• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Bible contradict itsself?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It always strikes me as perplexing that people treat prophecy as history instead of metaphor.
As metaphor it can survive. Taken literally they all tend to fail. There are far too many "all or nothing Christians" and they simply can't be honest with themselves and admit that by their standards the answer is "nothing".

Hawkins

Bible is about the human accounts of testimonies. It is similar to history. So you need to first know how accurate humans can do about our history. Does your nation have a long written history to tell. God is to convey a theology via human testimonies. So He only needs to maintain the theological consistence through the incapable humans.

That's the big picture.

The Anointed

Since the Bible is full of self contradictions, failed prophecies and bad morals when read literally there really is no other choice.

I believe that you are referring to the as yet unfulfilled prophecies. All of the prophets point to ‘The Day of the Lord,’ which is the Great Sabbath, the seventh period of one thousand years from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that Day at the age of 930.

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

According to Jewish time, the first destruction of the Temple of Solomon, was 3338 AM, which is 3338 years from Adam. Our time for that destruction of the temple is 587 BC. So adding 587 to 3338, we see that from the birth of Adam the father of Seth, to 1 BC=1AD there is 3925 years, add to that the current date, 2018, (3,925+2018=5,943) and we are now living in the 5,943 rd year from the birth of Adam (These dates are very ambiguous) which, if one can accept these dates, it leaves us another 57 years before the close of the 6th day and the beginning of the 7th, which is the great Sabbath, “The Day of The Lord” the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930, which day begins after the greatest period of tribulation that this world has ever seen.

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive. We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, but when? Nobody knows the exact date.

One of the worst tribulations that the earth has suffered in recent times occurred some 75,000 years ago with the Toba super eruption, which was a super volcanic eruption that occurred sometime between 69,000 and 77,000 years ago at Lake Toba (Sumatra Indonesia). It is recognised as one of earth’s largest eruptions.

Thousands of cubic kilometres of material would have been blasted out into the stratosphere blocking out the light all over the world, turning the sun and moon into huge blood red orbs and causing the earth’s temperature to drop some 21% and it would possibly have been a thousand years, before rainbows could form in our atmosphere again.

The related catastrophe theory holds that this event plunged the planet into a 6 to 10 year volcanic winter and possibly an additional 1,000 year cooling episode. This change in temperature resulted in the world’s proto-human population being reduced to 10,000 or even a mere 1,000 breeding pairs, creating a bottleneck in human evolution.

Could an eruption such as this, be more of a blessing, than a curse, could a protective shield around the earth to protect us from increased heavenly radiation for a period of time, be established, to give us time to prepare for the ultimate end of all physical life forms that remain on this planet, and if so how?

The huge column of molten rock that feeds Yellowstone's "super volcano" dives deeper and fills a magma chamber 20 percent bigger than previous estimates, scientists say. The finding, based on the most detailed model yet of the region's geologic plumbing, suggests that Yellowstone's magma chamber contains even more fuel for a future "super eruption" than anyone had suspected.

The model shows that a 45-mile-wide (72-kilometer-wide) plume of hot, molten rock rises to feed the super volcano from at least 410 miles (660 kilometers) beneath Earth's surface. The deepest part of the plume actually sits beneath the town of Wisdom, Montana, about 150 miles (241 kilometers) from Yellowstone National Park, a steady flow of hot rock in Earth's upper mantle causes the plume to drift to the southeast, where it fills a magma chamber that sits just 3.7 to 10 miles (5.9 to 16 kilometers) beneath Yellowstone.

Other new data show that Yellowstone's magma chamber extends 13 miles (21 kilometers) farther to the northeast than previously thought. Scientists had already known that Yellowstone is a volcanic hot spot, and that within the past two million years, the region has seen three mammoth eruptions at intervals of about 600,000 years, and it is 640,000 years since it’s last eruption. Such events it is said, can produce at least 77 cubic miles (360 cubic kilometers) of basalt: enough to bury Washington, D.C., under nearly 7,200 feet (2,200 meters) of solidified lava.

