• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Qur'an say anything about education?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Again, relying on translations, here is the Arabic: وَبِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَدْرُسُونَ
We all know how imprecise Arabic is. However, it is just a coincidence that all those fluent Arabic speaking, Muslim scholars translated it wrongly? Was it Iblis' dark magic again? Are you the only person who can translate the Quran accurately?
:tearsofjoy:

KWED

He maybe on the verge of accepting. When I was non-Muslim I would argue stubbornly and not accept. The seeds are going to grow. He just needs to solve more issues.

Why is he not arguing about Soothsaying messengers and their books from their Angels. It's because he believes deep inside Islam has a better case then them, and is devoting his time, to solve issues in a religion that is higher in his eyes.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
As I have said before, you are clinically deluded. Get help.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We all know how imprecise Arabic is. However, it is just a coincidence that all those fluent Arabic speaking, Muslim scholars translated it wrongly? Was it Iblis' dark magic again? Are you the only person who can translate the Quran accurately?
:tearsofjoy:

Maybe it is more evidence for that now, ay?

Look up the Arabic, you can look each word if you like.

KWED

Dude, you are wasting your time with this guy. His mind is already made up lol. Have fun though :D
Does that mean you are unable (sorry, "cba" :tearsofjoy:) to respond to my points?
Don't worry, you aren't the first and won't be the last.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

KWED

Maybe it is more evidence for that now, ay?

Look up the Arabic, you can look each word if you like.
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 18.43.01.png

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"It is not for a human [prophet] that Allah should give him the Scripture and authority and prophethood and then he would say to the people, "Be servants to me rather than Allah ," but [instead, he would say], "Be pious scholars of the Lord because of what you have taught of the Scripture and because of what you have studied." Sahih International.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
(it) is not there...

For it to be there, it should be "hu" at the end of it

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you high? Most of those refer to "the book" or "Scripture" and "studying IT" or studying "THEREOF".

Okay I will list them, if even if you are right about most, a lot have it as I translated.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Generally Accepted Translations of the Meaning
Muhammad Asad
It is not conceivable that a human being unto whom God had granted revelation, and sound judgment, and prophethood, should thereafter have said unto people, "Worship me beside God"; but rather [did he exhort them], "Become men of God by spreading the knowledge of the divine writ, and by your own deep study [thereof]."

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
M. M. Pickthall
ir

It is not (possible) for any human being unto whom Allah had given the Scripture and wisdom and the prophethood that he should afterwards have said unto mankind: Be slaves of me instead of Allah; but (what he said was): Be ye faithful servants of the Lord by virtue of your constant teaching of the Scripture and of your constant study thereof

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Safi Kaskas
It is inconceivable that a man could have been given the Book, Wisdom and Prophecy by God and then have told people, "Worship me instead of God," rather than, "Be godly teachers because of what you were taught from the Book and because of what you have studied."
Wahiduddin Khan
ir

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Study Quran
It is not for any human being, God having given him the Book, judgment, and prophethood, to then say to the people, “Be servants of me instead of God.” Rather, “Be sages, from having taught the Book and from having studied.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Talal A. Itani (new translation)
No person to whom God has given the Scripture, and wisdom, and prophethood would ever say to the people, 'Be my worshipers rather than God's.' Rather, 'Be people of the Lord, according to the Scripture you teach, and the teachings you learn.'

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[The Monotheist Group] (2011 Edition)
ir

It is not for a human that God would give him the Scripture and the authority and the prophethood, then he would say to the people: "Be servants to me rather than God!", rather: "Be devotees for what you have been taught of the Scripture, and for what you studied."

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Alright so I am going to stop, but it's about 50 50 or one is more then the other... but I know from the Arabic the "it" is not there, it's a meaning thing, they are assuming the context means it is "by what (ie. the scripture) you study" but the Arabic says "by what you study". I am 100% sure, but, of course, you don't trust me which is okay.