. So again the hell is your point?

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
I was expecting some good picture from one, like one has been illustrating one's point of view with the picture of a dog or a cat

Well if you insist, sir, I must oblige

giphy.gif

Aum Namah Shivaya

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Dear VinayakaJi

It's a metaphor.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
First of all Samsara (endless cycle of death and rebirth) isn't a core tenet of Hinduism. And secondly Hindus don't live and die by scripture. We figure out our own ****. Not lazily rely on an ancient book to tell us how to think. Thirdly it does mention it. So again the hell is your point?

Basic beliefs of Hinduism
  • Belief in Soul
  • Belief in Karma
  • Belief in reincarnation
http://hinduismfacts.org/basic-beliefs-of-hinduism/
So, you don't believe in "Reincarnation". OK.
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Basic beliefs of Hinduism
  • Belief in Soul
  • Belief in Karma
  • Belief in reincarnation
http://hinduismfacts.org/basic-beliefs-of-hinduism/
So, you don't believe in "Reincarnation". OK.
Regards

There is no belief in Hinduism that 100% of Hindus believe in. Some don't believe in soul. Some don't believe in God. Some don't believe in reincarnation, and the list goes on.

I'll make a guess as to what percentages believe in these 3, but it's only a guess. We can't survey all Hindus. Hinduism is like Africa in it's vastness. What can we say about Africans, other than 'they're Africans' that would apply to all Africans. Hinduism's vastness is comparable.

My guesses:

Soul ... 70 - 90% but the definition of 'soul' varies from sect to sect, school to school
Karma ... 80% - 95% , but the understanding of karma varies from sect to sect, school to school, person to person.
Reincarnation - 70% - 95%, but the understanding of reincarnation varies widely.

Why are you so concerned about what Hindus believe? How does it impact your life?