• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Bible mention Islam?

Is Islam mentioned in the Bible

• Total voters

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok, let's unfalse dichotomise it. Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead. They believe that is what the NT teaches. Baha'is say Jesus didn't physically rise from the dead and that the verses in the NT can't be taken literally. So, if the Baha'is are correct, then the Christian belief about Jesus coming back to life is wrong, right? Or, is that too dichomomised still?

Christians built their doctrines on what is said in the NT. They decided which books got put into the NT. They declared the NT the Word of God. Therefore, it is God's truth and can be trusted as being the truth. You keep pretending that I'm saying that it is either literally true or that the NT is false. No. Christians don't even take it 100% literal. But, they do take the parts that are reporting about the things that Jesus did are literal. Baha'is don't.

Baha'is say that those things couldn't have happened. Things like casting out demons and rising from the dead don't coincide with science, therefore they must be symbolic. So what is the result of making the resurrection not literal? Well, it kind of destroys the foundation of Christianity. All I'm saying is that if the resurrection isn't true, literally, as the Baha'is claim, then the resurrection is a myth. Is there a word that you'd like better than "myth"? Or, does "myth" work for you? How about fiction? If it didn't happen literally, then it is fiction. Would that be accurate in saying that?

I'll get back to you on the rest of your post. Thanks.

CG, I thought this video may be of interest to you if you haven't seen it before.

By false dichotomy, I mean the gospels have to be literally true in regards historical events or they are false and not to be trusted.

Many Biblical scholars take a middle ground where stories have been carefully constructed to look like historical events but are actually carefully constructed theological or allegorical narratives, all based on the oral traditions or teachings of the apostles such as Paul.

As previously stated the resurrection is an essential theological part of both Islam and the Baha'i Faith.

There are many of Paul's teachings that use the Body of Christ as a metaphor, and I don't think you need me to quote the many verses from Paul that support this perspective.

So I suppose you could use words such as fiction or myth but that doesn't do justice to the importance of what the resurrection actually is, and that's the capacity to bring new spiritual life to those who are spiritually dead.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
But, using Christianity as an example, if the Baha'is are right, when has Christianity ever taught the truth? If the Baha'is are right, any Christian Church that has taught that Jesus rose from the dead, physically, that Satan is real and that God is a trinity, is wrong. And, has been teaching things that are false.

As above, Satan, like the resurrection, is another important theological construct to better understand the nature of evil and the importance of God's Teachings to overcome the forces of darkness within ourselves and communities.

The Trinity is a 4th century doctrine that forms part of the Nicene Creed. Its value is to help understand the relationship between the God, HIs Manifestation and the Holy Spirit (As per Acts of the Apostles 2). If taken literally to mean a triune God, then we do have a false belief that Muhammad corrected. However the error lies not within the Gospels, but how they have been interpreted.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't gotten to all your references in this post yet, but I saw Tony response to this part of your post and have a comment. And that is, I don't see how the number is a date. It is a "number" or a "mark". If people don't get this mark on their forehead or hand, they can't buy or sell. It sounds very forced to have to add 5 years to a date to get 666. And like you said, the year of the birth of Christ is not known. It is only an estimate. An estimate that you say is 4-6 years. What if 4 years is the correct year that Jesus was born? Then, 4 plus 661 equals 665. So the number of the beast shall be 666 minus 1? And I could come up with an explanation. The Umayyads were probably thinking about taking over the year before they actually took over. So if you take 666 and account for the thought of taken over in the prior year, you get 665.
The Baha'is at least have answers to the important questions that are coherent. They may not be to everyone's satisfaction of course.

Why is it forced? We not have a number that corresponds to years like other numbers in the book of revelation? Keeping in mind the uncertainty about the birth of Jesus we have an interval of 665 - 667 years between His birth and the start of the Umayyads. That's extremely precise given its based on an event over two thousand years ago.

Using the gemetria we can assign the number 666 to the Koine Greek or Arabic equivalent of Caliph.

Consider the types of explanations that have been used by Christians in recent times to identify 666 in Revelation 13:16-18 and there is nothing remotely plausible.

The tax systems of that the Umayyads and Abbasids applied to non-Muslims makes sense. Perhaps you want a literal 666 stamped on the foreheads and wrists of everyone to be convinced?

