• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does science believe in God ?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
  • Finding God.
  • Finding the cause of creation.
My question to science is.. what’s the difference between ?

If there’s NO difference.
Than my question is.. does science believe in God ?
The cause of the universe maybe a natural law. Or universe could be eternal. There is no necessity for science to posit a God without evidence for one.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's the difference?
1. Finding God.
2. Finding Cthulu.
3. Finding the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

4. Finding the cause of the universe.
5. Finding the cause of continental drift.
4. Finding the cause of the accelerating expansion of the universe.

You seem to think Goddidit is an explanation. You seem to think there's a God to find. You seem to think the universe has a magical, intentional cause.
You seem to have an agenda here.

ppp

Then, tell the difference between finding cause of creation vs finding God.
That's a false question. You are God smuggling. Calling it a creation falsely assumes that there is a god to do the creating. It is a universe.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
NOT asking how science works.

My question is .. how science works differently on these two aspects ?

• Finding God
  • Finding cause of creation
Science is not looking for God. If science found God, it would still not explain the cause of the universe.

ppp

1. Finding God. - Insanely evil
2. Finding Cthulu. - Insanely noodly
3. Finding the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Hilariously noodly

;)

chinu

chinu
The cause of the universe maybe a natural law. Or universe could be eternal. There is no necessity for science to posit a God without evidence for one.

There is no necessity for science to posit a God without evidence for one.

Yes, but this is MY question NOT yours :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
NOT asking how science works.

My question is .. how science works differently on these two aspects ?

• Finding God
  • Finding cause of creation
Finding God is not the job of science. It's not what science does. It has nothing to do with science.

You seem to think there's some relationship between finding God and finding the cause of creation. I don't see any. They're completely different.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is nowhere written in science.

evidence ? :)
My evidence is that finding God is "nowhere written in science." Neither is finding the Flying Spaghetti Monster or finding the Easter Bunny.
You don't seem to understand what science is or does.

Finding God has nothing to do with science.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no necessity for science to posit a God without evidence for one.

Yes, but this is MY question NOT yours :)
I provided an answer. Science does not believe in God as it does not need to.

ppp

Yes, excess of anything is bad and takes one to wrong direction.
I was being flippant. But if you want to speak seriously, I would consider the standard helping of the classic forms of any of the gods to be bad. Of course that is irrelevant to the question of whether a thinking agent created the universe, has relations with humans, and pays attention to how and with whom I use my penis.

ppp

I asked the difference between, NOT what science believe in, or not.

As Valjean said...
You seem to think there's some relationship between finding God and finding the cause of creation. I don't see any. They're completely different.
Just because you can grammatically construct a question in English does not make the question semantically coherent. You may as well be asking, "How many is blue?"

chinu

chinu
I was being flippant. But if you want to speak seriously, I would consider the standard helping of the classic forms of any of the gods to be bad. Of course that is irrelevant to the question of whether a thinking agent created the universe, has relations with humans, and pays attention to how and with whom I use my penis.
Why NOT ask this question to scientists who are finding the root cause (the very first penis) of creation ?

chinu

chinu
Finding God is not the job of science. It's not what science does. It has nothing to do with science.

Yes, that’s my question too.

Mare saying they’re different doesn’t make different. Explain please.

ppp

Why NOT ask this question to scientists who are finding the root cause of creation ?
Because I don't see any creation.

There are only scientists attempting to investigate mathematical models to one day determine a) if the universe started, b) how it started (assuming that it did), and c) how to test the model against reality. Until they find a way to test the model against reality, their models are only of idle interest

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That because science is ashamed to tell the difference between finding God vs finding the cause of creation.
WHAT!!!??? Ashamed?! What are you talking about? Ashamed of what?

Science has nothing to do with God. It doesn't think about God. The subject never comes up. Science couldn't care less about God.

What is this obsession with connecting Faith and science? Do you think science is some sort of competing religion? Do you think it's intentionally in conflict with religion, competing with it?

Science investigates evidenced phenomena. It does not investigate God, or Quetzalcoatl. or Santa Clause.

Valjean said.
Neither is finding the Flying Spaghetti Monster or finding the Easter Bunny.

This is off-topic.[/QUOTE]No, it's not. It's completely analogous.