The ground beneath Yellowstone is said to be 74cm higher today than it was in 1923, which indicates a massive swelling beneath the Park. Scientists believe that the reservoir of Magma is filling at an alarming rate and as that volcano erupts with an average cycle of 600,000 years and the last eruption was more than 640,000 years ago we are overdue for annihilation.

Forget about the death total within the immediate period of the explosive eruption, but just imagine what happens to our communication and ground and air transport systems, fuel supplies, power grids, atomic power stations spewing out radiation into the atmosphere, etc, etc.

What did Jesus say concerning that day? "Pray that your flight be not in winter, (The nuclear/volcanic winter) and woe unto the women who are pregnant in those days.

Zechariah 14: 6; And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Lord’s Day of one thousand years) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light. On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter. The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.

Could the Great prophesied war in the Middle East be the trigger to set off the volcano beneath Yellowstone, bringing in a thousand year period of twilight in which rainbows can't form in our atmosphere? And when, according to Isaiah 65: 20, "If one were to die during that period at the age of 100, they would be but a child.

Revelation 20: 7-9: It is after the thousand years have ended (How long after? Nobody knows.) that the last trumpet will sound and the fire from heaven descends and incinerates the surface of this planet as prophesied by Zephaniah.

It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. . . . . . . . . "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

In the pseudepigrapha of the OT, it is written that as Adam lay dying, Eve asked her lord when she would follow him in death, and she was told that she would die in six days after Adam, that is after the seventh day, ‘The Day of The Lord.’

When Adam died, Michael was commanded to show Seth how the bodies of man were to e prepared, the mummified body was then place in a stone sarcophagus and hidden inside a mountain, so that no one could do anything to his body, until his rib had returned to him.

To clone a living cell from a seven thousand year old body??????

The great pregnant androgynous body of Eve, in which THE SON OF MAN develops will die after the close of the seventh day, and the umbilical cord will be severed.

But at the sound of the last trumpet, Paul said, “We shall not all fall asleep in death, but the elect and chosen will be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye, from bodies of corruptible matter, into glorious bodies of brilliant and blinding light.”

This is when the rapture occurs. Will Continue.

Last edited:

The Anointed

I believe that you are referring to the as yet unfulfilled prophecies. All of the prophets point to ‘The Day of the Lord,’ which is the Great Sabbath, the seventh period of one thousand years from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that Day at the age of 930.

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

According to Jewish time, the first destruction of the Temple of Solomon, was 3338 AM, which is 3338 years from Adam. Our time for that destruction of the temple is 587 BC. So adding 587 to 3338, we see that from the birth of Adam the father of Seth, to 1 BC=1AD there is 3925 years, add to that the current date, 2018, (3,925+2018=5,943) and we are now living in the 5,943 rd year from the birth of Adam (These dates are very ambiguous) which, if one can accept these dates, it leaves us another 57 years before the close of the 6th day and the beginning of the 7th, which is the great Sabbath, “The Day of The Lord” the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930, which day begins after the greatest period of tribulation that this world has ever seen.

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive. We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, but when? Nobody knows the exact date.

One of the worst tribulations that the earth has suffered in recent times occurred some 75,000 years ago with the Toba super eruption, which was a super volcanic eruption that occurred sometime between 69,000 and 77,000 years ago at Lake Toba (Sumatra Indonesia). It is recognised as one of earth’s largest eruptions.

Thousands of cubic kilometres of material would have been blasted out into the stratosphere blocking out the light all over the world, turning the sun and moon into huge blood red orbs and causing the earth’s temperature to drop some 21% and it would possibly have been a thousand years, before rainbows could form in our atmosphere again.

The related catastrophe theory holds that this event plunged the planet into a 6 to 10 year volcanic winter and possibly an additional 1,000 year cooling episode. This change in temperature resulted in the world’s proto-human population being reduced to 10,000 or even a mere 1,000 breeding pairs, creating a bottleneck in human evolution.

Could an eruption such as this, be more of a blessing, than a curse, could a protective shield around the earth to protect us from increased heavenly radiation for a period of time, be established, to give us time to prepare for the ultimate end of all physical life forms that remain on this planet, and if so how?