And, again, about the 1260. Baha'is have to manipulate what the prophecies are saying to make each one fit. The Two Witnesses do their thing for a certain amount of time, then they are killed and lay in the street a certain amount of time. What are those two amounts of time? And, should they be added together? Oh, I just glanced at the verses. They prophecy 1260 days, then are killed, and they lay in the street for 3 1/2 days. So, if a day is a year, then we have they prophesied 1260 years, then were killed. Then, they lay in the street 3 1/2 years.

I don't see manipulation. Its simply using the well established day for a year prophecy method, that many Christians use. With the two witnesses lying dead narrative that makes up Revelation 11:2-9 it beautifully links Muhammad's Revelation to that of Christ. That is why 3 1/2 days are used instead of 3 1/2 year.

But that doesn't add up to anything that Baha'is can use. So let's change the 3 1/2 days to years. How many days in 3 1/2 years? 1260 of course. But that is not 365 days in a year. That doesn't work. So let's use 360 days in a year. Now that we have 1260 days, that doesn't mean anything. So, let's change that to 1260 years. Now, we got something. Next, the Two witnesses prophecy 1260 years. They are killed and lay in the street another 1260 years. What? I give up. Let's do the Baha'i thing. Everything adds up to 1260 years. And everything starts with 621AD and goes to 1844. There, plain and day. What could be clearer?

Lunar years are 360 days, not 365. Lunar years on the Islamic calendar is a perfect fit.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I still read them sometimes. But I'm just too practical to get into many discussions. There are better things to do. Most of it, from my POV is just Baha'i propaganda reiterated using different words. We can just go to several Baha'i sites to get that. But good on you. I think OB gave up as well.
The thing is you have something to believe in. I haven't believed, or more accurately would be, tried to believe for several decades. One of those religions was the Baha'i Faith. It sounds great on the surface, but dig a little deeper, and they are the same as Fundamental Christians. They believe they are the only ones right.

Unfortunately, for all they say about how they respect other people's beliefs, like yours, they ultimately say that your beliefs are wrong. At least they don't tell you that you're going to go to hell.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
CG if this cause is not based in God, which one can prove it is?

My wife read a prayer and asked one question and that was where did the prayer come from. She was a Baha'i after reading one prayer. All the writings make sense to her.

I read a book, that book found a spark in my heart and I started the journey. I found any question I could ask was answered that suited my Logic.

I see the Baha'i have answered all questions. Personally those answers are great for me and I see 1844 1260 so clear and yet you say it is not. 1844 and 1260 are dates from Daniel and Revelation. That 1844 and 1260 are the same year why look beyond that fact?

Regards Tony
Well, let use the Christians as an example again. That is the trinitarian Christians. Is Jesus God? Is there three co-equal parts to God... The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit? I don't expect any Baha'i would say that any of that is true. If... it is not true, then what is it? A false interpretation that has led to a false belief? So wouldn't that mean that those Christians have a false belief of who God is? Yet, Baha'is would also say that Christianity is based on God. How can Baha'is believe in both those things at the same time? Your "proofs" are the mysterious "original" teachings, and to show a few verses that contradict the things that those Christians claim. But, they still have verses that contradict what Baha'is say is true. So I can't prove a thing. I'll still listen to them and to you. If there's something that isn't quite right, I'll call you on it.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Again the 360 day year is biblical and was used by Biblical Scholars. You could easily find this to be so. It is not a Baha'i invention. Most that has been said about how1844 became the date for some Christians can be found from Christain sources.

What they did not know when doing the calculations is that 1260 was also 1844. Then the Bab and Baha'u'llah gave Messages and that opened doors to new understandings.

Personally I think you like playing with the audience. You enjoy adding to the complexity and playing the good guy to all.

You did ask what I thought you may be doing wrong and that is my observation taken from your replies to both sides. I have also noted you actually like playing the side of rejection best, making it far more complicated than it really is.

So are you playing, or are you really searching?

I wish you always well CG, love to have a cuppa and chat one day in person.

Regards Tony
You forgot like 90% of what I posted. Hopefully, it is not too complex for you to explain to me.

I haven't gotten to all your references in this post yet, but I saw Tony response to this part of your post and have a comment. And that is, I don't see how the number is a date. It is a "number" or a "mark". If people don't get this mark on their forehead or hand, they can't buy or sell. It sounds very forced to have to add 5 years to a date to get 666. And like you said, the year of the birth of Christ is not known. It is only an estimate. An estimate that you say is 4-6 years. What if 4 years is the correct year that Jesus was born? Then, 4 plus 661 equals 665. So the number of the beast shall be 666 minus 1? And I could come up with an explanation. The Umayyads were probably thinking about taking over the year before they actually took over. So if you take 666 and account for the thought of taken over in the prior year, you get 665.

