• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Bible mention Islam?

Is Islam mentioned in the Bible

• Total voters

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The three essentials for establishing the credentials of a true prophet, as given through Moses, were: The true prophet would speak in Jehovah’s name; the things foretold would come to pass (Deuteronomy 18:20-22); and his prophesying must promote true worship, being in harmony with God’s revealed word and commandments. (Deuteronomy 13:1-4)

On those grounds the Jews reject Christ. We need to take into account a new Covenant that could deviate froma more rigid interpretation of Mosaic law.

The last requirement was probably the most vital and decisive, for an individual might hypocritically use God’s name, and by coincidence, his prediction might see fulfillment. But the true prophet was not solely or even primarily a prognosticator, as has been shown. Rather, he was an advocate of righteousness, and his message dealt primarily with moral standards and their application. He expressed God’s mind on matters. (Isa 1:10-20; Mic 6:1-12)

So did any prophet except Israel's, speak in the name of YHWH?
Abrahamic religions tend to avoid the use of God's name which includes Jews, Muslims and Christians......and so do any others who see that they have a horse in this race. God would only allow his own to bear his name.

Your fundamental problem is being locked into a Judeo-Christian worldview mindset that is similar to the mindset the Jews have that prevents them from recognising Christ.

Did the things foretold come true in the setting that God foretold?

Israel's prophets were accurate within the context in which they were given. God never once endorsed false worship, but warned his people in the strongest possible terms that they were NOT to associate with those who worshipped other gods or who believed contrary to his written word.

Another basic problem is to equate Islam with pagan worship. Muhammad moved His people away from paganism to strict monotheism. Both Moses and Muhammad emphased strongly the importance of avoiding paganism.

Did the things prophesied promote true worship?

Muslims pray to Allah five times a day. I'd say its more than the average Christian prays.

Jesus was the "Logos" or God's spokesman.....but the "word of God" was also scripture (John 17:15-17).....which was the written record of God's dealing with just one nation.....Israel. There is no place for Ishmael or Mohammad or Islam to feature in the Biblical scenario, or for any other prophet to be sent after Jesus (Hebrews 1:1-4)......except as the false worship that God warned his people not to follow. God has not sent a whole lot of different prophets into the world with all different messages.....that would not consistent with him being a "God of order". It would just be very confusing. There is one truth....just one......and its up to us to find it.
Jesus said that "few" are on the right track, so you can't go by numbers. (Matthew 7:13-14)

Muhammad like Christ brought a New Covenant that eclipsed the old. The signs that heralded the coming of Christ also accompanied the advent of Islam.

The voice of one crying in the wilderness: "Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Isaiah 40:3-5

Although this verse refers to John the Baptist it is also applicable to Muhammad. In the Quran 1:6-7 it is said:

"Guide us to the straight path: the path of those You have blessed; not of those who have incurred Your wrath, nor of those who have gone astray."

Further Muslims refer to...

"God will come from the south, and the holy one from mount Pharan: His glory covered the heavens, and the earth is full of his praise." Habakkuk 3:3

Since there is no connection between Jesus and Mount Paran "the Mount of Ishmael", Muslims argue that the "holy one" in this verse is Muhammad.They often interpret the Coming of God from the south of Palestine as a reference to the cradle of Islam in the West Coast of Arabia.

There are no prophets of God who spoke in the name of a foreign deity. All of the prophets from the time of Moses were Jewish.....not Islamic. The promises were made to Abraham and his seed....Isaac, Jacob and the tribes of Israel that descended from them. Jesus was Jewish....Islam has no place in God's arrangement. There were to be no other prophets after Jesus (Hebrews 1:1-4).....there was no need because "knowledge" of the complete word of God would become available to all in "the time of the end". Only then would all the prophesies in the whole Bible, make sense to a people 'cleansed, whitened and refined' at that time, prepared for the return of the Master. (Daniel 12:4; 9-10; Matthew 24:42-44)

There is no foreign deity. There is One G-d who rules over the earth supreme. The Quran mentions 50 biblical characters. The story of the Quran is simply a continuation the story in the Bible with the same G-d.

Biblical and Quranic narratives - Wikipedia

The G-d of the Quran is the same G-d in the Bible.

God in Islam - Wikipedia

While Christ emphasised looking out for false prophets, so too must we recognise the genuine prophets of G-d. False prophets were of particular concern during the period of intense Messianic expectation around Christ's advent. There were a few contenders including Simon bar Kokhba who was probably the quintessential false prophet for the Jews.

