• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Quran have any prophecies that have come true?

Is God's name Jehovah?

• Total voters

Anto

The Christian Bible has loads of prophecies that have been fulfilled, but does Islam/ other religions also have prophecies that have been fulfilled?

I love that they neatly set out the following criteria and then shamelessly ignore them for the rest of the article:D

“Some criteria are needed in order to distinguish cases of lucky guesses from those of true prophecy. Let us define a genuine prophecy as one that satisfies the following five criteria:

1. The prophecy must be clear, and it must contain sufficient detail to make its fulfillment by a wide variety of possible events unlikely.
  2. The event that can fulfill the prophecy must be unusual or unique.
  3. The prophecy must be known to have been made before the event that is supposed to be its fulfillment.
  4. The event foretold must not be of the sort that could be the result of an educated guess.
  5. The event that fulfills the prophecy cannot be staged, or the relevant circumstances manipulated, by those aware of the prophecy in such a way as to intentionally cause the prophecy to be fulfilled.”

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When you actually read the list the items listed are truly amusing. Loved the one about extra-terrestrials. :rolleyes:

"Having discourse with aliens is still an unrealized dream, but science is progressing in that direction. The presence of extra-terrestrial life has been proved by scientists. The next step is to see them and making a link with them. No religious scripture, except Quran, even hints about this great scientific discovery."

I must have missed that bit of news from the scientific community. The rest is similar rubbish, really.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I love that they neatly set out the following criteria and then shamelessly ignore them for the rest of the article:D

“Some criteria are needed in order to distinguish cases of lucky guesses from those of true prophecy. Let us define a genuine prophecy as one that satisfies the following five criteria:

1. The prophecy must be clear, and it must contain sufficient detail to make its fulfillment by a wide variety of possible events unlikely.
  2. The event that can fulfill the prophecy must be unusual or unique.
  3. The prophecy must be known to have been made before the event that is supposed to be its fulfillment.
  4. The event foretold must not be of the sort that could be the result of an educated guess.
  5. The event that fulfills the prophecy cannot be staged, or the relevant circumstances manipulated, by those aware of the prophecy in such a way as to intentionally cause the prophecy to be fulfilled.”
Yep. Why wouldn't an all knowing god simply say "finger tips" instead of "skins". A tiny bit dubious a claim to imply the quote means what they say.

hen you actually read the list the items listed are truly amusing.

New Transport Systems
“And when the she-camels, ten months pregnant are abandoned.” (81:5)“And He has created horses and mules and asses that you may ride them, and as a source of beauty. And He will create what you do not yet know.” (16:9)

As we know people, specially those living in deserts, have now abandoned camels and other animals for travelling. But this prophecy of invention and emergence of new transport systems is on-going as we witness new and faster modes of transportation emerging all the time.

So basically, it was prophesied that new stuff will be invented in the future and new stuff was indeed invented in the future. It's a miracle!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So basically, it was prophesied that new stuff will be invented in the future and new stuff was indeed invented in the future. It's a miracle!
Pretty thin prophetic gruel. That the writer would think to include it is very informative. Ah, the sound of desperation.

arthra

Baha'i
The Christian Bible has loads of prophecies that have been fulfilled, but does Islam/ other religions also have prophecies that have been fulfilled?
One that occurs to me is in Surih Ar Rum in the first verses of the Surih which I have cited below... The Persians had routed the Byzantines and the "neighboring land" likely refers to the region of Syria. The verse suggests within a few years the "Romans"- Byzantines will be victorious.

[1-6] Alif. Lam. Mim. The Romans have been overcome in the neighboring land,1 and within a few years after their defeat, they shall be victorious. Allah's is the authority before as well as afterwards.2 And it will be the day when the believers will rejoice in the victory granted by Allah.3 Allah helps whomsoever He wills: He is the All-Mighty, the All-Merciful. This is Allah's promise: Allah never breaks His promise; but most people do not know.

index_html_614b7ae0.jpg

"In 626 the Persians advanced to the Bosporus, hoping to join the Avars in an assault on the land walls of Constantinople. But the Romans sank the primitive Avar fleet that was to transport Persian units across the Bosporus and repelled the unsupported Avar assault. Heraclius again invaded Persia and in December 627, after a march across the Armenian highlands into the Tigris plain, met the Persians near the ruins of Nineveh. There, astride his renowned war-horse, he killed three Persian generals in single combat, charged into enemy ranks at the head of his troops, killed the Persian commander, and scattered the Persian host."

More details:
Heraclius | Byzantine emperor

DennisTate

Yes.. I do believe that one important one is being fulfilled at this time.......

ISLAM IN SCIENCE/BIBLE/HISTORY:

Book 005, Number 2208:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour will not come before wealth becomes abundant and overflowing, so much so that a man takes Zakat out of his property and cannot find anyone to accept it from him and till the land of Arabia becomes meadows and rivers.
SAHIH MUSLIM, BOOK 25: The Book on General Behaviour (Kitab Al-Adab)

The Sahara Forest Project...and saving New Orleans and Florida from rising oceans!

Did you know that there is an Islamic prophecy that the Islamic desert regions would be turned green in the latter days?????

This topic is of special interest to me because I live about a hundred miles from the Bay of Fundy. I live five kms from the ocean on the eastern part of Nova Scotia. In my area the difference between low tide to high tide is about one meter! The land form of the Bay of Fundy has a funnelling effect on tidal waters and so parts of the Fundy have a difference of fifteen to seventeen meters between low to high tide!

The question on my mind would be if ocean levels were to rise about thirty centimeters in my part of Nova Scotia, would they rise by four or five meters along parts of the Fundy????

There are 143,000 acres of farmland taken back from the Fundy by dikes that are probably in the position of the proverbial canary in a coal mine in relation to rising ocean levels!

Every cubic meter of H2O added to the water table of nations in the Middle EAst will NOT be on top of New Orleans, Florida, Holland, Bangladesh or those 143,000 acres along the Fundy!!!!!

I felt a huge sense of relief when I first heard about The Sahara Forest Project!