• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does reliogion allow you to believe in hauntings

AT3PM

you know i have gotten some pretty bizzare suggestions on this site. one person says to except the growlling into my home basically welcome it. now if i was to say that back to anyone that was somewhat in there saine mind which i did try today they were gasping to say the least as well as i was when the person posted this bizzare display of knowledge. i would never ask this type of entite to enter my home with open arms . it makes me wonder what side that person is posting for. then to answer the other question why bring up the fact i was a nurse to show validity to my knowledge of science and basic knowledge that just for the plane fact i had a disease process and i am not a complete idiot as some were proposeing as i do get challenged often as many handicaped people do by the general public and often family member as well (those people who love us ) and for any typo's i made was the fact i am plaged with right hand tremors do to the fact i have multiple sclerosis and the right side of my brain has 10 lesions and brain atrophy which does tend to effect my abilites on spelling and typing and at times mood. granted i am not prefect my if not a am sorry. i do infact beleive in sprits. ghost. paranormal. esp.(as what they called it back in the day) mediums , clyravoyence. As i stated earlier this in particular runs in my family (clyravoyence, mediums) and i just so happen to have some of the talent and as i get sicker with this disease process it is getting keener in it's abilites it runs in my family via mother , sister, aunt and myself. this is random but has been noted by the random people i have came in contact with and have stated past and present events. when my house was very active i did go to a phsycic i was so scared i really didnt know what to do it was the first time in my life i ever when he told me before i knew i had ms what i was going to have , he told me i had 4 spirts who they where, also told me the fact i was cyravoyent and medium via random at present and the others in my family and i attract souls. so there you have it forgive me for any misspelle words or typo's please this is michelle signing off . have a good night

AT3PM

i do want to think the people that have given me some good advice that were on some reply here and some private thanks for your help michelle

AT3PM

for those who have any other new advice it is more than welcome thank you. i continue to get a feeling in my chest at night that's sorta like a deep nawing feeling sometimes it happens during the day it feels sorta like a heaviness deep nawing feeling and it does'nt happen all the time it's not like anxiety i know some people might automatically think that it's a very different feeling i have had a anxity feeling before its like a sad, deep nawing feeling is the best way i can describe it thanks michelle

AT3PM

Possibly. But could it more likely mean that it is just that the desciples were a little superstitious? One thing's for sure, they weren't perfect and Jesus often had to scold them and correct them on their ignorance.

If someone thought I was a ghost, I'd probably do something to prove to them I wasn't too. I don't think that's adequate reason to believe that the bible supports the idea of ghosts.

Once again, that could just be a result of ancient superstition.

To believe in ghosts means you have to believe there is some kind of limbo, which does not appear to be a biblical concept. The bible talks about the dead being risen from their graves to meet God, which suggests that they weren't roaming around as spirit beings. It would seem to me that if there were ghosts, every dead person would probably be one, which means we'd have a planet overrun with them. Every one would be experiencing them every day, but instead we have isolated cases, which even when other people go to investigate them, they come up with no proof.

I would think the bible would be more in support of demoniac activity than ghost activity. AFter all Jesus cast out a lot of demons from people.

i am getttig confused if you do or do not belive in spirts or just demonic spirits and i have another question for you there have been a few people on here that stated to welcome growllinfg spirts into your home to actually welcome them into your home i am curious your thought on this? thank you for your participation michelle

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
you know i have gotten some pretty bizzare suggestions on this site. one person says to except the growlling into my home basically welcome it. now if i was to say that back to anyone that was somewhat in there saine mind which i did try today they were gasping to say the least as well as i was when the person posted this bizzare display of knowledge. i would never ask this type of entite to enter my home with open arms . it makes me wonder what side that person is posting for.
Oh good grief, Michelle. Do you ever stop to listen to yourself? It is obvious that you haven't understood what I was saying otherwise you would not be ranting on and on about this. In the simplest terms possible, You get back what you put into this type of phenomena, period. Full Stop. In simpler terms yet, as someone once said, long ago, "Ye reep what ye sow."

then to answer the other question why bring up the fact i was a nurse to show validity to my knowledge of science and basic knowledge that just for the plane fact i had a disease process and i am not a complete idiot as some were proposeing as i do get challenged often as many handicaped people do by the general public and often family member as well (those people who love us ) and for any typo's i made was the fact i am plaged with right hand tremors do to the fact i have multiple sclerosis and the right side of my brain has 10 lesions and brain atrophy which does tend to effect my abilites on spelling and typing and at times mood.
It is tragic that you are in this predicament, Michelle. I genuinely feel for you. It must be a living hell, to be sure.

granted i am not prefect my if not a am sorry. i do infact beleive in sprits. ghost. paranormal. esp.(as what they called it back in the day) mediums , clyravoyence.
And this is a major piece of the puzzle, I would wager.

As i stated earlier this in particular runs in my family (clyravoyence, mediums) and i just so happen to have some of the talent and as i get sicker with this disease process it is getting keener in it's abilites it runs in my family via mother , sister, aunt and myself.
This doesn't strike me as being even slightly unusual, Michelle. In my own family, both my grandmothers exhibited odd abilities, my father did, my mother does, my eldest sister does and then there is little old me, to boot.

this is random but has been noted by the random people i have came in contact with and have stated past and present events. when my house was very active i did go to a phsycic i was so scared
This is what puzzles me Michelle. I have heard this often and I have seen more bizarre things than I care to admit, but I have never been scared by what I have encountered. For the most part, it is quite the opposite... hence my suggestions. A very important difference in our viewpoints is the simple fact that I do not believe in demons OR evil. For that matter, no one in my family does either.

i really didnt know what to do it was the first time in my life i ever when he told me before i knew i had ms what i was going to have , he told me i had 4 spirts who they where, also told me the fact i was cyravoyent and medium via random at present and the others in my family and i attract souls.
Michelle, what was the advice they gave you then? Surely someone strong enough to give such accurate, detailed information would have something useful to tell you. Did they have any suggestions at all? If so, what? Did you try to follow through with their suggests or not?

so there you have it forgive me for any misspelle words or typo's please this is michelle signing off . have a good night
Michelle, if you perceived that I was accusing you of anything untoward, I am sorry for the confusion. I hope YOU can forgive me. That being said, How are you doing right now? What do you think, in your heart of hearts, the gnawing is that you described above?

gnomon

i have had a haunting in my home since i moved into it. it started very slow with just noises like banging on walls and footsteps then it got worse to the point things started moving around and me and my boys both experienced appericians (i dont know if i spelled that right sorry) anyway i was laying down and a full blown figkure was above me transparent and the lenght of my bed my son heard growlliong outside his door i told him it was probably the dog but the wierd thing is when he got on the bus my bedroom door was closed i heard the same thing it was very low in tone i opened the door looking for a dog nope no dog chilly thats all i got to say. by the failth i was raised with this stuff shouldnt really be happening however there are sever cases and they are exorcised i could fill this entire page with stuff that happened. a ladsy died there before we moved in we call scoop shuvel lady she wasnt found til 2 weeks latter and my dad found her after a bad smell coming from the house this house was transford, ever since i got multiple sclerosis my ablilbites to sense things and dreams thing that happened and sense stuff about people history or present have gotten extremly keener i dont know why it started in 5th grade i tried to deny it but can not no longer my name is michelle any comment. maybe it the changes in the brain i dont know i am educated i graduated from a university and was a registered nurse for 10 years saving lives and worked in trauma were that keener since came in very helpful,

Contact Joe Nickell.

AT3PM

Oh good grief, Michelle. Do you ever stop to listen to yourself? It is obvious that you haven't understood what I was saying otherwise you would not be ranting on and on about this. In the simplest terms possible, You get back what you put into this type of phenomena, period. Full Stop. In simpler terms yet, as someone once said, long ago, "Ye reep what ye sow."

It is tragic that you are in this predicament, Michelle. I genuinely feel for you. It must be a living hell, to be sure.

And this is a major piece of the puzzle, I would wager.

This doesn't strike me as being even slightly unusual, Michelle. In my own family, both my grandmothers exhibited odd abilities, my father did, my mother does, my eldest sister does and then there is little old me, to boot.

This is what puzzles me Michelle. I have heard this often and I have seen more bizarre things than I care to admit, but I have never been scared by what I have encountered. For the most part, it is quite the opposite... hence my suggestions. A very important difference in our viewpoints is the simple fact that I do not believe in demons OR evil. For that matter, no one in my family does either.

Michelle, what was the advice they gave you then? Surely someone strong enough to give such accurate, detailed information would have something useful to tell you. Did they have any suggestions at all? If so, what? Did you try to follow through with their suggests or not?

Michelle, if you perceived that I was accusing you of anything untoward, I am sorry for the confusion. I hope YOU can forgive me. That being said, How are you doing right now? What do you think, in your heart of hearts, the gnawing is that you described above?

my boyfriend doesnt like my cats so i been normaly sleeping out on the couch plus like i said before i also was having a ms flare up but i flet i better sleep in my own bed without my cats that night Big mistake. i feel assleep and didnt take my night time medication i forgot. so i woke up someting was holding me down smoothersing me and molesting me. i could breath i thought maybe it was my boyfriend playing around and not realizing he was not cutting my airway off with the blanket so i kept trying to breath out loud saying stop it i cant breath my cats were out side banging up aginst the door my boyfrind said all night he said it was driving him crazy any way i kept kicking at hom trying to scream stop it finally my boyfriend said hey whats the matter i am over hear somehting like that i mean i was scared i couldnt breath and by this time i was wheezing and i dont have asthsma or anything and never wheezed in my life. only when i was over wt. i told him i forgot my meds and i didnt understand why he would'nt let me up he said i didnt do anything michelle your just having a nightmare well it wasnt i was wide awake and i fellt everthing being done to me i was upset my boyfriend didnt stand up for me at all he didnt let me have my cats in that night but for now on i told him my cats go were i go so to bad for him because he wasnt going to protect me anyway and i dont believe he could anyway. anyway my son the next day done the dishes and 3 pieces of silver ware were completely bent in halve and asked if me or my 17 year old done it i dont know why we would but i said know and the 17 year old said no and i just made up something like oh it 's probaly dishes on them or something but i know what it was but i wasnt going to tell my son it happened the same night i was mollested amd held down i do believe it was the same spirt that the physic told me about when i was really having a probem with the house he was the step grandfather that molested me at age 5 . i will never sleep without my cats again i dont care what anyone says. this was a tramatic event and has damaged my boyfriends and my relation i am upset he didnt hold me or anything after this event or give me any feeling of love at all i think thats terrible he doesnt believe in heaven or hell which i recentlly found out which i am not happy about i am sad for him he doesnt believe in god or hell i guess thats thats his cross to carry but you can tell the loss of emotion he has any way i would take any lie detector about what happen to me that night i am not kidding and its like getting molested again with a added fact of being smothered thanks for listening i did not rep this at all,

AT3PM

hey why YmirG even though i have been thru a tramatic event its certainly not the first in my life obivously and i am a person thats been thru quite allot but i didnt come on here for abuse or talk down to like i am an idoit in your above part of your entery was pretty harsh why did you come down of me i did nothing to you so whats up like you had to make it so simple for me well forgive me for having a disablity i have ms if it appears your above me in some way kudoes to you but you shouldnt treat people so harshly like that you are not above other no matter what reputation marks you have you are a equal why dont you read it to your self and ask yourself if you would like to be talked to like that especially if your goin thru a hard time . this is hard enough with out that kind of attitude or do you think you need to add a bit more stress to the number of stressor's i am already dealing with please just lay off a bit.

BruceDLimber

>Does religion allow you to believe in hauntings?

Rational religion, no!

Superstitious religion, perhaps.

Bruce

Minister_E

spirirts dwell...not like Ghost like we think but you know whern you walk into a room and you feel drained.....something like that....could be a spirit controdiction your annointing...idk it's hard to explain but spirits in a place yes haunting no....