The huge column of molten rock that feeds Yellowstone's "super volcano" dives deeper and fills a magma chamber 20 percent bigger than previous estimates, scientists say. The finding, based on the most detailed model yet of the region's geologic plumbing, suggests that Yellowstone's magma chamber contains even more fuel for a future "super eruption" than anyone had suspected.

The model shows that a 45-mile-wide (72-kilometer-wide) plume of hot, molten rock rises to feed the super volcano from at least 410 miles (660 kilometers) beneath Earth's surface. The deepest part of the plume actually sits beneath the town of Wisdom, Montana, about 150 miles (241 kilometers) from Yellowstone National Park, a steady flow of hot rock in Earth's upper mantle causes the plume to drift to the southeast, where it fills a magma chamber that sits just 3.7 to 10 miles (5.9 to 16 kilometers) beneath Yellowstone.

Other new data show that Yellowstone's magma chamber extends 13 miles (21 kilometers) farther to the northeast than previously thought. Scientists had already known that Yellowstone is a volcanic hot spot, and that within the past two million years, the region has seen three mammoth eruptions at intervals of about 600,000 years, and it is 640,000 years since it’s last eruption. Such events it is said, can produce at least 77 cubic miles (360 cubic kilometers) of basalt: enough to bury Washington, D.C., under nearly 7,200 feet (2,200 meters) of solidified lava.

Continued....

The war to end all wars, which brings in the thousand years of peace, begins in the middle East.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

But when this does happen, there will be dancing and rejoicing in the streets of Palestine, just as there was when the twin Towers were destroyed and 2,996 innocent people died and more than 6,000 others were injured.

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors." Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and him who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc."

To see the man Jesus, who they pierced, is to see the Lord of whom Enoch was the cornerstone.

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move northward, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move southward.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

It is in that thousand years of peace that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet. Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerate the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

Your disbelief will not stop this future event from occurring.
"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

Kelly of the Phoenix

"For no prophetic message ever came just from the human will, but people were under the control of the Holy Spirit as they spoke the message that came from God."
LOL. "And we have no reason at all to lie about this, except the fact you and your descendants will hang on our every word, which is much better than being some fisherman no one cared about."

I don’t know what this pathological need is for folks to make the texts out to be what they are not.
By giving humans agency, they realize they will have to take responsibility. The bible says Jesus is the Light, but Jesus said we should shine OUR lights. Christianity, unable to handle the fact Jesus said we had agency, made it so we have no agency, which is why we must listen only to the priest/pastor and give him or her money, or "faith".

Now please reveal that which in your opinion is failed prophecy as opposed to prophecy that is yet to be fulfilled.
How can Christianity claim no one can prophesy anymore when the bible clearly states that we can?

What does an eternal being like Jesus doing with his eternity that he can only pencil us in for a mere millennium?

Is he just a temp? Are we to expect someone who actually wants to have a full-time job later or what?

How are these timeframes confirmed?

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive.
A huge rock slammed into the earth and life found a way. God has never shown an ability to kill off ALL life. You'd probably have to throw the entire planet into the sun to pull that off. If He leaves even an amino acid, life can be restarted.

We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars
What does God do if we decide we're not in the mood to have that level of a war? Why does God need our nukes and tanks and stuff to end the planet?

And yet life moved on. God just can't seem to make it to the last level, can He?

God: Adam, you are cursed to work the land.
Adam: LOL, tractors and hired hands.
God: Eve, your childbirth will be painful.
Eve: LOL, painkillers.
God: I hate multistory buildings.
Everyone: LOL, better engineering schools.
God: I curse everyone to speak different languages.
Everyone: LOL, google translate.

God keeps inventing punishments and we keep getting around them. God needs to step up His game.

before rainbows could form in our atmosphere again.
You don't need the sun for rainbows, only a light source.

God: I will bring about darkness.
Everyone: LOL, light bulbs.