And, again, about the 1260. Baha'is have to manipulate what the prophecies are saying to make each one fit. The Two Witnesses do their thing for a certain amount of time, then they are killed and lay in the street a certain amount of time. What are those two amounts of time? And, should they be added together? Oh, I just glanced at the verses. They prophecy 1260 days, then are killed, and they lay in the street for 3 1/2 days. So, if a day is a year, then we have they prophesied 1260 years, then were killed. Then, they lay in the street 3 1/2 years.

But that doesn't add up to anything that Baha'is can use. So let's change the 3 1/2 days to years. How many days in 3 1/2 years? 1260 of course. But that is not 365 days in a year. That doesn't work. So let's use 360 days in a year. Now that we have 1260 days, that doesn't mean anything. So, let's change that to 1260 years. Now, we got something. Next, the Two witnesses prophecy 1260 years. They are killed and lay in the street another 1260 years. What? I give up. Let's do the Baha'i thing. Everything adds up to 1260 years. And everything starts with 621AD and goes to 1844. There, plain as day. What could be clearer?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Thus you have accepted that Allah spoke through the Bab and Baha'u'llah?

Or is there special conditions you would like to add as to what Muhammad offered?

Regards Tony
Hey Tony, I've got a question about this too. What is the Baha'i definition of a "manifestation"? Isn't one of them that they are a "perfectly" polished mirror reflecting God? Does Muhammad fit this and the other things that define a manifestation? Do Muslims even put Muhammad into such a special category? I've asked this a few times, but I don't remember if you answered or not.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
All the best CG. I wish you always well.

Regards Tony
Here's the rest of the post. Do you have any comments?

Along with making the "claim" they are a new messenger from God, is also a message. Are those messages, as we have them today, not some hypothetical "original" message that doesn't exist, but the message of "truth" from each religion, do they contradict each other? If you can't think of any contradictions, let me help you.

Hinduism and Buddhism and other religions believe there are many Gods or no God and believe in reincarnation. Do Baha'is believe that? No. So Baha'is have to make some changes to get those religions to fit into the Baha'i explanation of the truth from God. What are those explanations?

Jews believe the Law was given to them for all their generations. Baha'is can't have that. Baha'is have brought new laws, so what do you tell Jews about why they should not follow their Laws but change and start following Baha'i laws?

Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead in some kind of material way, because they could touch him, because he ate food with them and he told them that he wasn't a ghost but flesh and bone. The Baha'is can't have that. Baha'is have to explain away all the verses that have Jesus coming back to life and appearing to the disciples. How do Baha'is do that?

We've all heard the Baha'i explanations before. Baha'is can't allow contradictory beliefs to be true. They must be explained away to make the Baha'i beliefs the only correct beliefs about God. We all know how Baha'is do this. They'll say that people followed "traditions" that were added in to the religion and weren't in the "original" message from the prophet. They'll say verses were misinterpreted. And the main way the verses were misinterpreted is that something that was "symbolic" was taken literal.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
CG, I thought this video may be of interest to you if you haven't seen it before.

By false dichotomy, I mean the gospels have to be literally true in regards historical events or they are false and not to be trusted.

Many Biblical scholars take a middle ground where stories have been carefully constructed to look like historical events but are actually carefully constructed theological or allegorical narratives, all based on the oral traditions or teachings of the apostles such as Paul.

As previously stated the resurrection is an essential theological part of both Islam and the Baha'i Faith.

There are many of Paul's teachings that use the Body of Christ as a metaphor, and I don't think you need me to quote the many verses from Paul that support this perspective.

So I suppose you could use words such as fiction or myth but that doesn't do justice to the importance of what the resurrection actually is, and that's the capacity to bring new spiritual life to those who are spiritually dead.
Well, that's the problem. All four gospels have Jesus being crucified, then, at that point, they all switched to a "carefully constructed theological or allegorical" narrative? So, since the gospel writers wrote this "carefully constructed theological or allegorical" narrative, they knew that it was not literal? Then, did the Apostles and Paul know they weren't literal? Yet, the early Church leaders, for some reason, didn't get the memo, and thought the resurrection was literal? Really?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The tax systems of that the Umayyads and Abbasids applied to non-Muslims makes sense. Perhaps you want a literal 666 stamped on the foreheads and wrists of everyone to be convinced?
So people couldn't buy or sell under the Umayyads and Abbasids? And the God tells John that people won't be able to buy or sell unless they have the number of the beast. And this number is the number of a man, 666? But actually, it is a year, 666 years after the unknown birth date of Jesus, which is the year 661AD?

