• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does she exist?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Not to be vulgar but maybe he married an inanimate object, I.e a doll. It's not unheard of, nowadays, and they are expensive (some as high as $20,000). So if he was lower-middle class he wouldn't be able to afford it so you can't discount it if he's financially well off.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My girlfriend and I lived in an apartment nearby where we are at the moment. Usually, we would meet a neighbour on the way to the lift. He was a bit odd, awkward and had that sort of complainy and needy people pleasing(but fakey) attitude. Whenever we saw him, he would talk about his girlfriend a lot and how they are getting married and eventually how they got married. However, the whole time we were there, we never saw a ring on his finger or his girlfriend/fiance/wife. We sometimes met him(by himself) by accident while shopping, and we definitely tried to avoid him if we saw him first lol.

Does she exist?

She clearly exists from your neighbor's perspective. Is it of any consequence to you whether or not you've seen her? Should it be of any consequence to him? Is it of any consequence to you whether or not she exists from your neighbor's perspective?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
My girlfriend and I lived in an apartment nearby where we are at the moment. Usually, we would meet a neighbour on the way to the lift. He was a bit odd, awkward and had that sort of complainy and needy people pleasing(but fakey) attitude. Whenever we saw him, he would talk about his girlfriend a lot and how they are getting married and eventually how they got married. However, the whole time we were there, we never saw a ring on his finger or his girlfriend/fiance/wife. We sometimes met him(by himself) by accident while shopping, and we definitely tried to avoid him if we saw him first lol.

Does she exist?
Computer says no.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

Hughes Mearns

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Possible, but unlikely. The flats were on the expensive side and he said he bought it with her. Do you think the information at hand is enough to warrant a conclusion?

No, not a conclusion. A suspicion, with some grounding.

Incidentally, I wear my wedding ring sometimes, then go for long stretches without it on. My father used to wear his religiously, but a combination of wearing metal on the ring, and damaged knuckle on his finger means he wears it inside his shirt on a chain these days.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But what if she is an inflatable?
All women are inflatable, at least mine is (when compared to what she was 50 years ago). :)
Have you ever not believed someone? If you have, what are the cues?
For day-to-day things? Yes. As far as philosophy goes, belief comes hard to a strong atheist.
Let's try another angle: What is his psychological payoff of telling a stranger about his romance - real or imagined?
Perhaps he likes charlie sc's girl friend (therefore making false stories).

Last edited: