• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
_84606042_satan-promo.jpg

Do you believe in a entity called or that fulfills the role of Satan/Evil God/Demi-God?

Or is it simply a metaphor for the "evil" that exists in the minds of humanity?

If you believe in the existence of this evil being, how do they interact with the world/you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I doubt he is a man looking creature with wings and the head of a goat!

But I believe there are evil entities/spirits that influence creatures, and there is likely a leader. I identify that leader as Satan!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You said in your title "does Satan Exit"

Does he "exit what"? is the question! o_O

I guess he exited Heaven.

After entering the garden of Eden, I'm assuming he had an "Exit" as well!:rolleyes:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I doubt he is a man looking creature with wings and the head of a goat!

But I believe there are evil entities/spirits that influence creatures, and there is likely a leader. I identify that leader as Satan!

For whatever reason I find that image disturbing. :shrug:

Do you think this leader walks about on earth with a physical form?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
For whatever reason I find that image disturbing. :shrug:

Do you think this leader walks about on earth with a physical form?
Probably a form, but he is a spirit being of a different realm who influences the material realm.

I don't believe there is a material incarnation of Satan, but a spirit preternatural being.

I would say there is a little bit of God and Satan in everybody. Spirits can practice bilocation, and be in more than one place at the same time as well!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The title "Exit" is fun ;) You might want to get it changed.

Do you believe in a entity called or that fulfills the role of Satan/Evil God/Demi-God?

I agree with @Spiderman that there are entities that try to influence people negatively but not that there's a leader. These are souls in the lower astral planes that want certain experiences and try to influence the living so they can vicariously have those experiences.

On a global perspective, my framework is that of "maya", the principle of ignorance, from an advaita perspective. But maya is not an entity.

Audie

Veteran Member

If you believe in the existence of this evil being, how do they interact with the world/you?

I asked him that but he denied it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

The Christian Gnostics call this evil entity Yahweh. Not Satan.

Bird123

Satan does not Exist!! The idea of Satan exists in the minds of people only as a Belief. Where would so many be if they had no one to Blame? Would they see Blame for what it really is--- One of the petty things mankind holds so dear? I would never value or allow Blame to keep me from a Higher Level of advancement and understanding. How about you??

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't really believe in Satan or God. Maybe such beings exist, but I guess it's just as possible for the Greek gods and goddesses to exist. Or maybe not.

I believe nature exists, at least inasmuch as we can observe it. Humans at their base, primitive nature can be more like animals. Of course, humans have been able to rise above our animal instincts and form complex societies. This includes the development of language and the formulation of concepts like "good" and "evil."

I think humans invented the concept, perhaps part of a framework of a general guideline outlining "good behavior" versus "bad behavior." It seems heavily rooted in religion, but it can be used in a secular context as well. One might say a person's actions are evil, but to say the person is evil seems to imply that the person is possessed by the devil or somehow crossed over to "the dark side" - and there's no coming back.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Does one believe in the existence of Satan or not, please?
What does scientism say about it, please?

Regards

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I don't know if Satan exists other than in the minds of Christians who believe the Bible. However, I think it's possible that demons exist, so perhaps Lucifer also exists. If he exists, then maybe he looks more like Tom Ellis, then the dreadful creature in the picture.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Satan exists as God as rock.... as Satan god in creating creation was burning removing presence. Stating Satan can't exist.

Satan men taught aligned to what a sun does self consumes it's own spirits.

Therefore dust consuming science manifested evil brain mind spirits in image cooling. In man's head.

As a science and human DNA biology preaching he said proof is the human skull begins to deform and it grows horns like animals.

In life warnings. Scientific human observations life changed by satanic sciences.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Do you believe in a entity called or that fulfills the role of Satan/Evil God/Demi-God?​

I do believe there are entities in the spiritual world that are temporarily lusting for evil.

Collectively maybe we can call this Satan.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I do believe there are entities in the spiritual world that are temporarily lusting for evil.

Collectively maybe we can call this Satan.
Man's mind owns a collective man adult memory reasoned he lusted.

Not just sexually it is inferred for other variations of man's choice.

So he teaches himself by making the term of his noticed behaviour. Says it was an evil choice as it manifested evil human behaviour by human sex.

Consciously a woman kept her woman body intact. He however released his sperm and put it in the woman's cell.

He owns guilt by advice memory....look what we inherited because of a sex act.

Why he has difficulty just answering....wasn't a logical choice it was physical.

Science prides itself in the life of men as logical.

You deride your own man choices.

MyM

This could be another "tactic" of an athiest trying to get you to listen to them.

anyways, in Islam, evil does exist. Iblis is the one that disobeyed Allah and then he and his followers will cause destruction until the Day of Judgement. We know this to be true in Islam. He was not an angel. Angels are created from light and are made to worship Allah. Allah created jinn differently. He is made from smokeless fire and there are good jinn and evil jinn. They are part of the unseen.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

That's a very Xian definition, kinda can't reply to that at all, being a Jew. We have a very different view.