• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Quran contradict itself

Eyasha

21:30 vs 41:11
It seems contradictory to me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 565

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
21:30 vs 41:11
It seems contradictory to me

I give below both the verses with the verses in the context( five preceding and five following verses):

[21:26]And We sent no Messenger before thee but We revealed to him,saying, ‘There is no God but I; so worship Mealone.’
[21:27]And they say, ‘The GraciousGodhas taken to Himself a son.’ Holy is He. Nay, they areonlyhonoured servants.
[21:28]They speak not before He speaks, and they actonlyby His command.
[21:29]He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they intercede not except for him whom He approves, and they act cautiously for fear of Him.
[21:30]And whosoever of them should say, ‘I am a God beside Him,’ him shall We requite with Hell. Thus do We requite the wrongdoers.
[21:31]Do not the disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth wereaclosed-upmass, then We opened them out? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
[21:32]And We have made in the earth firm mountains lest it should quake with them; and We have made therein wide pathways, that they may be rightly guided.
[21:33]And We have made the heaven a roof, well protected; yet they turn away from its Signs.
[21:34]And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each gliding along initsorbit.
[21:35]We granted not everlasting life to any human being before thee. If then thou shouldst die, shall they liveherefor ever?

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

[41:6]And they say: ‘Our hearts are under coversand are protectedagainst that to which thou callest us, and in our ears there is a deafness, and between us and thee there is a screen. So carry on thy work; wetooare working.’
[41:7]Say, ‘I am only a man like you. It is revealed to me that your God is One God; so go ye straight to Himwithout deviating, and ask forgiveness of Him.’ And woe to the idolaters,
[41:8]Who give not the Zakat, and they it is who deny the Hereafter.
[41:9]As tothose who believe and do good works, they will surely have a reward that will never end.
[41:10]Say: ‘Do you really disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two days? And do you set up equals to Him?’ That is the Lord of the worlds.
[41:11]He placed therein firm mountains rising above itssurface, and blessed itwith abundance, and provided therein its foods in proper measure in four days — alike forallseekers.
[41:12]Then He turned to the heaven while it wassomething likesmoke, and said to it and to the earth: ‘Come ye both of you, willingly or unwillingly.’ They said, ‘We come willingly.’
[41:13]So He completed them into seven heavens in two days, and He revealed to each heaven its function. And We adorned the lowest heaven with lampsfor lightand for protection. That is the decree of the Mighty, the All-Knowing.
[41:14]But if they turn away, then say: ‘I warn you of a destructive punishment like the punishment whichovertook‘Ad and Thamud.’
[41:15]When their Messengers came to them from before them and behind them,saying: ‘Worship none but Allah,’ they said: ‘If our Lord hadsowilled, He would have certainly sent down angels. So we do disbelieve in that with which you have been sent.’
[41:16]As for ‘Ad, they behaved arrogantly in the earth without any justification and said, ‘Who is mightier than we in power?’ Do they not see that Allah, Who created them, is mightier than they in power? Still they continued to deny Our Signs.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=41&verse=11
A verse is best understood from the verses in the context.
Now please prove your viewpoint.

Regards

Eyasha

[41:10]Say: ‘Do you really disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two days? And do you set up equals to Him?’ That is the Lord of the worlds.
Ok so the earth was created in 2 days

[41:12]Then He turned to the heaven while it wassomething likesmoke, and said to it and to the earth: ‘Come ye both of you, willingly or unwillingly.’ They said, ‘We come willingly.’
[41:13]So He completed them into seven heavens in two days, and He revealed to each heaven its function. And We adorned the lowest heaven with lampsfor lightand for protection. That is the decree of the Mighty, the All-Knowing.

And then turned to the heavens (the universe) and organised it in 2 days??

