• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this talk about the sin of lucid dreaming?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Jeremiah 29:8
King James Version

8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

Zechariah 10:2
King James Version

2 For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams; they comfort in vain: therefore they went their way as a flock, they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.

I found this at BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.
No. Personally I think that is talking about many different kinds of manipulation through speech and information control, through drugs, through other pressure scenarios. I'd include everything from cult personalities to lying through statistical presentations to paying people to manipulate voters. I'd also include other things but am just keeping this list short. Dreaming is just dreaming. You aren't hurting anybody by dreaming.

You notice it calls these people dreamers. Well, that is a direct translation but may not directly correspond to 'Dreamers' in modern language. What were these dreamers doing? Why were they important? Not everything is explained in the passage. We know what they should-have done. They should-have been honest and warned people about some things, but instead they said what they thought everyone wanted to hear. By lying and using comforting speech they caused enormous problems. Society became corrupt.

PureX

Veteran Member
I have never heard of lucid dreaming being considered a sin.

I wish it were a "sin" I could choose to engage in. I've only been able to lucid dream a couple times in my life, and it was very interesting. It's a phenomenon I wish I could explore.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What's your preference of divination? Cartomancy? Osteomancy? Geomancy?
I've mainly used Tarot in the last and runes now, which I am learning more about as I go. I would like to learn observing the behavior of animals (like the flight of birds) for divination purposes.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've mainly used Tarot in the last and runes now, which I am learning more about as I go. I would like to learn observing the behavior of animals (like the flight of birds) for divination purposes.

Awesome! One of these days I might look into animal oracularship, never thought about that before.

Clara Tea

King James Version

8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

King James Version

2 For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams; they comfort in vain: therefore they went their way as a flock, they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.

I found this at BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Florida governor, Jeb Bush (brother of President W. Bush), said that he talked to God and God promised that Florida would not be hit by a hurricane. Then Florida was hit by a hurricane. Governor Jeb Bush was a false prophet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2016/01/07/decidersbush/

Jeb lied about eliminating affirmative action (source above).

Prior to President W. Bush declaring war on Iraq, God sent divine prophecy to many of the world's best psychics that He (God) commanded that Iraq not be attacked. This is the same warning that God sent Saint John the Divine, when he wrote Revelation (a chapter of the bible). But, this was God's last hope that humans would heed his command and not defy him. Since the modern prophets of God said nothing more and nothing less than the words of Revelation, with slight clarification, so they could not possibly be false.

Satan makes wars and torture camps, and rules by greed, deception, and fear, and often Satan boasts that he is doing God's work.

President W. Bush tried to scare us into agreeing with the violent wars, using phony Orange alerts that were not issued by Tom Ridge (according to his interview with Paula Zahn, the Orange alerts came from higher up, and the only ones higher than Ridge were W. Bush and Cheney.

Satan makes a blood trail of wars and torture camps. Yet, W. Bush said that he was "fighting evil" and he bore false witness against several nations, calling them the "Axis of Evil." God, remember, said "thou shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek."

Clara Tea

Awesome! One of these days I might look into animal oracularship, never thought about that before.

When a tsunami is about to hit, animals stampede away from shore and go to higher ground. Do they realize why the ocean receded? Do they hear noises from distant parts of the ocean that scare them? Or, do they have some kind of ESP?

Animals seem to instinctively know things. But, I have a problem letting an animal run my life.

How Nancy Reagan let her astrologer control the presidency

President Ronald Reagan believed in psychics, and funded the occult research of the CIA's project MKULTRA. Reagan would take off whole days to consult his psychic, and would not make a move that was not approved by his psychic. Reagan wasn't really the president of the United States, his psychic was. (Source above).

Maybe Reagan's psychic was responsible for the Iran Contra scandal of Reagan and Vice President George Bush, in which they supported a ruthless Contra dictator of Nicaragua, sold counterfeit US currency and narcotics in the United States and abroad, and gave counterfeit Russia munitions to support the dictatorship of Iraq behind the backs of Congress and American voters?

Clara Tea

Try to pray for God and Jesus to enter my dreams.:)
There is occultism from God, and there is occultism from Satan. At Yale's Skull and Bones Satanic cult, Prescott Bush stole the skeleton of the famous Indian chief, Geronimo, so they could do Satanic rituals with it. His son, President GHW Bush, was also a member of the Satanic cult, Skull and Bones, and they stirred cauldrons of unspeakable filth (eye of newt, toe of frog, etc). President W. Bush (his son) was also a member of the Satanic cult, Skull and Bones, and he, too, practiced Satanic rituals, until feigning Christianity to win elections. Perhaps W. Bush truly believed in Jesus when he was counciled by Reverend Billy Graham to accept God to get off of his heavy narcotics addiction?

Bush leaves specifics of his faith to speculation

W. Bush said: "Graham's words planted the "mustard seed in my soul" that eventually led to a decision to "recommit my heart to Jesus Christ,"" (source above).

How born-again George became a man on a mission

"Since taking office, Mr Bush has steered away from claims of being a vehicle for divine power, but there have been lapses. Last year, he reportedly told an Amish group in Pennsylvania: "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."" (source above).

Maybe it was God who told W. Bush to kill all those Iraqis who were innocent of terrorism? Did God also approve torture camps in Guantanamo and around the world?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Lucid dreaming is the ability to consciously observe and/or control your dreams.:)While when your having a normal dream.This doesn't happen.:)
Actually any dream where you're aware that you're dreaming is considered a lucid dream:

https://search.brave.com/search?q=definition+of+lucid+dreaming&source=android

Had one this morning, coincidentally.

Funny the things that tip you off that you dreaming: in my dream this morning the thing that made me aware that I was dreaming was that I was about to get on a train, but I couldn't remember where I was supposed to get off to make my next connection.

So I tried to remember where I usually get off, and I suddenly realized there was no "usually" because I'd never been on this train before. For that matter I'd never been at that station before, and had no idea where I was.

For a brief moment I wondered if I had come down with dementia, but then I realized, "No! that's not it! I can't remember any of this because it's not real! I'm dreaming"!

My next thought was, "Cool! That means I can make anything happen that I want to happen!" But I've had plenty of lucid dreams before and I know it doesn't work that way. :p

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some dreams are from God even to sinners, like the dream the king over Joseph received.

Most people (even the worst sinners) can tell if from God or from Iblis IF THEY WANT TO. The diviners and soothsayers have mixed the devil in their worship of God and so don't care to distinguish, they trust the demonic race all together.

The sword of God and holy spirit and power of God is with every soul, but soothsayers and diviners and sorcerers and jinn worshippers, don't distinguish that from the fake swords and harmful spirits.

They don't seek what has clear proof from God in terms of guidance but rather want to see themselves as representing gods/universe/spirits and hence, go easy way in into spirituality.

If God allows demonic influence, he also also influence from himself through the holy spirit and his light.

Every soul has to distinguish between God's Name and false spirits and the light of God vs the dark magic.

syo

King James Version

King James Version

It's against prophets and diviners that aren't Godsent.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
King James Version

King James Version

No, they don't. There is no mention in the Bible about lucid dreaming.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
King James Version

King James Version

These verses say absolutely nothing about lucid dreaming. They do not say it is a sin, nor do they say you should try to do it. They say nothing about it at all. Divination is a whole different thing from lucid dreaming.