So that's great. We have the starting date of the beast, 621AD. And, how long did the beast stay in power? Oh sorry, I forgot. That all the numbers start from 621AD, even if it's a beast that didn't gain power until 40 years after that date, and didn't stay in power for the amount of time prophesied in Revelation. Oh, and I forgot something else, the beast that has this number comes way later then the first beast. And, somehow, this number refers back to the first beast which Baha'is believe to be the Umayyads. Too many twists and turns, but it is more coherent than what Christians have.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I would ask first, did you ever sit down and read the Kitabi-iqan?

This answers many questions you have asked.

Regards Tony
Really? You referred me once to the "Dawn-Breakers" and no, I haven't read the "Dawn-Breakers". Is there Cliff notes available on it and on this other book?

InvestigateTruth

Well, that's the problem. All four gospels have Jesus being crucified, then, at that point, they all switched to a "carefully constructed theological or allegorical" narrative?
Yes. They did.

So, since the gospel writers wrote this "carefully constructed theological or allegorical" narrative, they knew that it was not literal?
Yes. The knew.

Then, did the Apostles and Paul know they weren't literal?
Yes, they knew.
Yet, the early Church leaders, for some reason, didn't get the memo, and thought the resurrection was literal? Really?
I do not know, how many early Christians knew it was not literal. But I believe, those who knew, kept it secret. As the Book says, scriptures must be kept sealed and closed, till the End.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Really? You referred me once to the "Dawn-Breakers" and no, I haven't read the "Dawn-Breakers". Is there Cliff notes available on it and on this other book?

Yes really. After reading the kitabi-iqan no other proof is neccessary. You will be able to look at 1260 and 1844 as bonus information.

This book is a great gift to humanity. I can only say it is worth the read.

The Dawn Breakers likewise is a comprehensive history of the birth of the Faith and is a riveting read. After reading this you will also have many questions answered and see why many attacks based on this time against the Baha'i Faith carry little weight.

I have read them more than once, some quite a few times. I have trouble with pronouncing and remembering the names.

I will be away for a few weeks. May get wifi connection in Haifa. Thus may get back to your posts after that. I have done the bulk of the building work that was keeping me busy now. So will have a bit of time for RF next year.

Regards Tony

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, that's the problem. All four gospels have Jesus being crucified, then, at that point, they all switched to a "carefully constructed theological or allegorical" narrative? So, since the gospel writers wrote this "carefully constructed theological or allegorical" narrative, they knew that it was not literal? Then, did the Apostles and Paul know they weren't literal? Yet, the early Church leaders, for some reason, didn't get the memo, and thought the resurrection was literal? Really?

So you haven't seen the video? Remember there was close collaboration with the synoptic Gospel authors of Mark, Luke and Matthew. The first Gospel (Mark) was written until 30 years after the death of Christ. None of the writers were eyewitnesses. The first NT book that mentions the gospels is Paul's epistle to Corinthians 20 years after the crucifixion. Paul never saw the resurrected Christ. The Gospel of John was the last to be written, perhaps 90 AD. So of course the early disciples knew Jesus wasn't literally resurrected as it didn't happen. Mythology happens in all religions so what's the fuss because its happened with Christianity too?

What's the most likely scenario?

1/ Jesus the Jewish Messiah comes back to life 3 days after His crucifixion, appears to his disciples over 40 days, and then ascends through the stratosphere to be with His father in the physical sky. Although we subsequently discover outer space is largely an empty void, Jesus's physical body has gone into outer space to a place we can't see. The reason He could do this is He is physically God incarnate so can do anything. It then emerges the monotheistic God of the Hebrew Bible is actually a triune god thanks to the enlightened thoughts of the bishops of the Nicaea council presided over by the benevolent Emperor Constantine 300 years later.

2/ Jesus a man born to Mary, claims a message from God to be the promised Messiah, and assumes the title 'Son of God'. He is executed by crucifixion for blasphemous claims (Matthew 26:63) and doesn't come back to life. The apostles or early Christians embellish the story of is His life to include accounts of Him rising from the dead and appearing to His disciples.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
So people couldn't buy or sell under the Umayyads and Abbasids?
Not without being exploited by a tax system that benefit the rulers within these Caliphates.

