• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does This Political Cartoon Have It Right?

esmith

Veteran Member
Title of the thread self-explanatory

Poor Bernie.jpg

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Title of the thread self-explanatory

View attachment 37416

I think I would show a populist wave on a shoreline. The idea being the Democrats pushing Bernie towards a populist wave to see if he'll float.

The Democrats like to complain about Trump but they sure like to copy his campaign strategy.

Maybe this is good. Maybe this is showing the American public is finally getting fed up with the same old two parties.

Trump was the anti-establishment candidate for the right and Sanders is the anti-establishment candidate for the left.

epronovost

I personnaly don't think it's accurate. From what info I have, Bernie Sanders is popular and is winning pretty every single polls against Trump. These are good signs that he is doing well going down a cliff. Bernie Sanders key promises like his "Medicaid for All" seems very popular in opinion polls despite its cost and difficulty. The Democratic Party establishment doesn't like him at all, but they certainly love his popularity with their base and even some independant who aren't hot on neoliberalism which Sanders has criticised and opposed a lot.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I personnaly don't think it's accurate. From what info I have, Bernie Sanders is popular and is winning pretty every single polls against Trump. These are good signs that he is doing well going down a cliff. Bernie Sanders key promises like his "Medicaid for All" seems very popular in opinion polls despite its cost and difficulty. The Democratic Party establishment doesn't like him at all, but they certainly love his popularity with their base and even some independant who aren't hot on neoliberalism which Sanders has criticised and opposed a lot.

Can't rely on the polls. If you go up to someone and ask their opinion, they are happy to give it. Doesn't mean they will actually vote.

epronovost

Can't rely on the polls. If you go up to someone and ask their opinion, they are happy to give it. Doesn't mean they will actually vote.

Polls can be used to assess the popularity and efficiency of a candidate's platform and campaign. It's not a perfect measure and they are sometime wrong, but they are miles better than gut feelings. From any info we can use to "divine" how well Sanders would be doing against Trump, he comes off ahead and sometimes even by a large margin. The caricature in the OP is more a statement of belief more than a clever rational insight.