Such events it is said, can produce at least 77 cubic miles (360 cubic kilometers) of basalt: enough to bury Washington, D.C., under nearly 7,200 feet (2,200 meters) of solidified lava.
It'll suck for the US, to be sure, but will the rest of the world care?

"Pray that your flight be not in winter
God: I'm a-gonna make it super chill.
Everyone: LOL, heaters.

On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter. The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.
The Mediterranean isn't the whole earth.

Could the Great prophesied war in the Middle East be the trigger to set off the volcano beneath Yellowstone, bringing in a thousand year period of twilight in which rainbows can't form in our atmosphere? And when, according to Isaiah 65: 20, "If one were to die during that period at the age of 100, they would be but a child.
No. Wars are OUR choice. We don't HAVE to show up.

It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked.
But "all lives" means innocent people died as well. God can't punish a single student unless He turns an entire classroom into rubble?

"On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "
Meh. Our planet used to be a large chunk of molten rock and life managed to take hold anyway after a bit.

I'd rather have dinosaurs.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Apparently, you have not read my response to ChristineM where I explained that they are not contradictions at all.
They are blatantly obvious contradictions. But I understand why you don't think so because I used to be Christian, but it won't eliminate the delusion that these contradictions can be explained off somehow in order to reconcile the disparity.

For instance let's take Absalom.

If that wasn't a contradiction, then why did the monument remain according to the narrative? That it remains to this day? I would assume if it hadn't been a contradiction the Monument would have been torn down and destroyed as it would be no longer required.

Secondly in regards to mistranslations in Greek.

The Bible is written in Hebrew first, where is the first translations were in Greek. Like the example involving Solomon. The thing is you'd have to compare it first with Biblical Hebrew which wasn't done here as it lines up with the Greek translation to even think it was misunderstood or erroneously translated in the first place.

Last edited:

The Anointed

[
Kelly of the phoenix wrote……..How can Christianity claim no one can prophesy anymore when the bible clearly states that we can?

The Anointed…….. I don’t know how many Christians claim no one can prophesy anymore, do you? But I know of many who do believe that there are people who foresee the future.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote …….. What does an eternal being like Jesus doing with his eternity that he can only pencil us in for a mere millennium?

The Anointed……. Jesus was a man born of the human parents, Mary and her half-brother Joseph who were both sired by Heli/Alexander Helios III.

Jesus was the first fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind, the first of many brothers and sisters, who are to be conformed to the image of ‘The Son of Man’ the new creation of light beings that will dwell on earth among mankind.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote………. Is he just a temp? Are we to expect someone who actually wants to have a full-time job later or what?

The Anointed…….. Being as ignorant to the Holy Scriptures as you appear to be, I hope that you never attempt to write a book on a subject that you are incapable of comprehending.

The Anointed said:

Kelly of the phoenix wrote…….. How are these timeframes confirmed?

The Anointed……. If you are incapable of comprehending that which is written above, it is no wonder that you appear to be so ignorant as to what is revealed in the scriptures.

The Anointed said:

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote…….. A huge rock slammed into the earth and life found a way. God has never shown an ability to kill off ALL life. You'd probably have to throw the entire planet into the sun to pull that off. If He leaves even an amino acid, life can be restarted.

The Anointed……. After six periods of universal activity or six creative days, the earth with all it plant, animals and proto-human life forms was completed. Then on the seventh day [Genesis 2] we see a barren earth, devoid of all life, except for the seeds of previous plants that were in the earth. It was then that Jahel, Lord to the glory of the creator, [Jah=Lord—El-God the creator] formed a man from the earth and taking the existing seeds planted a garden in Eden and placed the man that he had created, therein, ect.

The Anointed said:
We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……. What does God do if we decide we're not in the mood to have that level of a war? Why does God need our nukes and tanks and stuff to end the planet?

The Anointed…….. The SON OF MAN, who, according to our concept of one directional linear time, is still currently developing within the androgynous body of Eve [The human race] jus as man originally developed within the body of our animal ancestors, is the Most High in the creation and the Omega, who the Alpha becomes and who exists at the ends of time, know the entire history of mankind from who he is born, and you or I cannot decide that which he has seen to have already occurred in his past.