Sounds like whoever wrote this had a seventh century mindset and was not aware of the magnitude of our universe.
Also the fact that many star clusters are billions of years older then earth itself means that the universe existed long before earth and even longer before life let alone humanity
There is many obvious scientific errors and contradictions in the Quran and if Mohammad did receive a message from a more evolved form of existence
It has been corrupted along with other religions, just by different people. He was illiterate wasn't he?
Islam is now 80%political and has been destroyed
I agree that everything is connected through a Devine presence of energy and we as humanity need to find inner peace and unite as one now before it's to late....new world order is coming

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Does the sun rise or does it set, in reality? It doesn't. It is only proverbial to say that it rises and sets and a day is mentioned for convenience of day-to-day life. If you are talking in terms of science then in space there is no time and there is no day. We get such expressions as "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIME"
“Scientists suggest spacetime has no time dimension”.

Regards

Eyasha

If you would have pondered a little, you would have found no contradiction there.
Is there even a day in the Universe? Please
Regards
Oh I pondered and I'm glad you mentioned a day in the universe because I did consider that, I thought wouldn't the all knowing Allah have a different concept of time then us, but the fact is even if a day is different In The universe as time is something our existence is limited to the fact of the matter is it still took the same amount of time to create the earth as it did to organise a universe? Did the all mighty have no idea of the scale or was it simply a man giving his views who gained followers and political power who claimed to be given a direct message from Allah

Eyasha

Does the sun rise or does it set, in reality? It doesn't. It is only proverbial to say that it rises and sets and a day is mentioned for convenience of day-to-day life. If you are talking in terms of science then in space there is no time and there is no day. We get such expressions as "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIME"
“Scientists suggest spacetime has no time dimension”.

Regards
Yes I understand
I Beleive time is a concept we have created for this form of existence, but all knowing Allah would surly be aware of our existence and the evolution of the human brain and our concept of time, yet the message says 2 days and it's the same for the entire universe which was here for billions of years before earth

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I don't agree with your thoughts.
Quran is not a book of science, primarily, it does not claim to be so. it deals in the ethical, moral and spiritual domains and it is quite clear in the context of the verses that spiritual matters are being discussed in it and earth and universe have been mentioned only in a passing way. No humans exited at the time when universe and earth was created so time scale is different when the creation began than it is now on earth.

Regrds

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes I understand
I Beleive time is a concept we have created for this form of existence, but all knowing Allah would surly be aware of our existence and the evolution of the human brain and our concept of time, yet the message says 2 days and it's the same for the entire universe which was here for billions of years before earth

When creation of universe and or earth is discussed those who belong to science they as a matter of course get to the mode of space time, instead of the Earth time.
Quran mentions elsewhere in it that G-d’s day :
[22:48]And they ask thee to hasten on punishment, but Allah will never break His promise. And verily, a day with thy Lord is as a thousand years of your reckoning.
Or
[70:5]The angels and the Spirit ascend to Him in a day the measure of which is fifty thousand years.
Or one should understand; this would be relative to the phenomenon being discussed.
A day is a period of any length with a beginning and an ending.
Right?
Regards

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Remember when in reading the q'uran that Muhammad could not read or write.

Muhammad had his wife read and write for him. Would it not be that Muhammad wife knew how treated women and herself. That in retaliation she would read and write what she wanted to. Knowing Muhammad could not read or write.

Is there any wonder why so many contradictions in the q'uran.

In the q'uran it is stated that Allah is all powerful.
But yet Allah could not help his messenger, Muhammad to read or write.
What's that all about. Go Figure.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare

Muhammad had his wife read and write for him. Would it not be that Muhammad wife knew how treated women and herself. That in retaliation she would read and write what she wanted to. Knowing Muhammad could not read or write.

Go Figure.

That's low, placing the blame on a woman.

Faithofchristian

That's low, placing the blame on a woman.

It's the truth, Muhammad could not read or write, but had his wife to read and write for him.
Could it not be that his wife knew how muhammad treated women and herself. And to retaliate against Muhammad she only read and Written what she wanted and not what Muhammad wanted.
How would Muhammad know, seeing Muhammad could not read or write.
Go Figure.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
It's the truth, Muhammad could not read or write, but had his wife to read and write for him.
Could it not be that his wife knew how muhammad treated women and herself. And to retaliate against Muhammad she only read and Written what she wanted and not what Muhammad wanted.
How would Muhammad know, seeing Muhammad could not read or write.
Go Figure.

It kind of explains why Muslims place women so low on the ladder, especially if the male founder of the religion had to depend on a woman to create thus religion.

Sad. Primitive men and their egos.

Faithofchristian

It kind of explains why Muslims place women so low on the ladder, especially if the male founder of the religion had to depend on a woman to create thus religion.

Sad. Primitive men and their egos.

If you look at it, it's not putting the blame on a woman
Muhammad wife had to know, how muhammad treated women and herself. So why would she not read and write only what she wanted and not what Muhammad wanted.
Seeing Muhammad could not read or write. How would Muhammad know. What his wife is reading and writing. Maybe that's why so many contradictions her way of getting back at Muhammad. Pay back time.

In the q'uran it is said that Allah is all powerful, but yet Allah could not help his messenger Muhammad to read and write.
What's up with all that Go Figure.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

It's not Q'uran contradicts it's self.
It's Muhammad wife that contradicts Muhammad.

Muhammad could not read or write
Muhammad had his wife to read and write for him.

So muhammad wife contradicted Muhammad
Wife Written down what she wanted, muhammad not know, Muhammad could read so how would muhammad know what wife Written down. Go Figure

Faithofchristian

Ok so the earth was created in 2 days

And then turned to the heavens (the universe) and organised it in 2 days??

Sounds like whoever wrote this had a seventh century mindset and was not aware of the magnitude of our universe.
Also the fact that many star clusters are billions of years older then earth itself means that the universe existed long before earth and even longer before life let alone humanity
There is many obvious scientific errors and contradictions in the Quran and if Mohammad did receive a message from a more evolved form of existence
It has been corrupted along with other religions, just by different people. He was illiterate wasn't he?
Islam is now 80%political and has been destroyed
I agree that everything is connected through a Devine presence of energy and we as humanity need to find inner peace and unite as one now before it's to late....new world order is coming

If I may ask, as to where is it written that the earth as being created in two days.

The earth was already here long before God started to create anything on the earth in those 6 days of creation.

If you notice in Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Note there is nothing being said when God created the heaven and Earth. Only in the beginning, when ever that was.

Notice after the earth there's a period indicating that nothing more to be said or done.
Then the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. So therefore the earth being already here and covered with water.

Quran mentions that the believers do ponder over the Universe around them which increases their faith in the Creator. The Creator is the original designer and maker of the Universe. As believers discover more and more about this Universe, their awe and appreciation for its splendor, its immaculate design and balance, its complexity and its immense power, increases and they can appreciate more the absolute wisdom, knowledge and power of the Creator. The parameters of the Cosmos are so meticulously designed that even if one factor or physical property of the matter and energy had differed an iota, the whole Universe would have crashed. This extreme care to perfection leads the believers to believe that this is all by the design of the most intelligent being whom people of all religions call the Creator. The link to below post reviews the verses related to creation and sequence of creation of Universe.

Creation of Skies and the Earth

spirit_of_dawn

Oh I pondered and I'm glad you mentioned a day in the universe because I did consider that, I thought wouldn't the all knowing Allah have a different concept of time then us, but the fact is even if a day is different In The universe as time is something our existence is limited to the fact of the matter is it still took the same amount of time to create the earth as it did to organise a universe? Did the all mighty have no idea of the scale or was it simply a man giving his views who gained followers and political power who claimed to be given a direct message from Allah

Day or 'yaum' in Arabic refers to a period of time. God created the earth in 2 periods and the universe in 2 periods. Now did you see anywhere in those verses about these 2 periods of time being equal? Because I didn't.

spirit_of_dawn

In the q'uran it is stated that Allah is all powerful.
But yet Allah could not help his messenger, Muhammad to read or write.
What's that all about. Go Figure.

1- Muhammad's wife didn't read or write for him.

2- Muhammad was never schooled but he knew how to read or write. Yet he didn't write the Quran when it was being revealed to him. He would recite it and others would write it down.