Simon bar Kokhba - Wikipedia

List of Jewish messiah claimants - Wikipedia

The other reason to emphasise false prophets was simply Jesus had already come and none other was required. It was for that reason Jesus comforted His disciples in the week leading to His crucifixion reminding them He was the promised One (John 14:6).

He also promised a comforter who would speak to them of all things.

John 14:16-17:
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you."

John, 15:26:
"When the Advocate (Paraclete) is come whom I will send to you from the Father's presence--the Spirit of Truth who comes forth from the Father's presence--He will be a witness concerning me."

John, 16:7:
"Nevertheless, I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

John, 16:12-14:
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me."

Many Muslim writers have argued that “another Paraclete” (John 14:16), the first being Jesus refers to Muhammad. The word "Paraclete" could be applied also to Jesus himself as in 1 John 2:1.

This claim is based on the Quran 61:6
And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You would think that if a book such as the Bible has significant prophetic content it would mention Islam if it were a true religion from G-d. Even if it were a false religion, wouldn't it get a mention? Lets consider the facts that I hope we can all agree on. The Bible was written by multiple authors over a one thousand year period give or take a few centuries. We have a span of history going back to Adam (if he really existed) and ending with the book of revelation. Over the last 1,900 years since the book of Revelations was written we have the emergence of two major world religions, Christianity and Islam. Research has indicated the number of Muslims in the world is set to exceed the number of Christians in about 50 years.

Why Muslims are the world’s fastest-growing religious group

So if the Tanakh and New Testament are truly prophetic and from G-d why wouldn't these books mention other religions from G-d? Both Islam and Christianity are religions from G-d are they not?

Of course we probably won't agree on 'facts'. Perhaps we won't agree on anything and the best we can do is agree to disagree. But in the interim this is in the religious debates section. So is Islam mentioned in the bible? Why or why not?

That's what our relation with God should be, submission and peace

Job 22:21
“Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.

Thomas Anderson

Hi! Im new here. The beast from the desert/earth can be interpreted as prophet Muhammad/Islam whereas the beast from the sea is Rome of the mediterranean. There are also 666 miles between Jerusalem and Mecca. Mecca also sit on 7 hills, as does Jerusalem (originally) . Some say the Vatican created Islam.
Islam needs reformation, but it doesn`t happen because of the Al-Azhar university in Kairo. Medieval.

Humanism, philosophy, ontology, apologetics, spirit-science, fallen angels, 5000 pre-islamic christian manuscripts about Jesus, and near death experiences of muslims meeting Christ made me turn away from Islam. I love muslims very much. If only the Christians were as devoted as they are. I compiled some of my articles on Islam into a book.

Not to say there isn`t good stuff in Islam. Pray 5 times each day. Wash your feet, and hands before you pray
etc.

Here is a ¨book¨ on Islam. https://masonicministries.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/te-2018-islam2.pdf
Lol. Al-Uzza is cool though.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hi! Im new here. The beast from the desert/earth can be interpreted as prophet Muhammad/Islam whereas the beast from the sea is Rome of the mediterranean. There are also 666 miles between Jerusalem and Mecca. Mecca also sit on 7 hills, as does Jerusalem (originally) . Some say the Vatican created Islam.
Islam needs reformation, but it doesn`t happen because of the Al-Azhar university in Kairo. Medieval.

Humanism, philosophy, ontology, apologetics, spirit-science, fallen angels, 5000 pre-islamic christian manuscripts about Jesus, and near death experiences of muslims meeting Christ made me turn away from Islam. I love muslims very much. If only the Christians were as devoted as they are. I compiled some of my articles on Islam into a book.

Not to say there isn`t good stuff in Islam. Pray 5 times each day. Wash your feet, and hands before you pray
etc.

Here is a ¨book¨ on Islam. https://masonicministries.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/te-2018-islam2.pdf

I met Jesus yesterday night, he told me if I won't follow him then his father will put me in hell.

Thomas Anderson

These are my thoughts on Allah. As for Muhammad, I don`t think he was a prophet. I think the Vatican created Islam.