The Anointed said:

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……… And yet life moved on. God just can't seem to make it to the last level, can He?

The Anointed…….. And Life will continue to move on, long after the surface of this earth is incinerated and all physical life forms on this planet are destroyed, as revealed by the Lord God our saviour, the Son of Man..

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……. God: Adam, you are cursed to work the land.
Adam: LOL, tractors and hired hands.

The Anointed…….. Adam never had any tractors or hired hands, only sons, who like himself had to work the soil and produce food by the sweat of their face, even today, with our tractors and machinery, man still has to battle the elements, the weeds the crop destroying insects, etc to produce the food needed by man.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote…….. God: Eve, your childbirth will be painful.
Eve: LOL, painkillers.

The Anointed…….. The birth referred to here is the birth of the SON OF MAN, who is to defeat the ruler of this world, the great tribulation that the body of Eve must go through, before she bears the child to her Lord, who will justify her continued existence even after the destruction of all physical life forms on this planet.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……….. God: I hate multistory buildings.
Everyone: LOL, better engineering schools.

The Anointed……. Proverbs 6:16-19, “These six things does the Lord hate: yes, seven are an abomination unto Him:” These seven actions or behaviours are: (1) A proud look, (2) a lying tongue, (3) hands that shed innocent blood, (4) a heart that devises wicked imaginations, (5) feet that are swift in running to mischief, (6) a false witness who speaks lies, and (7) one who sows discord among brethren.

To be continued.

The Anointed

Continued from previous post.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……….. God: I curse everyone to speak different languages. Everyone: LOL, google translate. God keeps inventing punishments and we keep getting around them. God needs to step up His game.

The Anointed……. God, the Omega, who knows the beginning from the end, says in the GNB, Genesis 6; “This is just the beginning of what they are going to do.” The Lord ‘Jahel’ knew what man was going to do in the future, if they were allowed to exchange ideas, so the Lord scattered them throughout the world, where over time they evolved different languages. Imagine where we would be today, if mankind had always spoke the one language and could have exchanged their ideas thousand of years ago.

The Anointed said:
before rainbows could form in our atmosphere again.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……… You don't need the sun for rainbows, only a light source.

The Anointed……. And where would you find a light source that could penetrate an atmosphere so polluted by the amount of material thrown up into the stratosphere by a super volcanic eruption, that even the blue and yellow light waves cannot even penetrate

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……. God: I will bring about darkness.
Everyone: LOL, light bulbs.

The Anointed……. Light bulbs are useless without electricity, and without the power stations there is no electricity.

The Anointed said:
Such events it is said, can produce at least 77 cubic miles (360 cubic kilometers) of basalt: enough to bury Washington, D.C., under nearly 7,200 feet (2,200 meters) of solidified lava.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……… It'll suck for the US, to be sure, but will the rest of the world care?

https://owlcation.com/stem/Did-Mount-Toba-Eruption-Almost-Wipe-Out-Humans

The Anointed said:
"Pray that your flight be not in winter

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……. God: I'm a-gonna make it super chill.
Everyone: LOL, heaters.

The Anointed……. Heaters aint much good without electricity, plenty of wood around I suppose, if you can survive the cold, when having to walk further and further each day in search of fire fuel.

The Anointed said:
On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter. The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……. The Mediterranean isn't the whole earth.

The Anointed……. A super volcanic eruption would cause a global catastrophe, which would set off earth quakes all around the earth, including the Middle East.

The Anointed said:

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……. No. Wars are OUR choice. We don't HAVE to show up.

The Anointed…… Yep! One can choose to capitulate, and refuse to protect themselves, and their family and friends from the aggressor. One can fall on their knees and present their neck for the decapitation of their spineless head.

The Anointed said:
It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked.

Kelly of the phoenix wrote……. But "all lives" means innocent people died as well. God can't punish a single student unless He turns an entire classroom into rubble?

The Anointed……. Correct! And if it is not for the intervention of our Lord God and saviour, ‘The Son of Man,’ no flesh at all would survive, but all physical life forms that remain on this planet will be incinerated. But of course, we believe in the resurrection of the righteous.