And the God tells John that people won't be able to buy or sell unless they have the number of the beast. And this number is the number of a man, 666? But actually, it is a year, 666 years after the unknown birth date of Jesus, which is the year 661AD?

No. God gives John a message that the followers of a future Messiah will be able to make sense of and explain to the sceptics.

So that's great. We have the starting date of the beast, 621AD. And, how long did the beast stay in power? Oh sorry, I forgot. That all the numbers start from 621AD, even if it's a beast that didn't gain power until 40 years after that date, and didn't stay in power for the amount of time prophesied in Revelation. Oh, and I forgot something else, the beast that has this number comes way later then the first beast. And, somehow, this number refers back to the first beast which Baha'is believe to be the Umayyads. Too many twists and turns, but it is more coherent than what Christians have.

You can obfuscate all you want. After 9/11 even the Christians are looking at how Islam fulfils revelation.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, let use the Christians as an example again. That is the trinitarian Christians. Is Jesus God? Is there three co-equal parts to God... The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit? I don't expect any Baha'i would say that any of that is true. If... it is not true, then what is it? A false interpretation that has led to a false belief? So wouldn't that mean that those Christians have a false belief of who God is? Yet, Baha'is would also say that Christianity is based on God. How can Baha'is believe in both those things at the same time? Your "proofs" are the mysterious "original" teachings, and to show a few verses that contradict the things that those Christians claim. But, they still have verses that contradict what Baha'is say is true. So I can't prove a thing. I'll still listen to them and to you. If there's something that isn't quite right, I'll call you on it.

I personally would use the writings of the Messenger and not what is currently considered the meanings of those writings. You used the Trinity as an example. You will not find this in the Bible, it is a doctrine added to scripture. You would be aware what the Bible says about adding to the scripture.

The sun and the mirror explanation I feel has better foundations in scripture.

2 Corinthians 4:4 "
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

To appreciate if this is so, I have accepted the explanations from who I see as the latest Messenger from God.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey Tony, I've got a question about this too. What is the Baha'i definition of a "manifestation"? Isn't one of them that they are a "perfectly" polished mirror reflecting God? Does Muhammad fit this and the other things that define a manifestation? Do Muslims even put Muhammad into such a special category? I've asked this a few times, but I don't remember if you answered or not.

This is answered by Baha'u'llah in this passage;

"..It is clear and evident to thee that all the Prophets are the Temples of the Cause of God, Who have appeared clothed in divers attire. If thou wilt observe with discriminating eyes, thou wilt behold Them all abiding in the same tabernacle, soaring in the same heaven, seated upon the same throne, uttering the same speech, and proclaiming the same Faith. Such is the unity of those Essences of Being, those Luminaries of infinite and immeasurable splendor! Wherefore, should one of these Manifestations of Holiness proclaim saying: “I am the return of all the Prophets,” He, verily, speaketh the truth. In like manner, in every subsequent Revelation, the return of the former Revelation is a fact, the truth of which is firmly established….
The other station is the station of distinction, and pertaineth to the world of creation, and to the limitations thereof. In this respect, each Manifestation of God hath a distinct individuality, a definitely prescribed mission, a predestined revelation, and specially designated limitations. Each one of them is known by a different name, is characterized by a special attribute, fulfils a definite mission, and is entrusted with a particular Revelation. Even as He saith: “Some of the Apostles We have caused to excel the others. To some God hath spoken, some He hath raised and exalted. And to Jesus, Son of Mary, We gave manifest signs, and We strengthened Him with the Holy Spirit.”
It is because of this difference in their station and mission that the words and utterances flowing from these Well Springs of Divine knowledge appear to diverge and differ. Otherwise, in the eyes of them that are initiated into the mysteries of Divine wisdom, all their utterances are, in reality, but the expressions of one Truth. As most of the people have failed to appreciate those stations to which We have referred, they, therefore, feel perplexed and dismayed at the varying utterances pronounced by Manifestations that are essentially one and the same...."

I see all the Messengers are the Reflection of God, they are all Special, they are all One in purpose. As such I make no distinction between them.

