• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan have a plan for the world

Unedited

P*** off God? Get souls? Show people what he believes to be the true way? Sorry if it seems like I'm not being serious, I really am.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Merlin said:
Do you think he has a set of objectives which he is trying to meet?
To convert us all to follow his way, instead of God's way.;)

may

glasgowchick said:
yes, to take as many of us with him before his time runs out
true , he knows he hasnt got long left before his way of doing things is brought to a finish,
. Implicit in Satan’s course is his questioning God’s right to rule and his manner of ruling

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the most high over all the earth......psalm 83;18........ satan does not want people to know Jehovah but soon he will be out the way for good. then the whole earth will know JehovahThey will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea isaiah 11;9

Radar

Where does everyone get this stuff about satan wanting everyone to follow him? Where is it in the bible? If you ask me he wants you to be knowledgable. It was god that wanted all the followers. It was god that didn't want Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge. It was god that created evil. It was god that killed everyone.

So I believe satans plan if their is one would be for you to be knowledgable.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
true , he knows he hasnt got long left before his way of doing things is brought to a finish,
He's been kickin for a fair whie now lol. As LaVey said, he kept Christianity in business for so long.

Melody

Radar said:
Where does everyone get this stuff about satan wanting everyone to follow him? Where is it in the bible? If you ask me he wants you to be knowledgable. It was god that wanted all the followers.
I agree that Satan doesn't care if anyone follows him. His objective is to turn you away from God. I believe there are many false religions out there and they are the half-truth that Satan uses to pull people away from God. I also believe that people can be turned away from God simply by putting other things in God's place -- food, alcohol, money (just a few examples).

I do not think Satan wants people to be knowledgeable. Knowledge is his enemy. False pride in knowledge is what he's after. My .02.

Merlin

Melody said:
I also believe that people can be turned away from God simply by putting other things in God's place -- food, alcohol, money (just a few examples).
He would be a lot cleverer if he persuaded you that just helping old ladies with their shopping is all you need to do (good works), or worse still you just had to choose the right priest to pat you on the head and chant the right words. Wouldn't that be an ace plan.

It would stop you trying to make personal communion with God, but leave you feeling great and complacent.

Just a thought

Melody

Radar said:
you didn't answer anything...
If you're speaking to me, then yes I did but I can put it more plainly.

No Satan does not have a plan for the world because he, more than humans, knows the power of God....and knows that this world is just the staging area for eternity.

Radar

Melody said:
If you're speaking to me, then yes I did but I can put it more plainly.

No Satan does not have a plan for the world because he, more than humans, knows the power of God....and knows that this world is just the staging area for eternity.
Where is all of this written? Read my entire post again.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Merlin said:
He would be a lot cleverer if he persuaded you that just helping old ladies with their shopping is all you need to do (good works), or worse still you just had to choose the right priest to pat you on the head and chant the right words. Wouldn't that be an ace plan.

It would stop you trying to make personal communion with God, but leave you feeling great and complacent.

Just a thought
Possible .. why not? as long as you won't comunicate with God so he would be happy doing so.

I'll post now the conversation between God and Satan when God created Adam while all of them (even Satan) were in heaven because Satan was obeying God then when he disobey God he became the first enemy for human beings and God sent him down to the earth the same as Adam and Eve.

[71] Behold, the Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay:

[72] "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."

[73] So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together:

[74] Not so Iblis(one of Satan's names in arabic) in : he was haughty, and became one of those who reject Faith.

[75] (Allah) said: "O Iblis! what prevents thee from prostrating thyself to one whom I have created with My hands? Art thou haughty? or art thou one of the high (and mighty) ones?"

[76] (Iblis) said: "I am better than he: Thou createdst me from fire, and him thou createdst from clay."

[77] (Allah) said: "Then get thee out from here: for thou art rejected, accursed.

[78] "And My Curse shall be on thee till the Day of Judgment."

[79] (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."

[80] (Allah) said: "Respite then is granted thee;

[81] "Till the Day of the Time Appointed."

[82] (Iblis) said: "Then by Thy Power, I will put them all in the wrong,

[83] "Except Thy Servants amongst them, sincere and purified (by Thy grace)."

[84] (Allah) said: "Then it is just and fitting, and I say what is just and fitting;

[85] "That I will certainly fill Hell with thee and those who follow thee, every one."

[86] Say: "No reward do I ask of you for this (Qur-an), nor am I a pretender.

[87] "This is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds.

[88] "And ye shall certainly know the truth of it (all) after a while."

Quran (38:71-88)

may

Radar said:
Where does everyone get this stuff about satan wanting everyone to follow him? Where is it in the bible? If you ask me he wants you to be knowledgable. It was god that wanted all the followers. It was god that didn't want Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge. It was god that created evil. It was god that killed everyone.

So I believe satans plan if their is one would be for you to be knowledgable.
so why did God not want the first couple to eat from the tree? it was so they would not die so God did not want them to die ,he wanted them to live forever, that was his original purpose. but Adam and eve made their own rules up and then they died
That is why, just as through one man (ADAM)sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned Romans 5;12

may

Malus01 said:
He's been kickin for a fair whie now lol. As LaVey said, he kept Christianity in business for so long.
So is he in christianity, or is he in christendom there is a difference between the two:)

Radar

may said:
so why did God not want the first couple to eat from the tree? it was so they would not die so God did not want them to die ,he wanted them to live forever, that was his original purpose. but Adam and eve made their own rules up and then they died
That is why, just as through one man (ADAM)sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned Romans 5;12

Is that so???? What about what is written in genesis
22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims
, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

I got this from Faint on another post. But it fits this case.

Melody

Radar said:
Where is all of this written? Read my entire post again.
Radar,
If you only believe in the literal interpretation of everything that is written and cannot infer based on what is written, then I'm sorry, but I can't help you.

I make my supposition based on what is written...not on the literal words.

nutshell

I guess one thing I'm wondering is, in the end, does Satan believe he can win or does he know he's screwed???

Melody

nutshell said:
I guess one thing I'm wondering is, in the end, does Satan believe he can win or does he know he's screwed???
Maybe it's not a case of his winning. Maybe all that matters is how many he can take with him when he goes.