The Anointed said:
"On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

Kelly of the phoenix wrote…….. Meh. Our planet used to be a large chunk of molten rock and life managed to take hold anyway after a bit.

The Anointed……. The conditions that prevailed on the primitive ocean covered earth in those days, will no longer exist on an ocean free earth.

Revelation 21: 1; And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no more sea.

The Anointed said:

Kelly of the phoenix wrote…….. I'd rather have dinosaurs.

The Anointed…….. The old spiritual godhead to the upright walking reptiles, who was once the Most High in the creation and ruled the earth for over 3 million years, but whose earthly body today has been cursed to crawl in the dust. And who knows, in the eternal cycle of rebirth [reincarnation] you may have your choice of as many male dinosaurs as you please.

Last edited:

arthurchappell

writer, poet, historian,
There are countless contradictions - Even Genesis 1 & 2 conflict with different orders of the creation process. Jesus is both for turn the other cheek and bringing a sword, locations and numbers attending events change in different Gospel accounts of various miracles, Jesus says he is fully promoting Mosaic Law, and breaks with its rules and traditions constantly, the two nativity stories diverge wildly, and much more besides

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There are countless contradictions - Even Genesis 1 & 2 conflict with different orders of the creation process. Jesus is both for turn the other cheek and bringing a sword, locations and numbers attending events change in different Gospel accounts of various miracles, Jesus says he is fully promoting Mosaic Law, and breaks with its rules and traditions constantly, the two nativity stories diverge wildly, and much more besides

You may find this of interest (or you may already know of it)

Bible Inconsistencies - Bible Contradictions

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You may find this of interest (or you may already know of it)

Bible Inconsistencies - Bible Contradictions
And don't forget this site:

BibViz Project - Bible Contradictions, Misogyny, Violence, Inaccuracies interactively visualized

It connects Bible contradictions visibly:

bibviz.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Bible is about the human accounts of testimonies. It is similar to history. So you need to first know how accurate humans can do about our history. Does your nation have a long written history to tell. God is to convey a theology via human testimonies. So He only needs to maintain the theological consistence through the incapable humans.

That's the big picture.
I see no reason to think the Bible's testimonial.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
It's a no brainer to see the 100's of contradictions in there. And takes a bit of effort to find the more spread apart ones. I mean if you cared about consistency at all you wouldn't believe in any religions.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Why can't these people see. Ignorant people made stuff up...because they didn't understand 90% of what happens all the time on the planet. God is pre-science. Before even trying to figure out the world. And ya'll still believe this crapola.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why can't these people see. Ignorant people made stuff up...because they didn't understand 90% of what happens all the time on the planet. God is pre-science. Before even trying to figure out the world. And ya'll still believe this crapola.
One word:

Fear.

Religion preys upon a person's natural fear of death and makes it worse if they do not go along with the myth. From a very young age people are told that they will not only die, but be tortured as well if they do not believe.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I don’t know how many Christians claim no one can prophesy anymore, do you? But I know of many who do believe that there are people who foresee the future.
Pick anyone from a denomination that says that the apostles were the last.

Being as ignorant to the Holy Scriptures as you appear to be, I hope that you never attempt to write a book on a subject that you are incapable of comprehending.
The bible doesn't say that Jesus only intends to rule for a thousand years? Out of infinity? That doesn't strike you as incredibly lazy?

If you are incapable of comprehending that which is written above, it is no wonder that you appear to be so ignorant as to what is revealed in the scriptures.
Please prove the dating of Adam, on which all further dating hinges. Thanks.

The bible complains often when people didn't know about "the Lord." If they didn't know about Him or worship Him, why would they be using dates based on a character created by Him? Wouldn't it make more sense they are using the dating system of the authority they are actually listening to? And if there are stretches where nobody cared about Yahweh, then how do we trust things like the genealogies?

People lie about their background all the time.