All Abrahamic religions worship the same God. This is about uniting ALL Earth, humanists and the religious, to fight for our rights against the Illuminati poison that has seeped into all society. The Illuminati technocracy NWO police-state. We will unite through my common humanistic morale of love.
The real names for the Jewish God used in the Bible is primarily Ahayah, Yehuah, Elohim, Eloah (Allah) , and Adonai. These are all in the Bible. Yes. Allah is in the Bible.
El was the God of the phoenecians and canaanites. The horned God EL of the astrological age of Taurus. Many Christians have argued that Allah is El, or that he is a moon-God of the Kaaba. But what about Yah of Gad in Philistine, the Yah of the Egyptians, Sin of Sinai, and Yah of the Israelites? Where not they moon-gods too?
I always return to the conclusion: God`s name? It changed over time. Every tribe has their word for God, but we have discovered that the Hebrew/Aramaic words incorporate mysteries.
As Allah can mean Goddess in hindu Sanskrit, and also because the word is similar to the Sanskrit word om, some Christians have said Allah comes from Sanskrit, which there is no scholarly, or historical evidence of. Allah means God, and Om is the emnation of the universe, and the sound of the source field.
Former radio-host Bill Jenkins also say Great Pyramid of Giza was also built as a resonator through chanting the name ¨om¨ in the Kings Chamber.
There is no reason to believe Allah is not the Arabic form of the ancient aramaic, and proper word for God.
Allah is in fact a more proper word for God than ¨God¨, which comes from Germanic Odin worship, or from the God ¨Gad¨ of the city Gad. Written G-d in Hebrew.

Most Christian Muslims use the name Allah for the Christian God. Why? Because Allah comes from, and originally came from the term Al-Ilah which simply translates to nothing more than ¨the God¨ even when Muhammad walked the Earth.

Wikipedia has this to say about Allah: ʾIlāh (Arabic: إله ;plural: آلهة ʾālihah) is an Arabic term meaning "deity" or "god". The feminine is ʾilāhah (إالهة ,meaning "goddess"); with the article, it appears as alʾilāhah اإلالهة .It appears in the name of the monotheistic god of Islam as al-Lāh, translated, that is, "the god".

Moreover: Elahi/Eloi is the word Jesus used for God, and means ¨my God¨ in aramaic, whereas Elah means ¨God¨.
The Greek new testament otherwise use the word ¨Kyrie¨ for God.
With some vowel-points (invented in the 6th century by Masoretic schoolars) the word becomes pronounced ¨Alloh¨ according to some muslim-friendly jews; but hebrew dictionary says it`s pronounced ¨el-aw¨ today. It still sounds similar to Allah though.

Also: Elohim in singular form is Eloah, meaning strong one in Hebrew. Eloah is pronounced Allah in Hebrew, and is a Biblical term used both for pagan Gods, but mostly the God of Israel. Some argue Muslims only worship one of the aspects of our jewish God as God is not only Allah, but Yahweh Elohim, or Yah-Allah as has become so popular. They worship an aspect of the Greater Deity. I worship Yahweh Elohim. Not Allah. But there is nothing wrong in it. There is no reason we should not unite.

Thomas Eidsaa

I suspect for most Christians and Muslims, prophecy is only a small part. Most prophecies tend to be in symbolic or allegorical language. They can therefore be quite vague and probably refer more to general principles than specific events. However for anyone who believes in the Tanakh or New testament, they are there for a reason.

The reason, as illustrated by context, usually bears no relation to the idea that they refer to Islam though.

Every example claimed to be related relies on one completely ignoring the context and taking a single verse in isolation.

For example, the one that people claim refers to Mecca (Valley of Bacca) would require people from Israel going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem via Central Arabia.

Given the choice between the idea that either a) it doesn't refer to Mecca, or b) people in classical antiquity used to take several thousand kilometre detours for no apparent reason, I'd have to say the former is far more likely.

Tumah

Veteran Member
That's what our relation with God should be, submission and peace

Job 22:21
“Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.
The first word הסכן means to become used to, habituated, accustomed. It doesn't mean, "submit".

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You would think that if a book such as the Bible has significant prophetic content it would mention Islam if it were a true religion from G-d. Even if it were a false religion, wouldn't it get a mention? Lets consider the facts that I hope we can all agree on. The Bible was written by multiple authors over a one thousand year period give or take a few centuries. We have a span of history going back to Adam (if he really existed) and ending with the book of revelation. Over the last 1,900 years since the book of Revelations was written we have the emergence of two major world religions, Christianity and Islam. Research has indicated the number of Muslims in the world is set to exceed the number of Christians in about 50 years.

So if the Tanakh and New Testament are truly prophetic and from G-d why wouldn't these books mention other religions from G-d? Both Islam and Christianity are religions from G-d are they not?

Of course we probably won't agree on 'facts'. Perhaps we won't agree on anything and the best we can do is agree to disagree. But in the interim this is in the religious debates section. So is Islam mentioned in the bible? Why or why not?

The Bible mentions the alternative school of religious thought: Do a bunch of things/avoid a bunch of things to get to Heaven, as opposed to the gospel: Jesus paid for people to receive a free gift. So, Islam as a movement is mentioned only obliquely in the Bible.

W3bcrowf3r

Do you have proof for this?

The Quran in 5:68 says that Muhammad told the people of the Book to uphold the Tora.

Don't listen to these people who claim to be Muslim and are anti-Bible. The Quran actually confirmed the Tora, Psalms etc. and calls it a Guidance and a Light!

W3bcrowf3r

etc.

There is a lot of misinformation spread by the 'Muslims'. The Quran doesn't even teach to pray 5 times a day. It actually teaches to pray 3 times a day, just like David, Daniel etc. did.

The whole system of 'prayer' that is being used by the 'Muslims' isn't even Quranic. They uphold the Narrations for that, and those came 300 +/- years later and are thus a fabrication in the name of Muhammad.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe it is possibly mentioned in Daniel. The OT is ethnocentric and mentions things relative to the Jews.

I believe Christianity is not ethnocentric but is self sufficient and needs no other religion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Nor have I. Then again I've never seen the word Christianity specifically mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. Does that mean the Hebrew Bible doesn't mention Christianity?

Christ is the Greek word for Messiah. Even the Samaritan woman knew that word.

shmogie

Thank you for sharing your Christian perspective and providing contrasting narratives between Christianity and Islam, Jesus and Muhammad. I appreciate you are sincere in your faith and have avoided making your statement a personal attack on Muslims as individuals. Although you didn't specifically address the OP question, I would imagine you would either not see Islam mentioned in the Bible or see it negatively portrayed as pertaining to false prophets.

I see Moses and the Torah, Jesus and the Gospel and Muhammad and the Quran as all based on the Revelation of God throughout history.

I'm not certain on what basis you accuse Muhammad as being a murderer. Usually Christians are referring to Banu Qurayza that has been recounted in the Sirat. Is that what you meant? This account can not be considered reliable. As you may know Muhammad managed to unite a disparate group of Arab tribes on the Arabian peninsula. They were pagans and worshipped many gods but He taught them to be like the Jews and Christians and to worship the One True G-d. The nature of that G-d in the Quran appears very similar to the G-d of the Jews and the Christians. Is that what you mean by deception?

Of course the G-d of the Jews is the same G-d as the Christians and G-d does not change (Malachi 3:6). So we need to reconcile the OT violence such as recounted in the book of Joshua with the G-d who revealed Himself through Jesus. G-d is pragmatic. It was not the time to fight and oppose the Romans as the Jewish wanted. There is a season for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8) including peace and war. Jesus never lifted a sword but that does not mean G-d requires us to be in the face of genuine evil and injustice in the world.

In regards the Sikhs, this was centuries after Muhammad departed and I'm sure we can find many parallels in the violence and atrocities of Christians.

While you have referred to the Hadith, these too are unreliable. I see the Word of God in the Quran as I do the Gospels and Torah. We can be naïve when overlooking hateful philosophies for sure. We can also have prejudice because of colour of one's skin as well as their religion. I've witnessed religious bigotry in Northern Ireland, where its been intractable animosities between Catholic Christians and Protestant Christians. Christ when asked the most important commandment, quote from Deuteronomy 6:5 about loving G-d. Then He spoke of love for our neighbours and enemies. If Christians in Northern Ireland and the USA are so divided then who will bring the peace to earth promised by G-d through the Isaiah 9:6-7?

Thanks again for your post.
A man may call himself a fence post, that doesn't make him one. A man may call himself a Christian, that doesn't make him one.

Christ said their were two paths, one broad, for many to take, that leads to disaster, one narrow and difficult, that leads to salvation

This not only applies to the world, it applies to Christianity.

The very spiritual entity that stalks with mirages the world, stalks Christianity. We are told in The Bible that this was occurring in the early days of the faith.

Sadly, it appears that the majority of Christians may have succumbed to the false illusions.

Christ said " by their fruit you shall know them ". You cannot judge a set of faith principles by those that allege they keep them. You can only judge yourself in relation to those faith principles.

Thus you see those that say they are followers of the true religion of peace, being violent and vicious.

God cherishes his children choosing to love and follow him based on total and complete free will. Compulsion of any kind is anathema to him. Thus, the only responsibility of a Christian is to see that others of Gods children know the truth and can make an informed choice. The choice, and the results are between they, and God. Any compulsion, by violence or otherwise us not of God, and thus is not of Christ.

Peace