• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does science believe in God ?

firedragon

Veteran Member
  • Finding God.
  • Finding the cause of creation.
My question to science is.. what’s the difference between ?

If there’s NO difference.
Than my question is.. does science believe in God ?

Science is not a person to believe in anything.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Question is NOT how science works.

Question is.. How science explain the difference between finding God vs finding the cause of creation ?

So you want to know how science works without knowing how science works? Wow

Why should science even consider something without evidence or observation to consider?

chinu

chinu
So you want to know how science works without knowing how science works? Wow
And science suggest that there's difference between knowing the cause of creation vs knowing of God. But unable to explain ? Wow
Why should science even consider something without evidence or observation to consider?
Yes what made science to even consider something without evidence or observation to consider ?

Why science is asking this question to me ? whereas this MY question to science.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Knowing all this in advance, why still science try to find the cause of creation ?
Science tries to find how nature works. Nature, not creation. So, it is entirely possible, and actually very likely, that there is no cause.

Ciao

- viole

chinu

chinu
Science tries to find how nature works. Nature, not creation. So, it is entirely possible, and actually very likely, that there is no cause.

Ciao

- viole
Okay then explain the difference between nature vs creation ? :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And science suggest that there's difference between knowing the cause of creation vs knowing of God. But unable to explain ? Wow

Yes what made science to even consider something without evidence or observation to consider ?

Why science is asking this question to me ? whereas this MY question to science.

Can you explain it? Note, godmagic doesn't work in science.

Why would science want to explain a myth?

Let me break it down a little more

God, no evidence, no observation

The universe, the CMB, the red shift, observation of the skies, planets, stars, galaxies, galactic clusters.

Has science considered any god idea?
As far as i know all science has considered is the source of god in the human brain. Imagination does not create universes, except fleetingly in the mind, then the next thought comes along and poof, gone

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
  • Finding God.

"Science" doesn't "believe" anything. Science is a method we use to find objective facts about the universe.

Your premise is faulty. The term "cause of creation" itself is useless. It implies there is some kind of "cause", like a god, and it calls universe "creation", which again implies a creator (intelligent). If you rephrase to "origin of the universe", you'd be much better off, although it wouldn't really help your attempt to steer the debate to the dishonest places you want it to go.

The bottom line is that "God" is not a useful term, in cases like this. Generally it refers to some kind of extremely powerful intelligent being, usually who either created the universe or can affect it in major ways. If using it in that sense, then the "origin of the universe" is vastly different, in that it doesn't necessarily involve an intelligent creator being.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
My question is for the some who don’t.

Why some don’t ?

Many reasons. It depends on the scientist, but the most basic reason is there is no evidence for a theistic god. All of the theistic gods we have have clearly been fabricated by humans.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Okay then explain the difference between nature vs creation ? :)
Nature has not been created. So, if creation is the set of things being created, then nature does not belong to it.

Ciao

- viole

QuestioningMind

• Finding God.

As long as your willing to accept that the cause of creation might be a mindless natural process. If you want to call that mindless natural process 'god' so be it. Personally I just find such a notion to be nothing but confusing, since it doesn't meet the standards for what most people define as god.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
  • Finding God.

Science doesn't "believe" in anything except testing its own hypotheses -- and rejecting them when test can't corroborate them. If there were a "test" for God, labs all over the planet would be on it faster than grass through a goose.

chinu

chinu
Nature has not been created. So, if creation is the set of things being created, then nature does not belong to it.

Ciao

- viole
  • Trying to understand the nature of "Nature"
  • Trying to understand the nature of "God"