After six periods of universal activity or six creative days, the earth with all it plant, animals and proto-human life forms was completed. Then on the seventh day [Genesis 2] we see a barren earth, devoid of all life, except for the seeds of previous plants that were in the earth. It was then that Jahel, Lord to the glory of the creator, [Jah=Lord—El-God the creator] formed a man from the earth and taking the existing seeds planted a garden in Eden and placed the man that he had created, therein, ect.
How does that relate to the fact we don't have a story where God can kill off all life? He ALWAYS leaves something behind.

The SON OF MAN, who, according to our concept of one directional linear time, is still currently developing within the androgynous body of Eve [The human race] jus as man originally developed within the body of our animal ancestors, is the Most High in the creation and the Omega, who the Alpha becomes and who exists at the ends of time, know the entire history of mankind from who he is born, and you or I cannot decide that which he has seen to have already occurred in his past.
How does that relate to my version of "what does God need with a starship"? If God wants us dead so bad, why do WE have to kill other people and do His dirty work?

And Life will continue to move on, long after the surface of this earth is incinerated and all physical life forms on this planet are destroyed, as revealed by the Lord God our saviour, the Son of Man..
But not on Earth.

Adam never had any tractors or hired hands, only sons
He starved while waiting for Cain and Abel to get out of diapers?

man still has to battle the elements, the weeds the crop destroying insects, etc to produce the food needed by man.
Yes, but we have an entire field of study that helps with that problem.

The birth referred to here is the birth of the SON OF MAN, who is to defeat the ruler of this world
I reread Genesis 4. Can't seem to find this anywhere in there.

“These six things does the Lord hate: yes, seven are an abomination unto Him:” These seven actions or behaviours are: (1) A proud look, (2) a lying tongue, (3) hands that shed innocent blood, (4) a heart that devises wicked imaginations, (5) feet that are swift in running to mischief, (6) a false witness who speaks lies, and (7) one who sows discord among brethren.
Jesus was pretty proud of himself.

The pigs were innocent and Jesus had no problem killing them en masse.

Jesus devises wicked things to happen to people.

Jesus turned to mischief.

Jesus accused people of things that are rather unlikely.

Jesus specifically brags about sowing discord.

Imagine where we would be today, if mankind had always spoke the one language and could have exchanged their ideas thousand of years ago.
Probably speaking something different, but it still wouldn't be exactly the same, because languages evolve. You don't even speak the same kind of English spoken 200 years ago.

And where would you find a light source that could penetrate an atmosphere so polluted by the amount of material thrown up into the stratosphere by a super volcanic eruption, that even the blue and yellow light waves cannot even penetrate
I can make rainbows with a garden hose and a light. I don't NEED the sky nor the sun to make them. Do you understand what rainbows are?

Light bulbs are useless without electricity, and without the power stations there is no electricity.
Even the ancients could make primitive batteries. You only need something to allow an electron gradient.

Heaters aint much good without electricity, plenty of wood around I suppose, if you can survive the cold, when having to walk further and further each day in search of fire fuel.
See, the thing is, ancient technology is something I geek out on. Try harder.

Yep! One can choose to capitulate, and refuse to protect themselves, and their family and friends from the aggressor. One can fall on their knees and present their neck for the decapitation of their spineless head.
I can spare my country or the planet. Hmm ... which one should I pick?

Correct! And if it is not for the intervention of our Lord God and saviour, ‘The Son of Man,’ no flesh at all would survive
With Jesus, only immortal things like jellyfish survive forever.

All humans are mortal.
Some jellyfish are considered immortal.
If Jesus saves, you are immortal.
Jesus saved jellyfish, not humans. :)

The conditions that prevailed on the primitive ocean covered earth in those days, will no longer exist on an ocean free earth.
There wasn't an ocean at first either and things still worked out.

The old spiritual godhead to the upright walking reptiles, who was once the Most High in the creation and ruled the earth for over 3 million years, but whose earthly body today has been cursed to crawl in the dust. And who knows, in the eternal cycle of rebirth [reincarnation] you may have your choice of as many male dinosaurs as you please.
Are you seriously implying I want to have sex with dinosaurs? Does that mean you want to have sex with a 7000 year old human?