• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does USA "trust in God" while making abortions and banning Creationism-prayers in schools?

questfortruth

Do you have a gay and abortion problem? Since you want to accentuate certain aspects of life at the expense of all others?

What I do know is God loves those people who are in a chosen gay lifestyle and want's to heal the heart of those who experienced abortions.
Tell me about abortions after birth, it means, at 10-th month. Thank you. Are they accepted by this "country of God"?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Original Sin can cause any kind of genetic illness. But in reply to all comments: people need not only the Bible, but a True Organization to it - the True Church. To gain certainty in life.
We do have an Eastern Orthodox church here in the USA. In fact they have a gathering not 30 minutes from me. I don't know if they agree with you on all these points, but maybe I'll ask sometime.

Mitty

Which God?

The Biblical God, because the USA was started by Christians. Thus, this God hates gay-problem and abortions.
But the bible says nothing at all about female homosexuality and does not condemn abortions. Indeed the bible even commands the abortions of adulteresses because of the property rights of men to ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance (Numbers 5:20-28).

epronovost

But the bible says nothing at all about female homosexuality and does not condemn abortions. Indeed the bible even commands the abortions of adulteresses because of the property rights of men to ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance (Numbers 5:20-28).

Feticide is also considered as "causing injury to a woman" not killing someone else. In Jewsih traditions, the soul entered the body with the first breath and left it with the last. Abortion was rejected by the Chruch for the same reason it rejected contraception because it would go against the idea that humans had the obligation to reproduce. It was especially important for women as it was viewed to be "their fate" to be mothers.

Curious George

Veteran Member
The God in the US is written into its Constitution, but is the "dead" god, because the gay-problem, and the abortions, and secularism are allowed.

Which God?

The Biblical God, because the USA was started by Christians.
No we don't trust in God. It is a traditional expression and that is all. A mere symbolic gesture. Like saying bless you when a person sneezes, or raising your right hand to swear an oath.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The God in the US is written into its Constitution, but is the "dead" god, because the gay-problem, and the abortions, and secularism are allowed.

Which God?

Trust in God does not translate into the fundamentalist problem of creating a Theocracy.

Bear Wild

Which God?

We do not need to trust in god in the USA. Thank Thor for that.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Which God?

The founders were liberal Christians, Deists and Quakers. Good folks.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
If it was founded by Christians we would have a theocracy right now. Not everyone was a Christian back then.

Enough, and yes likely most founding fathers rejected the concept of a theocracy. Most of the founding fathers would not be considered fundamentalists. Many were Deists.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
We do have an Eastern Orthodox church here in the USA. In fact they have a gathering not 30 minutes from me. I don't know if they agree with you on all these points, but maybe I'll ask sometime.

On paper, and amongst clergy, EOs are generally quite socially conservative. Individually, many of them (especially those in the West) are more liberal.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Which God?

Please quote the passage of the Constitution to which you are referring.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Original Sin can cause any kind of genetic illness.
So, you believe God would kill unborn babies because previous generations sinned, and you actually think that makes sense? Same with serious birth defects, I suppose?

But in reply to all comments: people need not only the Bible, but a True Organization to it - the True Church. To gain certainty in life.
Yes, the Church my wife and I belong to will likely accept you if you go through the process that the Church used almost 2000 years ago. You know, this is the same Church Jesus and the Apostles created through their appointees that continue on through today, and also the same Church that selected the canon of the Bible you use-- ya, that Church.

questfortruth

Perhaps the first question to them would be the following:
"can an idiot and a gay-hater be the Eastern Orthodox Christian?"

They: "No."

"Then what can be done?"

They: "tell us his name."

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps the first question to them would be the following:
"can an idiot and a gay-hater be the Eastern Orthodox Christian?"

They: "No."

"Then what can be done?"

They: "tell us his name."
I would not ask that way. I'd ask if they believed if love covered a multitude of sins, if they thought that all Christian must convert to orthodox etc etc. like that. I'd be very polite, because I might want to join someday.

questfortruth

I would not ask that way. I'd ask if they believed if love covered a multitude of sins, if they thought that all Christian must convert to orthodox etc etc. like that. I'd be very polite, because I might want to join someday.
Yes, we call Jesus as the Saviour.
A human in this fallen world not "must", but rather "invited", the salvation or evolution of a soul is a free gift.
Thank you.