• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Science create any facts?

David T

Premium Member
man created gods.........how's that for a fact?
Just replace the word God with nature. Did man create nature? You don't understand the term God thus you clearly do not understand nature. If you do not understand nature you do not understand the topic or the term god.

Among others It is last in status, not in time. Please
Regards

According to Islam, Muhammad is the last prophet that will be sent with god's message, which was part of shunyadragon's point. Or do you believe that the founder of Bahai and the Mormons were also prophets sent by god?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
According to Islam, Muhammad is the last prophet that will be sent with god's message, which was part of shunyadragon's point. Or do you believe that the founder of Bahai and the Mormons were also prophets sent by god?
Please quote the verse in question with the verses in the context, the verse with its context would clear the meanings. Please
Regards

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
Just replace the word God with nature. Did man create nature? You don't understand the term God thus you clearly do not understand nature. If you do not understand nature you do not understand the topic or the term god.

did you just indulge a trifle too much in the catnip? no, man did not invent nature, he just invented gods. that you surmise that you were created by a god is not my problem.
i do understand how nature works as far as science and experience allow it at this point, and we all know that scientists discover new and exciting things all the time, so i am looking forward to those discoveries. the god thing on the other hand is something i have never understood because i don't do to well in the fantasy isles of the bookstore....though i do like science fiction ...... so you're right in that regard. but you apparently don't get the man creating god thing.

QuestioningMind

I create facts, I don't see why scientists couldn't.
Sometimes it's necessary to create standards. Like in manufacturing, all "wigets" have to pass certain standards. That they have to pass those standards becomes a fact.

Really depends on the context. Scientists do both, create some facts and discover others.

Just to add, Ann Rand distinguishes the difference as being metaphysical facts versus man made facts.

Metaphysical facts are discovered. These would exist whether man was present or not.

OTOH it's a fact there are 50 states in the US. That's something man created. We could have divided up the US into a different number of states.

So science could create "man made facts" but discovers "metaphysical" facts.

"Scientists do both, create some facts and discover others."

No, science does NOT create facts. It discovers facts. It IS a fact that the USA has 50 states. The USA was divided up into 50 states by human beings, but the FACT that 50 states is what human beings decided to divide the nation into was not made up by human beings. It's just a fact.

QuestioningMind

"it's a fact there are 50 states in the US. That's something man created. We could have divided up the US into a different number of states.
I don't agree".

The facts or the real facts are realities. Man itself is a temporary being, the same is of the Earth and its portions only named as US of America, some centuries ago after Amerigo Vespucci,the Italian explorer, who explored the new continents.
The realities have the characteristic of permanence. Right? Please
Regards

That there are 50 states in the USA in the year 2017 is a fact today and will remain a fact 10 billion years from now, even if human beings no longer exist. Just because in the future the USA may have 60 states or may no longer exist at all doesn't change the fact that in 2017 the USA has 50 states. Circumstances may be temporary, but that doesn't mean that facts about temporary circumstances aren't facts.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Quran does not mention that revelation ended with Quran/Islam/Muhammad. It is a dogma not a reality or a real fact. Please
Regards

What is written in Quran does not constitute much of the dogma, as in Judaism and Christianity is not necessarily what is written in their scripture considered the dogma.

Nonetheless, the dogma of Islam, Judaism and Christianity is piled on later. It is overwhelmingly dominant in all the divisions of Islam that Muhammad is the last prophet, and the Quran is the last Holy Book of Revelation. Also, as I said before the dogma of Islam is dominantly in the Sharia of the various divisions of Islam.

Your view of Islam is too naive to real.

David T

Premium Member
did you just indulge a trifle too much in the catnip? no, man did not invent nature, he just invented gods. that you surmise that you were created by a god is not my problem.
i do understand how nature works as far as science and experience allow it at this point, and we all know that scientists discover new and exciting things all the time, so i am looking forward to those discoveries. the god thing on the other hand is something i have never understood because i don't do to well in the fantasy isles of the bookstore....though i do like science fiction ...... so you're right in that regard. but you apparently don't get the man creating god thing.
That's funny are you a southern Baptist without Jesus. I never said HOW NATURE WORKS! there is a great book called "a river runs through it'". In it sr. Mclain said methodists, were baptists who learned how to read. So Baptist may be when you get to the Methodist level your absurd insults will at least make sense!!! I really can't stand Jesus freaks without Jesus you are all the same go to back to church. Reductionists arrrrgh you are a plague.

