• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Science has nothing in common with God?

F1fan

Veteran Member
The Biblical Religion says, that at the Second Coming of Jesus
the Sun with be shining, and the human life on Earth will be going normal comfortable way.
I'm not sure of the many Biblical religions says this, but who cares? religions say a lot of things that are not true.

And some scholars suggest the second coming happened already given certain bits in the Gospels. Believers today want their time to be significant and often talk about the Rapture or the second coming coming soon. These sort of predictions have a 100% failure rate.

quote]But Physics says that it is not possible after 4 billion years from now.[/quote]
The laws of physics are very stable and we can make reliable predictions. Our sun will run out of energy eventually and go into stages of death. The earth will be long devoid of life before the final stages happen.

Hence, Science does not allow God to come after 4 000 000 000 AD.
Humans will be long gone well before then.

If Science has something in common with religion,
then religion is scientific? And science is religious, isn't it?
No.

Are you as a theist being jealous of the success that science offers because religion is so unreliable?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When the vail of ignorance has been removed, spiritual people do experience the spiritual realm.
Something a non religious or spiritual person can not fathom

F1fan

Veteran Member
When the vail of ignorance has been removed, spiritual people do experience the spiritual realm.
Something a non religious or spiritual person can not fathom
A "veil of ignorance" can be defined as illusion. Can you explain what illusion non-theists hold that theists do not in regards to religious beliefs?

Remember, it is the theists who hold the supernatural beliefs, the non-theists don't.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And that isn't something anyone can confirm is real, thus it is illusory.

Or do you think theists have some sort of extrasensory perception or abilities?
Yes I believe those are developed within the person after years of practice.
I know you don't believe that, that is no problem for me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
A "veil of ignorance" can be defined as illusion. Can you explain what illusion non-theists hold that theists do not in regards to religious beliefs?

Remember, it is the theists who hold the supernatural beliefs, the non-theists don't.
You only believe in what your eyes see, many theists "see" with their spiritual heart, and or the third eye. ( in my understanding)

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yes I believe those are developed within the person after years of practice.
I know you don't believe that, that is no problem for me.
Your problem is proving some evidence for it.

Do you think you are one of these special people? I notice you post a lot about struggling in your faith, so would that suggest special abilities?

F1fan

Veteran Member
You only believe in what your eyes see,
We animals with vision don't have to believe what we see, it is there to see and confirm. Belief means we are uncertain about some idea or claim. If we see an apple on the table, we know and confirm there is a real apple on a real table (this assume normal brain function, and not a person with cognitive problems).

So to correct your statement, I only believe what is shown to be probable, or likely true. I don't believe in ideas and claims that are improbable, like most all religious claims.

many theists "see" with their spiritual heart, and or the third eye. ( in my understanding)
IOW, the imaginary.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Your problem is proving some evidence for it.

Do you think you are one of these special people? I notice you post a lot about struggling in your faith, so would that suggest special abilities?
My struggle is because of idiotic discussion with incredible stupid questions.
But if there was no struggle there would not be any progress either.

I dont have any special abilities. But I believe they exist.

Make not of the words FAITH AND BELIEF
And no i do not have to prove to anyone about my personal belief. It is personal. And if you or others like you dont believe it. It does not matter to my belief.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We animals with vision don't have to believe what we see, it is there to see and confirm. Belief means we are uncertain about some idea or claim. If we see an apple on the table, we know and confirm there is a real apple on a real table (this assume normal brain function, and not a person with cognitive problems).

So to correct your statement, I only believe what is shown to be probable, or likely true. I don't believe in ideas and claims that are improbable, like most all religious claims.

IOW, the imaginary.
What ever....

questfortruth

imply that theists aren't scientific, and that atheism is congruent with science.
It is unscientific to say: "Riemann Hypothesis is wrong, because there is no proof of RH", because there is no disproof of RH yet.
It is unscientific to say: "Highly likely, that there is no God, because there is no proof of God", because there is no disproof of all religions yet.

F1fan

Veteran Member
My struggle is because of idiotic discussion with incredible stupid questions.
But if there was no struggle there would not be any progress either.
Well you created a lot of threads on your own about your own struggles. Blaming skeptics is an excuse. And m making these excuses doesn't ring true to me that you are as enlightened as you want to project yourself as being. I think you are struggling with doubts and have a lot of inner conflict that you believe more belief, more faith, more illusion will resolve. I suggest that approach creates more of the conflict you are trying to avoid. The attraction to a religious framework is tempting, and the reward center of our b rain keeps us hooked on the hormones. But all that is the experience that gives a strong person a chance to move past the dependence on religious belief.

I dont have any special abilities. But I believe they exist.
Or it could be something you want to think is there and strive for to alleviate your inner conflict.

Make not of the words FAITH AND BELIEF
And no i do not have to prove to anyone about my personal belief. It is personal. And if you or others like you dont believe it. It does not matter to my belief.
Yet you put it out for all of us to see and discuss.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It is unscientific to say: "Riemann Hypothesis is wrong, because there is no proof of RH", because there is no disproof of RH yet.
A hypothesis in science needs to be an observed phenomenon AND include facts AND provide a way to test the phenomenon with an experiment. So if the proposed hypothesis does not include the requires elements it is invalid.

It is unscientific to say: "Highly likely, that there is no God, because there is no proof of God", because there is no disproof of all religions yet.
If there is no evidence for any god, how can anyone suggest that any are likely or probable?

Science deals with what can be confirmed as a real phenomenon. It deals with facts and data.

questfortruth

If there is no evidence for any god, how can anyone suggest that any are likely or probable?
It is unscientific to say: "there is no God, because there is no proof of God." and it is unscientific to say: "Highly likely, that there is no God, because there is no proof of God."

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Biblical Religion says, that at the Second Coming of Jesus the Sun with be shining, and the human life on Earth will be going normal comfortable way.
But Physics says that it is not possible after 4 billion years from now.
Hence, Science does not allow God to come after 4 000 000 000 AD.
If Science has something in common with religion,
then religion is scientific? And science is religious, isn't it?........................]

I can agree that at the 2nd coming that life on Earth going on as usual 'until' the time of 1Thessalonians 5:2-3.
Then, with Jesus' thousand-year reign over Earth 'Normal and Comfortable' will be as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
Jesus will bring ' healing ' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2; Isaiah 33:24; 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

In today's ' known ' science/physics what many see as not possible is possible with God.
'Earth abides forever' (Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalms 104:5) and as to how God will accomplish that remains to be seen.
As for what we are now dealing with (Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:8) is the reality we now have to deal with.
Neither science nor physics can undo the damage now happening on Earth.
This is a reason why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon humanity.