On the other hand noted in the above passage, God has given each Message with veils to the intensity of the light. One can only speculate that was done to suit the capacity of the people the Message was given to.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Although we subsequently discover outer space is largely an empty void

That brought to memory a quote from one of my favorite tablets by Abdul'baha. It is a provisional translation, but this is interesting;

"..Know then that, as hath been clearly handed down in the accounts of old, these great orbits and circuits fall within subtle, fluid, clear, liquid, undulating and vibrating bodies, and that the heavens are a restrained wave because a void is impossible and inconceivable. All that may be said is that the celestial bodies and the material bodies of the ethereal regions differ in respect of some of the substances and elements from which they are constituted, the quantities and proportions of these that go into their composition, the peculiar characteristics causing the difference in the outward effects of these bodies, and the properties that emanate from them in rich abundance. The celestial bodies that surround the material bodies also differ one from another in respect of subtlety, fluidity, and weight. It cannot be otherwise for a void is impossible...."

Tablet of the Universe

I look forward to remembering Adrian at the shrines :)

To stay on topic, I also may ask for the wisdom to show that Islam is mentioned in the Bible :D

Regards Tony

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
That brought to memory a quote from one of my favorite tablets by Abdul'baha. It is a provisional translation, but this is interesting;

"..Know then that, as hath been clearly handed down in the accounts of old, these great orbits and circuits fall within subtle, fluid, clear, liquid, undulating and vibrating bodies, and that the heavens are a restrained wave because a void is impossible and inconceivable. All that may be said is that the celestial bodies and the material bodies of the ethereal regions differ in respect of some of the substances and elements from which they are constituted, the quantities and proportions of these that go into their composition, the peculiar characteristics causing the difference in the outward effects of these bodies, and the properties that emanate from them in rich abundance. The celestial bodies that surround the material bodies also differ one from another in respect of subtlety, fluidity, and weight. It cannot be otherwise for a void is impossible...."

Tablet of the Universe

I look forward to remembering Adrian at the shrines :)

To stay on topic, I also may ask for the wisdom to show that Islam is mentioned in the Bible :D

Regards Tony

Thank you Tony,

In regards the words empty and void, these are mentioned by Abdu'l-Baha in some answered questions as he explains the true meaning of the resurrection of Christ;

Beside these explanations, it has been established and proved by science that the visible heaven is a limitless area, void and empty, where innumerable stars and planets revolve.

Bahá'í Reference Library - Some Answered Questions, Pages 103-105

Abdu'l-Baha then goes on to explain;

Therefore, we say that the meaning of Christ’s resurrection is as follows: the disciples were troubled and agitated after the martyrdom of Christ. The Reality of Christ, which signifies His teachings, His bounties, His perfections and His spiritual power, was hidden and concealed for two or three days after His martyrdom, and was not resplendent and manifest. No, rather it was lost, for the believers were few in number and were troubled and agitated. The Cause of Christ was like a lifeless body; and when after three days the disciples became assured and steadfast, and began to serve the Cause of Christ, and resolved to spread the divine teachings, putting His counsels into practice, and arising to serve Him, the Reality of Christ became resplendent and His bounty appeared; His religion found life; His teachings and His admonitions became evident and visible. In other words, the Cause of Christ was like a lifeless body until the life and the bounty of the Holy Spirit surrounded it.

In regards Islam in the Bible Abdu'l-Baha has opened the doors of insight and perception with his analysis of the 11th and 12th Chapter of the book of Revelation as he has with the few paragraphs where he discussed the resurrection.

Even more important to understanding Islam in the Bible is Baha'u'llah's explanations in the Kitab-Iqan where much attention is devoted to the Gospel and Matthew and the Olivet discourse where Baha'u'llah explains the words of Jesus that continue to perplex the Christians to this day.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 24:29-30

Baha'u'llah's explanations are filled transformative power of such potency as to illuminate the whole earth.

Consider the past. How many, both high and low, have, at all times, yearningly awaited the advent of the Manifestations of God in the sanctified persons of His chosen Ones. How often have they expected His coming, how frequently have they prayed that the breeze of divine mercy might blow, and the promised Beauty step forth from behind the veil of concealment, and be made manifest to all the world. And whensoever the portals of grace did open, and the clouds of divine bounty did rain upon mankind, and the light of the Unseen did shine above the horizon of celestial might, they all denied Him, and turned away from His face—the face of God Himself. Refer ye, to verify this truth, to that which hath been recorded in every sacred Book.

(The Kitáb-i-Íqán)
www.bahai.org/r/047071080

As we study the Gospels and appreciate the opposition to the cause of Christ, we now in turn see the Christians arise to oppose Islam. The cause of Muhammad is a revelation they have failed to apprehend. Yet as Christendom is declining in the West, Islam appears to be gaining in ascendancy.