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
That's funny are you a southern Baptist without Jesus. I never said HOW NATURE WORKS! there is a great book called "a river runs through it'". In it sr. Mclain said methodists, were baptists who learned how to read. So Baptist may be when you get to the Methodist level your absurd insults will at least make sense!!! I really can't stand Jesus freaks without Jesus you are all the same go to back to church. Reductionists arrrrgh you are a plague.

that's just funny. where do jesus freaks enter into this, or baptists or methodist or any other ists for that matter? lay off the catnip, or the booze, or whatever floats that leaky boat of yours. and fyi, you are indulging in the fallacy of: pot-black

David T

Premium Member
that's just funny. where do jesus freaks enter into this, or baptists or methodist or any other ists for that matter? lay off the catnip, or the booze, or whatever floats that leaky boat of yours. and fyi, you are indulging in the fallacy of: pot-black
Ken ham without Jesus is still a dork. His dorkiness is, it's all in his head about how nature works. He is a, reductionist which is that which reduces nature to fit in his cranium without realizing its bigger than his brain!!!! So what makes ken ham a conplete dork isnt that he, is a creationist its because he is a reductionist with really out of date clothes!!! Modern reductionists are all about today new clothes as the cutting edge of everything. . So which is the bigger dork the creationist or the modern Ken ham without Jesus? It's a toss up ken 2. But we I totally agree Ken ham 1 is dumb.

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
Ken ham without Jesus is still a dork. His dorkiness is, it's all in his head about how nature works. He is a, reductionist which is that which reduces nature to fit in his cranium without realizing its bigger than his brain!!!! So what makes ken ham a conplete dork isnt that he, is a creationist its because he is a reductionist with really out of date clothes!!! Modern reductionists are all about today new clothes as the cutting edge of everything. . So which is the bigger dork the creationist or the modern Ken ham without Jesus? It's a toss up ken 2. But we I totally agree Ken ham 1 is dumb.

oooooook! what is the argument here? the reason why a creationist is a dork? ...ah! i get it, you are using your "word of the day"! so you're in grade school doing your vocab exercise?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The verse will itself clear one's doubts. So, please quote them or one wants me to quote them? Please
Regards

The quote most often referred to by Muslims to indicate that Muhammad is the last prophet;

Khatam an-Nabiyyin (Arabic: خاتم النبيين‎‎, khātam an-nabīyīn; or Khātim an-Nabīyīn), translated as Seal of the Prophets, is a title used in the Qur'an to designate theprophet Muhammad. It is synonymous with the term Khātam al-Anbiyā' (Arabic: خاتم الأنبياء‎‎; or Khātim al-Anbiyā').

David T

Premium Member
oooooook! what is the argument here? the reason why a creationist is a dork? ...ah! i get it, you are using your "word of the day"! so you're in grade school doing your vocab exercise?
Goes back to your original rely to my statement "replace the word God with nature." That's actually good science clearly something you know nothing about other than some car engine analogy " how nature works". Don't worry you are in good company, I do that little word flip with religious fanatics they have the identical response. Why is it, that you and others like you and religious fanatics have the identical visceral response to the word flip?I wonder? I dont believe in god. I dont not believe in god, i am not agnostic. So maybe you can explain to me why your response to my word flip and why that is identical to religious types!!! They too find it insulting!!!!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The quote most often referred to by Muslims to indicate that Muhammad is the last prophet;
Khatam an-Nabiyyin (Arabic: خاتم النبيين‎‎, khātam an-nabīyīn; or Khātim an-Nabīyīn), translated as Seal of the Prophets, is a title used in the Qur'an to designate theprophet Muhammad. It is synonymous with the term Khātam al-Anbiyā' (Arabic: خاتم الأنبياء‎‎; or Khātim al-Anbiyā').
They must rectify there incorrect understanding of the verse the verse itself and also from the verses in the context. Please give some verses preceding from it and some verses after it for a meaningful discussion. Right? Please
Regards

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
They must rectify there incorrect understanding of the verse the verse itself and also from the verses in the context. Please give some verses preceding from it and some verses after it for a meaningful discussion. Right? Please
Regards

Well, this verse is accepted by virtually all Sunni, Shiite, and other divisions of Islam that Muhammad is the last prophet and the Quran is the last Holy Book. This is how the Islamic World understands this. If want quote or cite more, please do, but it will not likely have much of an impact on Islamic dogma.

Again . . . it is not quotations from the Quran that necessarily represent dogma in and of themselves, but the beliefs held rigidly without exception that represent the dogma of Islam, as well as Sharia Law, which within the divisions of Islam is variable and conflicting.